Running Mates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:35:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Running Mates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Running Mates  (Read 15595 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« on: January 24, 2004, 08:54:31 AM »

Er... Tritto?

Um... ditto2?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2004, 12:52:35 PM »

I'm a Kerry supporter, so I'm going on the assumption he'll be the nominee. The veep nom should be chosen in the summer after asking this question: Where does the nominee need help? The base or the battleground states? If there is still some need to shore up the base, I think Diane Feinstein would make the best Veep nom. She would lock up California so the ticket could spend resources elsewhere, she would lock up a majority of women which is a MUST for the Dems. Also, she's a moderate and could appeal to some independent, suburban women. She endorsed Kerry several months ago.

If the base is solid and the Dems are within the margin of error against Bush, the Veep should be either Clark or Edwards, whomever does better in the primaries in Southern states. Personally, I like Edwards more, but I'm not sure his positive, populist campaign can do a lot as a veep nom. Clark clearly can reinforce the image of Kerry as a strong commander in chief. As far as the Pres nom, I like Clark and am glad he's a Dem, but I wish he had more tenure or record being a Democrat. He seems fine on the issues but I just have lingering questions about his commitment to social and economic issues. But I want this general who is critical of the President to stay in the party, thus I think , besides Feinstein, he'd have the most to offer. Also, I think we have a shot at Arkansas and not as much at NC.

Nice to see you back Smiley
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 03:08:50 PM »

Bhutan?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 03:26:45 PM »

Belarus?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2004, 03:38:34 PM »

He want's to run a puppet state but can't... ironic, eh?

BTW an opposition candidate at the last "election" in Belarus "vanished" a couple of months back...

They do similer stuff in the Ukraine...
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2004, 04:14:33 AM »

Edwards/Kerry or Kerry/Edwards would give the Dems a good chance of winning Smiley
Bribe Clark and Gephardt to accept cabinet positions and it gets better.

Democrat's... don't vote for Dean!!!

BTW Re: Ukraine; a journalists headless corpse was found in the backwoods a while back...
But an alliance of liberals and communists (not every day you see that mixture) should get the bastard (Kuchma) next time...

BTW Moldova has a Democratically elected Communist government.
Which bearing in mind how poor Moldova is, is entirly understandible.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2004, 09:15:51 AM »

Yes... but in Moldova they are officially Communist (ie; Marxist-Leninist), and they don't appear to have cracked down on opposition parties.
They won 50% of the vote in the last Parliamentary election (note to U.S members: in a multi-party system 50% is an extremly high % of the vote)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies