Dog the Bounty Hunter....
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:05:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Dog the Bounty Hunter....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Dog the Bounty Hunter....  (Read 4665 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 14, 2006, 01:43:15 PM »

Arrested..can't find many details but it's on MSNBC.

The US authorities = a total joke and I mean a bigger joke then Opebo.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 01:45:26 PM »

I had a lady friend who was into his show.  I found it to be quite lame, personally.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 01:48:42 PM »

I had a lady friend who was into his show.  I found it to be quite lame, personally.

Yes, but he turned over a convicted three time rapist (Andrew Luster) to US authorities. The US authorities in turn arrested him and turned Dog over to Mexican authorities for capturing Luster!
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 03:00:04 PM »

Any details yet?
NewFederalist
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -2.26

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 04:14:25 PM »

If the U.S. Government turns Chapman over to Mexico that would be absolutely criminal. How any Republican on this board could condone this administration if this turns out to be true is beyond me. The Mexicans had Dog in custody after his capture of the Max Factor heir and let him go. Double jeopardy, anyone? Total BS!
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 04:16:01 PM »

If the U.S. Government turns Chapman over to Mexico that would be absolutely criminal. How any Republican on this board could condone this administration if this turns out to be true is beyond me. The Mexicans had Dog in custody after his capture of the Max Factor heir and let him go. Double jeopardy, anyone? Total BS!

This is still what it's about?

Wow. Definitely double jeopardy.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 05:46:02 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2006, 05:47:43 PM by Eraserhead »

That show sucks and the guy and his wife are trailer park trash. Digusting to look at really. I find it funny that he was arrested. Half of the show is fake anyway.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 05:50:12 PM »

That show sucks and the guy and his wife are trailer park trash. Digusting to look at really.

I'm glad you judge whether someone is trailer park trash based on their appearance.

I find it funny that he was arrested. Half of the show is fake anyway.

You find it funny that he's being tried for getting a wanted criminal off of the streets?

What evidence do you have that the show is fake? Are the documentaries that show him doing the same exact thing fake aswell?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 06:15:59 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2006, 06:19:12 PM by Eraserhead »

Well lets put it this way the show is about as real as the Real World or professional wrestling.

As for him being tried...good! The guy is a reckless nutcase. Get him off the streets and let the real police do their jobs.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 06:18:20 PM »

Pretty stupid to arrest him again.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 06:19:46 PM »

lol what did he get arrested for last time?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 06:21:55 PM »

They were arrested for "kidnapping" charges in Mexico, when they refused to turn Andrew Luster over to the local authorities.  The reason they are being arrested now is for leaving Mexico and not showing up for their trial in 2003.  This is not double jeapardy, BTW.

"Duane 'Dog' Chapman arrested by feds"
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 06:25:15 PM »

They were arrested for "kidnapping" charges in Mexico, when they refused to turn Andrew Luster over to the local authorities.  The reason they are being arrested now is for leaving Mexico and not showing up for their trial in 2003.  This is not double jeapardy, BTW.

"Duane 'Dog' Chapman arrested by feds"

Wow. I'm glad they got this guy off the streets. A & E must pissed though. They spent all that money advertising their wedding episode on websites.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 06:31:55 PM »

Well lets put it this way the show is about as real as the Real World or professional wrestling.

Proof?

As I said before, the Discovery Channel used to do a documentary on him which was practically the same thing. Were those fake as well?
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 06:32:25 PM »

Wow. I'm glad they got this guy off the streets.

How did you feel about Andrew Luster being on the streets?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 06:37:26 PM »

My view is let real cops who know what they are doing deal with people like that. Not fellow criminals.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 06:44:07 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2006, 06:50:13 PM by Eraserhead »

Proof?

As I said before, the Discovery Channel used to do a documentary on him which was practically the same thing. Were those fake as well?

If you want to believe in its authenticity more power to you. I'm just saying I don't.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 08:43:41 PM »

My view is let real cops who know what they are doing deal with people like that. Not fellow criminals.

You mean bounty hunters who are performing a totally legal profession? Bounty hunting is legal you know, and most modern day bounty hunters are trained and licensed. When you sign an agreement with a bail bondsman it's in the contract that if you don't show up to court the bounty hunters of that bond agency will come for you. These aren't just vigilante thugs tracking down every criminal on the street. So ultimately your assertion that bounty hunters are criminal is utterly false.

If you want to criticize this guy criticize him for what he actually did wrong, not libel his general profession and everyone involved in it. And really he isn't representative of his whole profession anyways.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2006, 08:50:32 PM »

I always thought being a bounty hunter would be cool. If I had to go into some form of law enforcement, that's probably what I would do.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2006, 11:15:43 PM »

You mean bounty hunters who are performing a totally legal profession? Bounty hunting is legal you know, and most modern day bounty hunters are trained and licensed. When you sign an agreement with a bail bondsman it's in the contract that if you don't show up to court the bounty hunters of that bond agency will come for you. These aren't just vigilante thugs tracking down every criminal on the street. So ultimately your assertion that bounty hunters are criminal is utterly false.

If you want to criticize this guy criticize him for what he actually did wrong, not libel his general profession and everyone involved in it. And really he isn't representative of his whole profession anyways.

Hmm...are you Boba Fett?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2006, 11:28:50 PM »

Glad ge caught the rapist guy, but he isn't above the law and if he broke the law he should pay the consequences.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2006, 12:30:47 AM »
« Edited: September 15, 2006, 12:32:25 AM by Occupied Virginia »

Glad ge caught the rapist guy, but he isn't above the law and if he broke the law he should pay the consequences.

He did a service for the US government, who wouldn't have gone after Luster. Then the US government turned around and stabbed him in the back. Just ANOTHER example of the crappy, double standard, relations the US and Mexico have.

As for him being tried...good! The guy is a reckless nutcase. Get him off the streets and let the real police do their jobs.

Oh, give me a stinkin break. He was preforming a service for the US govt and the US population by removing a three time rapist off the streets.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2006, 07:06:19 AM »

Hmm...are you Boba Fett?

No - Boba Fett lived long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2006, 09:46:55 AM »

This is totally ridiculous.  Are we just bending over and taking it from behind from Mexico AGAIN!?!?!  Christ ... how ridiculous that they wouldn't extradite Luster yet we will extradite Chapman.

I gotta believe it isn't coincidence that this occurs at the same time that the new Mexican admin comes into office.

Great job Alberto Gonzales ... bend over and take it from Mexico!
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2006, 01:42:12 PM »

This is totally ridiculous.  Are we just bending over and taking it from behind from Mexico AGAIN!?!?!  Christ ... how ridiculous that they wouldn't extradite Luster yet we will extradite Chapman.

I gotta believe it isn't coincidence that this occurs at the same time that the new Mexican admin comes into office.

Great job Alberto Gonzales ... bend over and take it from Mexico!

Amen to that! Who the hell would want to help the FBI if they'd throw you under the bus for getting a scumbag off the street?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies