PA 13
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:23:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA 13
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 68
Author Topic: PA 13  (Read 327119 times)
TeenGOP
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: June 25, 2004, 10:01:57 AM »

She ran for the OLD 13th Seat in 98, lost big in the primary. Wanted to run in 00 but did not for the sake of party unity. She was not planning on running again but after the district was re-drawn, she ran in 02. Once Borski got out and Hoeffel was the Dem nominee, Melissa was NOT supposed to win. She came within 3.5 points of beating him. This time, she will win. Torsella's folks are supporting Melissa.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #126 on: June 25, 2004, 12:01:31 PM »

I find it extremely unfortunate, Handzus, that you just can't admit when you're going to lose a race. PA13 is lost for the Dems and that's it.

I bring up major issues that Brown is focusing on and yet you think that I keep bringing up the same thing all the time. And what issues has Schwartz focused on of importantce to the district? That she isn't a Bush fan? Ok??? The people of the 13th district want things done, wanted Section 8 REFORMED, want their doctors to stay in the state and Brown is focusing on that. Schwartz not being a Bush fan is not an issue to the voters.

PA13, whether the Dems like it or not, is still a GOP pickup.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #127 on: June 25, 2004, 12:03:44 PM »

I find it extremely unfortunate, Handzus, that you just can't admit when you're going to lose a race. PA13 is lost for the Dems and that's it.

I bring up major issues that Brown is focusing on and yet you think that I keep bringing up the same thing all the time. And what issues has Schwartz focused on of importantce to the district? That she isn't a Bush fan? Ok??? The people of the 13th district want things done, wanted Section 8 REFORMED, want their doctors to stay in the state and Brown is focusing on that. Schwartz not being a Bush fan is not an issue to the voters.

PA13, whether the Dems like it or not, is still a GOP pickup.

Don't count your chickens until they've hatched.

Your running someone who's already lost once, in a district that despite being tailor made for a Republican--went democratic, and in an Presidential election year, where Kerry will certainly out poll Bush in the district.

13 leans democratic...ever so slightly. No amount of wishful thinking will make it otherwise.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #128 on: June 25, 2004, 05:39:46 PM »

She ran for the OLD 13th Seat in 98, lost big in the primary. Wanted to run in 00 but did not for the sake of party unity. She was not planning on running again but after the district was re-drawn, she ran in 02. Once Borski got out and Hoeffel was the Dem nominee, Melissa was NOT supposed to win. She came within 3.5 points of beating him. This time, she will win. Torsella's folks are supporting Melissa.

You're partially right that there will be SOME Torsella folks that will support Melissa, though not many.  You also have to remember the Bard folks that will support Schwartz.  This is a strange district.  Just because one person in your backyard gave an opinion, doesn't mean it's the rule.  The statistics do not favor Brown here.  She has some explaining to do.  I'll admit I looked at Brown after Torsella lost but after I found out some more, I backed right off.  If she were like Specter, I would definitely consdier her, but she is on Bush' jock strap and you know it and it will hurt her bigtime!
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #129 on: June 25, 2004, 05:43:10 PM »

Speaking of Lautenberg, I think Schwartz should do a poll and if she's down by more than 5 rigth now, she should pull a "Lautenberg" and put Torsella in her place.  There is no reason the GOP should pick PA-13 up unless the candidate is THAT liberal.  I choked after Torsella lost, I'll admit it.  He was the better candidate, but please remember this is not 2002.  
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #130 on: June 25, 2004, 06:55:56 PM »

Handzus, you should really consider Brown. You know what needs fixing in this district. Atleast consider it.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #131 on: June 25, 2004, 07:50:52 PM »

Handzus, you should really consider Brown. You know what needs fixing in this district. Atleast consider it.

I have considered it.  I'm voting Schwartz!  My mind is made up.  I gave Brown a second look after Torsella lost and I don't like what I'm seeing.  I'll admit I was very worried this seat may fall into GOP hands after Torsella lost, but I think Brown is getting a lot of criticism in the Inquirer and NE Times to an extent and her stump in Fort Washington may in fact hurt her.  I'm not a 100% fan of Schwartz, but I can honestly say I find her principled.  Brown is a dirty, canniving campaigner and she is not winning me over right now.  I don't think she knows the Northeast as well as you think she does.  She looks like someone that's desperate for votes and will do anything to get them.  When I sat down and thought about it for a little bit, I came up with this conclusion.  I'd rather have a far-leftie that's principled and is acting like a representative rather than a moderate right that's canniving and sucking up to someone I don't particularly like right now.    
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #132 on: June 25, 2004, 07:57:26 PM »

Melissa Brown knows the Northeast. She's spent a lot of time here and knows what issues are important to the NE voters.

Brown will make a great congresswoman and hopefully you will realize she is the best for this district.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #133 on: June 25, 2004, 08:52:04 PM »

Melissa Brown knows the Northeast. She's spent a lot of time here and knows what issues are important to the NE voters.

Brown will make a great congresswoman and hopefully you will realize she is the best for this district.

Some of your posts have me laughing.  The fact that you and a lot of people in the Northeast can't see through this garbage is pathetic.  For being such cynical sports fans, I'm surprised people aren't telling that princessy doctor to go take a hike!  Really, Joe Torsella fits the character and ideals of this district the best, I'll admit, but a lot of people aren't seeing what's wrong with Melissa Brown.  She'll say anything to get your vote then will likely represent the doctors and millionaires who are paying her.  Don't want to piss them off, eh?  The methods she is using to get our votes wants to make me vomit.          
TeenGOP
« Reply #134 on: June 25, 2004, 09:03:36 PM »

Some of your posts have me laughing.  The fact that you and a lot of people in the Northeast can't see through this garbage is pathetic.  For being such cynical sports fans, I'm surprised people aren't telling that princessy doctor to go take a hike!  Really, Joe Torsella fits the character and ideals of this district the best, I'll admit, but a lot of people aren't seeing what's wrong with Melissa Brown.  She'll say anything to get your vote then will likely represent the doctors and millionaires who are paying her.  Don't want to piss them off, eh?  The methods she is using to get our votes wants to make me vomit.          

Are you kidding me?! whats fake about her? The fact that shes going to give up a very lucrative medical career to make 150k a year in congress? Granted, thats a lot of money but it pales in comparison to her current salary. Melissa Brown does not have to care about us but the fact that she has run so much shows that she does care. Why would she risk being called a racist and fight section 8? Why else would she give up all of her money to be a congresswoman? Why else is she standing up against Mayor Street for trying to cut the funding to Firemen? Tell me son, what is wrong with fighting for Docs? We NEED them. We dont need greedy trial lawyers. Melissa Brown DOES NOT NEED TO RUN FOR CONGRESS. She is making tons of money and has a very comfortable live that she will be giving up to run for congress. Allyson Schwartz has not outlined any plans, and she thinks she will win by running on her record. If she is relying on her liberal voting record then she better get out now! Melissa is most qualified to go to congress, especially more qualified than Schwartz - that is why you Dems are so scared right now. God Bless Melissa Brown!!!!!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #135 on: June 25, 2004, 09:21:29 PM »

Hey Handzus, tell me who you think honestly cares about this district more: The doctor who has lived here longer and has run for office, focusing on issues that matter most to people here OR the far-left state senator who just recently moved into the district for political power?

Melissa Brown has lived, worked and raised a family here. Schwartz saw a political opportunity and decided to move in. Give me a break, Handzus. You know what's right for this district and who the real fighter is.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #136 on: June 25, 2004, 09:57:56 PM »

Are you kidding me?! whats fake about her? The fact that shes going to give up a very lucrative medical career to make 150k a year in congress? Granted, thats a lot of money but it pales in comparison to her current salary. Melissa Brown does not have to care about us but the fact that she has run so much shows that she does care. Why would she risk being called a racist and fight section 8? Why else would she give up all of her money to be a congresswoman? Why else is she standing up against Mayor Street for trying to cut the funding to Firemen? Tell me son, what is wrong with fighting for Docs? We NEED them. We dont need greedy trial lawyers. Melissa Brown DOES NOT NEED TO RUN FOR CONGRESS. She is making tons of money and has a very comfortable live that she will be giving up to run for congress. Allyson Schwartz has not outlined any plans, and she thinks she will win by running on her record. If she is relying on her liberal voting record then she better get out now! Melissa is most qualified to go to congress, especially more qualified than Schwartz - that is why you Dems are so scared right now. God Bless Melissa Brown!!!!!

Listen to me SON, why do you think I'm on here diming you and Keystone Phil out?  It's because you and your buddy buy into this mind-numbing propaganda and call it fact.  Melissa Brown would have never heard about Section 8 unless some of the Philly GOP told her about it.  The GOP is trying to get their paws into anything they can.  And you don'tr think Melissa Brown is going to get kickbacks from this?  THINK AGAIN!!  The prestige of being in Congress is why a lot of people run.  Why would I want a Congressman or woman who unabashedly supports tax cuts for the wealthy?  Why would I want someone that thinks this facist @sshole in the White House deserves all the money he needs for his needless war games?  As I have said before the city and state have more power than her to stop Section 8.  Why do we need another GOP Congressperson to do this?  You guys have enough of them.  And is the problem solved? NO.  Melissa Brown will do no different to Joe Hoeffel has already done and nor can she.  Do you honestly think Joe Hoeffel or Allyson Schwartz thinks Section 8 is an alternative lifestyle and should be tolerated?  NO!! They would be foolish to think that.  Is it such a bad program to give someone a second chance provided they don't abuse it? NO.  Do I mind it for the elderly or diabled? NO!

On tax cuts, energy indpendence, the military, and most issues, I support Allyson Schwartz.  END OF STORY!!! You must think you are going to convert me... ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!
TeenGOP
« Reply #137 on: June 25, 2004, 10:09:51 PM »

Son, grow up and look at the FACTS!!! City and State has more control over Section 8??? Its a Federal Program, son! Joe Hoeffel and Ally Schwartz is not/will not be tough on Section 8 because everyone on Section 8 are Democrats! Melissa Brown will be able to, and will, work to put Section 8 on hold until it can be fixed!

As for your "kick back and prestige" comments, you are right and wrong. Yes, Melissa will gain Prestige, but please, tell me what kind of kick backs can she (a millionaire) possibly get that will equal anything she can get on her own and get easier?! Your a dud!
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #138 on: June 25, 2004, 10:15:42 PM »

Son, grow up and look at the FACTS!!! City and State has more control over Section 8??? Its a Federal Program, son! Joe Hoeffel and Ally Schwartz is not/will not be tough on Section 8 because everyone on Section 8 are Democrats! Melissa Brown will be able to, and will, work to put Section 8 on hold until it can be fixed!

As for your "kick back and prestige" comments, you are right and wrong. Yes, Melissa will gain Prestige, but please, tell me what kind of kick backs can she (a millionaire) possibly get that will equal anything she can get on her own and get easier?! Your a dud!

I'm sorry you are really f**king stupid!!  SIEG HEIL!! HEIL MELISSA BROWN!!  RAH!! RAH!!! RAH!! SECTION 8 BAD!!! REPUBLICANS GOOD!! RAW!!!!  STREET BLACK!!! STREET DEMOCRAT!!! DEMOCRAT BAD!!! DEMOCRAT LIKE SECTION 8!!!

When your paying out your @ss for college, don't come crying about how you got little financial aid.    
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #139 on: June 25, 2004, 10:17:59 PM »

so much anger, Handzus. Calm down. So you're going to lose PA13. Atleast you'll have a good member of Congress.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #140 on: June 25, 2004, 10:22:06 PM »

so much anger, Handzus. Calm down. So you're going to lose PA13. Atleast you'll have a good member of Congress.

It's the city and state that controls how Section 8 is run.  Yes, Section 8 is federally funded, but the problem isn't funding, it's landlord-tenant rules.  What will Melissa Brown do different?  NOTHING!!  Sorry to be angry, but you are really buying into to mind numbing BS propagnada and speaking down to me because you think I'm a destructive liberal.  I'd rather be a liberal than support Bush's moronic policies!    
TeenGOP
« Reply #141 on: June 25, 2004, 10:22:11 PM »

Yes, Street is Black... so are Allan Keys Herman Cain and Clarence Thomas. I know you Dems in Philly love to call us racist for not liking someone who happens to be black but that has nothing to do with their poor ability. If we were racist, Thomas wouldnt be on the court and Keys and Cain wouldnt be some of the most conservative folks alive.
Yes, Section 8 is bad. It is bringing down property value and bringing crime into otherwise good neighborhoods.
No, not all Democrats are bad. Jim Kenney and Mike Nutter are great democrats.
Well I am glad you got your point out there. And I would also like to congratulate you on proving me wrong. Wait, I did that to you! Tell me, what have I ever said that was ed up or incorrect?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #142 on: June 25, 2004, 10:27:51 PM »

Yes, Section 8 is federally funded, but the problem isn't funding, it's landlord-tenant rules.  What will Melissa Brown do different?  NOTHING!!  

Handzus, to say that Melissa Brown will do nothing different when it comes to pressure on the Section 8 program just shows that you know NOTHING about the candidate or her views.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #143 on: June 25, 2004, 10:28:01 PM »

Yes, Street is Black... so are Allan Keys Herman Cain and Clarence Thomas. I know you Dems in Philly love to call us racist for not liking someone who happens to be black but that has nothing to do with their poor ability. If we were racist, Thomas wouldnt be on the court and Keys and Cain wouldnt be some of the most conservative folks alive.
Yes, Section 8 is bad. It is bringing down property value and bringing crime into otherwise good neighborhoods.
No, not all Democrats are bad. Jim Kenney and Mike Nutter are great democrats.
Well I am glad you got your point out there. And I would also like to congratulate you on proving me wrong. Wait, I did that to you! Tell me, what have I ever said that was ed up or incorrect?

It's not that Street is black.  It's the blind association people make with Street and Democrats in general.  You seem not to bring in the blackness, but unfortunately people do and I was just bringing it to light.  Mike Nutter is a great Dem as well.  So is Joe Hoeffel, Ed Rendell, Allyson Schwartz, and John Kerry.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #144 on: July 01, 2004, 01:10:19 AM »

I just talked to someone about Section 8 today who actually works in that department.  Here's a run down of how it's actually run.  You're right it is federal funded.  However, it is for the states to decide whether they want it and for the local government to manage it.  

Ok, Mr.SmartyPants GOP, what is Melissa Brown proposing on doing to stem Section 8 in Northeast Philadelphia??  I haven't seen anything on her website or the papers that is different that any other candidate.  Someone must have drilled in your little head that a Democrat will automatically let Section 8 run rampant and not feel anything for Northeast Philly homeowners.  Most of what has been coming out of your mouth suggests that.  Do you honestly think if Allyson Schwartz is confromted with the question of Section 8 housing she'll say "It's a well-managed program and our more fortunate neighbors should be tolerant of whatever challenges the tenant presents"?  Come on buddy, even some of her most ardent suppoters such as Jon Saidel and Joe Hoeffel have addressed this issue rather harshly and I don't think she's that stupid.  

I think I have stated my other concerns quite clearly in here and you can see why I'm voting for Allyson Schwartz in November.    
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #145 on: July 16, 2004, 08:40:30 PM »
« Edited: July 16, 2004, 08:46:40 PM by Handzus26 »

Hey, KP.  Keep all PA-13 posts to here.  Has potential to be a hot topic with our home district getting a ton of play in here Smiley!!!
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #146 on: July 16, 2004, 09:35:00 PM »

How did Schwartz beat Torsella in the primary?  That is beyond me.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #147 on: July 16, 2004, 09:35:59 PM »

Where's that BAN function they have on IRC?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #148 on: July 16, 2004, 09:37:03 PM »

huh?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #149 on: July 16, 2004, 09:40:07 PM »

huh?

You know the one where SOMEONE KICKS YOU OFF FOR BEING SO GODDAMN ANNOYING???  I swear to God Tweed, do you have a freaking life?  Yeah, i was reeling a little after Joe Torsella lost the primary essentially giving the GOP a good, but not definite shot at the PA-13 seat.  Do you honsetly think you're funny?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 68  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies