PA 13
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:28:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA 13
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68]
Author Topic: PA 13  (Read 327120 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1675 on: April 08, 2014, 03:27:40 PM »

Marjorie Margolies' performance is depressing me

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Hitting your opponents for being too liberal on healthcare in a Dem primary seems really dumb to me. I think Margolies is stuck in the 90's.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1676 on: April 08, 2014, 03:49:13 PM »

Also, for those who can't remember which candidate is which.

Marjorie Margolies - ex Rep. (93-95), Clinton in-law, poor fundraiser, moderate dem
Daylin Leach - State Senator (09 - present), stellar progressive, "liberal lion"
Brendan Boyle - State Rep. (09 - present), Third Way/Moderate Hero type, endorsed by Bob Brady & other Philadelphia leaders
Valerie Arkoosh - Physician and activist, progressive with a focus on healthcare, good fundraiser

I REALLY REALLY want Leach to win (Imagine if Alan Grayson wasn't a massive prick), but Arkoosh would be pretty good to.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1677 on: April 08, 2014, 05:21:58 PM »

I wouldn't say Boyle is a Moderate Hero but he is certainly the most moderate. Leach would be another Grayson (Grayson endorsed his candidacy). Margolies is establishment elite in the Schwartz mold. Arkoosh is a blend of activist and professional.

Margolies has had many, many stumbles and her past problems have been brought to light again but I still think she's favored.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1678 on: April 10, 2014, 09:56:33 AM »

I wouldn't say Boyle is a Moderate Hero but he is certainly the most moderate. Leach would be another Grayson (Grayson endorsed his candidacy). Margolies is establishment elite in the Schwartz mold. Arkoosh is a blend of activist and professional.

Margolies has had many, many stumbles and her past problems have been brought to light again but I still think she's favored.

The last statement is unfortunate for she is the last person I want BY FAR! Still a coin toss between Leach and Boyle for me.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1679 on: April 11, 2014, 02:41:20 PM »

Bill Clinton had his two fundraising stops for Margolies last night along with a stop at Temple University to speak to the Law School. I had a few friends attend the latter event and said Bill was unusually horrible. Regardless of what you think of the guy, you expect a good performance. He was supposedly all over the place in his speech and that seems to be a general theme last night: the Daily News said he was "meandering" through political stories at the Margolies events.

Alan Graynson, Jr. (Leach) has his first ad out and it's addressing Bill's stumping for Margolies. It features Leach's young daughter. It's getting national attention - http://www.politicspa.com/pa-13-leach-releases-web-video-starring-his-daughter-watch/56862/
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1680 on: April 17, 2014, 05:02:12 PM »

Chelsea Clinton has announced that she's pregnant. More reason for Margolies to be in the news.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1681 on: April 22, 2014, 04:41:03 PM »

Leach and Boyle go up on TV - http://www.politicspa.com/pa-13-leach-debuts-new-childhood-ad-watch/57195/
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1682 on: May 05, 2014, 04:03:45 PM »

Hillary to headline MM event.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #1683 on: May 05, 2014, 04:18:22 PM »

They should poll this primary!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1684 on: May 05, 2014, 04:22:19 PM »

Yeah, it's crazy how I haven't heard of a single independent poll here.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #1685 on: May 05, 2014, 04:53:30 PM »

Well apparently a Boyle internal from yesterday has Boyle on top with Margolies second.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1686 on: May 05, 2014, 05:27:52 PM »

Well apparently a Boyle internal from yesterday has Boyle on top with Margolies second.

Yeah, there have been a few internals but it's really shocking that there aren't independent polls popping up now. Just feeds into my long held personal belief that the more localized races I care about are hardly ever polled by a neutral party. Tongue

Conventional wisdom is that Boyle is benefitting in the final weeks because the NE is unifying behind him. A few establishment types that were originally Boyle critics have come on board. There's one major hold out that will always be a hold out but that's for more personal reason. That leader is with Margolies. A lot of people also think that she's taken such a beating that she's not even really in the mix anymore. I don't buy that for a second. I've always believed the Clinton's would mobilize behind her and if Hillary is stumping for her, the race is far from over.

It's going to be interesting to see what effect that has in the NE. I've believed that the Clinton presence alone would mean Boyle could lose key support that he needs. He needs to run up the score here but if MM is able to peel off enough voters, it's going to be tough for him. He is helped by Montco being split up so his expected fourth place finish there isn't killer but simply winning in Philly isn't enough either.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1687 on: May 08, 2014, 04:21:50 PM »

Boyle getting hammered from every opponent in TV ads and mailers about not really being Pro Choice. In fact, this race helped make history: it's the apparently the first time ever when EMILY's List and NARAL have teamed up to attack a candidate. They have a mailer going out with Boyle's record on abortion. He actually has a mixed record but they didn't bother to mention his Pro Planned Parenthood votes.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1688 on: May 14, 2014, 07:07:16 AM »

Getting word of an internal showing a very close race with Leach stuck in third.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1689 on: May 14, 2014, 07:11:22 AM »

Getting word of an internal showing a very close race with Leach stuck in third.

Sad  I suppose long as Marjorie loses, I can live with the result though.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #1690 on: May 14, 2014, 07:34:56 AM »

Praise the Lord! His attack ads have really worked well for him.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1691 on: May 14, 2014, 09:39:59 AM »

Depressing, but as long as the DINO Margolies loses, I am fine with it.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1692 on: May 14, 2014, 10:55:19 AM »

Bubba appears in a Margolies ad.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1693 on: May 14, 2014, 04:34:21 PM »

The ad is cheap and no idea how big the buy is. It's clips of Bill from that big fundraiser awhile ago. The screen text between the clips is PowerPoint-esque.

Hillary is holding an NYC fundraiser for MM tonight. Margolies is supposedly broke so I'm guessing this is to pay for the ad and maybe some ground game operations.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1694 on: September 27, 2023, 05:55:25 PM »

Do we think Joyce will draw a strong Dem challenger, or will he coast by in his safe seat?
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1695 on: September 27, 2023, 06:36:28 PM »

Do we think Joyce will draw a strong Dem challenger, or will he coast by in his safe seat?

You realize what thread you bumped from almost a decade ago right?
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1696 on: September 27, 2023, 06:44:24 PM »

You realize what thread you bumped from almost a decade ago right?

Of course! It is good to follow the traditions.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1697 on: September 30, 2023, 07:09:20 PM »

And you also realize that the current PA-13 is not at all a descendant of the 2000s PA-13?
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #1698 on: September 30, 2023, 10:44:35 PM »

I have been informed that this thread is in the Atlas Hall of Fame. I read the first few pages and it was all pretty tame. I'm not particularly keen on reading dozens of pages of routine #analysis: where should I start to catch the fireworks with minimal boredom?
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #1699 on: October 06, 2023, 07:40:41 PM »

Bill Clinton will be headlining a Philadelphia fundraiser next month for Margolies. In other big news, Montco County Commissioners Chair Josh Shapiro has endorsed Margolies as well. It's been a good week for her.

Man I bet that guy will go places one day.

I have been informed that this thread is in the Atlas Hall of Fame. I read the first few pages and it was all pretty tame. I'm not particularly keen on reading dozens of pages of routine #analysis: where should I start to catch the fireworks with minimal boredom?

It looks like things start to heat up around Pages 6-7.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies