PA 13
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:40:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA 13
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 68
Author Topic: PA 13  (Read 327937 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: July 26, 2004, 10:22:44 PM »

What I am trying to say here is that if it came down to me voting  I would vote neither but I think I would vote Allyson because her campaign is not ran on scare tactics

Haha...Wait wait DemoTroll I'm laughing too hard hold on. You're saying you would vote neither but you think you would vote for Allyson? I'm speechless. You make no sense. You won't vote for either of them but you'd vote for Schwartz. I just can't understand why you post. You make no sense and you just waste time. When you want to make sense and know what you are discussing, then post.
Demoteen04
Rookie

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #276 on: July 26, 2004, 11:06:35 PM »

After talking to someone that is much smarter then me I have changed a lot of my views for the present time. Even though I do have a lot democratic views when it comes to melissa brown and allyson schwartz I am up in the air right now. After speaking with a chairman of tars he has changed my mind in many ways when it comes to the candidates in PA 13. If I had to vote it would be a split vote.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #277 on: July 26, 2004, 11:09:18 PM »

Jeeze, do your opinions change every hour? One minute you want Brown, the next Schwartz, then neither, after that Schwartz, now undecided. Give me a break! Oh and by the way, how do you do a split vote? You can't give a vote to Brown and a vote to Schwartz. When will you ever make up your mind?
Demoteen04
Rookie

« Reply #278 on: July 26, 2004, 11:10:41 PM »

After talking to a friend of yours
Demoteen04
Rookie

« Reply #279 on: July 26, 2004, 11:12:07 PM »

tomorrow morning
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #280 on: July 26, 2004, 11:12:55 PM »

After talking to a friend of yours

And then tomorrow you will support Schwartz, then no one, then Schwartz. You can't make up your mind. Oh and for someone that was so strongly against Brown (yeah that was you, remember?), no one would be able to change your mind in one conversation.
Demoteen04
Rookie

« Reply #281 on: July 26, 2004, 11:14:07 PM »

Well your chairman has certainly done that
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #282 on: July 26, 2004, 11:19:22 PM »

Well your chairman has certainly done that

Oh right, DemoTroll. We're supposed to believe that suddenly you are undecided? You're a Teenage Dem and suddenly after saying every negative thing about Melissa Brown you don't know who to support? Please.
Demoteen04
Rookie

« Reply #283 on: July 26, 2004, 11:21:02 PM »

You know what Phil you should really treasure that you have such an intellectual  and classy chairman. I do stand by my democratic views but I will never be up to par with your chairman
Demoteen04
Rookie

« Reply #284 on: July 26, 2004, 11:23:28 PM »

Phil I know we can't be the best of friends but we need to be civil so from here on out we need to be civil especially on this forum.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #285 on: July 26, 2004, 11:30:24 PM »

Phil I know we can't be the best of friends but we need to be civil so from here on out we need to be civil especially on this forum.

Yeah don't even think of lecturing me about that. You acted like a five year old your whole first day of posting. Yeah we can be civil and let's start now.

As for "treasuring" my Chairman, I don't know why you have such sudden admiration. Here's someone you showed NO respect for when you lied to him and the club. I think this might be just another act on your part. You will never be "up to par" with the Teenage Republican leader. Yes that is very true. However I find it odd that you say that since just last night here on this forum you tried to trash him in every way possible.
Demoteen04
Rookie

« Reply #286 on: July 26, 2004, 11:35:42 PM »

Well he taught me a lot tonight about politics being on the phone with him tonight was an extraordinary experience. To tell you the truth when I first started with your group I had a lot of political interest and with especially the republican party. As time went on I became affiliated to the democratic party which has been an awesome experience, but a lot of work. I do not want to betray my old SEPTAR friends so therefore we all need to be civil. We may have different views but when it comes to the end of the day eventually we will need eachothers help.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #287 on: July 26, 2004, 11:42:43 PM »

I do not want to betray my old SEPTAR friends so therefore we all need to be civil.

Ya know I am going to be civil but this annoys me beyond belief. You don't want to betray SEPTARS? You really aren't serious when you speak. I know you aren't. You don't want to betray SEPTARS but you spy on the club and laugh at us when you admit that you were never a Republican and just joined to find out how we operated. I really can't take a word you say with any seriousness. You lost my respect when betrayed us earlier this year. I no longer wish to discuss this because it just annoys me that you can put on such a show and belief nothing you say AND because this forum is for political discussion. No one wants to read this on the forum because it's personal conversation and at this point I don't wish to discuss this either.
Demoteen04
Rookie

« Reply #288 on: July 26, 2004, 11:46:15 PM »

PHILL BE CIVIL AND UNBLOCK ME FROM AIM AT DEMOTEEN04 IS MY SCREENAME AT AIM SO PLEASE UNBLOCK THAT SCREENAME. Thankz
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #289 on: July 27, 2004, 01:38:09 AM »

Wow, you guys are pretty intense.  I too was more pro-life, but then I realized a lot of things in society both of you have yet to.  I am not knocking either of your intelligence, I just see things a lot differently having been through college.  Mark, as I have said at the meeting, there are a LOT of factors that go into one having an abortion.  On a case by case basis, I can not judge what a person has to go through being pregnant or the ordeals of parenting.  I do not think a woman wants to go through an abortion, but they may have no other choice.  Despite the fact that I am personally against abortion, I can not judge another person's choices or situations for whatever reason.  It has been very hard for me lately with matters of my Catholic faith and how they prioritze certain issues, but this is where I stand.    

I support Allyson Schwartz 100% for this election even though I have a lot of quirks regarding the Section 8 progam.  I support her measures for universal health care, energy independence, small business development, and rolling back some of Bush's boneheaded polcies (i.e. tax cuts for the wealthy, etc.).  Mark, you should too!  I am not asking you to switch your postion on abortion, but Allyson Schwartz is a far better, more principled candidate.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #290 on: July 27, 2004, 03:36:48 PM »

Mark, you should too!  I am not asking you to switch your postion on abortion, but Allyson Schwartz is a far better, more principled candidate.

Handzus, Mark isn't serious. I know the kid. He's playing his usual games. He isn't considering Brown, in my opinion, because he spent his whole first day on the board trashing her campaign. He couldn't just change his mind so easily in about an hour.

And as for you "realizing" a lot of things in society that we have yet to, don't give anyone here a little "well when you get older you realize things" speech. It has nothing to do with maturity or age, it has to do with principle. I'm pro life and always will be.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #291 on: July 27, 2004, 06:30:30 PM »

Schwartz had a small speaking role at the convention today.  I did not see it however.
Demoteen04
Rookie

« Reply #292 on: July 27, 2004, 09:30:02 PM »

My stance on Abortion is a big factor in PA 13. I cannot make up my mind because Melissa and Allyson are both pro choice.  So as of right now I haven't made my decision who I am supporting. I still have some research I need to look into and then I will post my decision however by the end of this week. This will be my final decision on whom I am going to support.
Demoteen04
Rookie

« Reply #293 on: July 28, 2004, 08:22:09 PM »

My decision is set and it is a final one. I am supporting Allyson Schwartz after much prayer and thought. Even though she is Pro- Choice. Her educational views about the No Child Left Behind Law and the money the school districts need and not getting because in Washington DC it is not a priority. I also support her because she is about getting the Veterans benefits where they should be. Veterans should be able to go to a VA hospital if need be because they fought for our country proudly. President Bush cut Veterans benefits enormously this year. Therefore leaving Veterans, Va Hospitals, and homes left out to dry. That should not be especially now with the war in Iraq and we have men and women out there looking for their veterans benefits when they get older and they have been cut. Now is that right.  My grandfather is a veteran and I feel they should get the proper benefits for fighting for our country. So there you have it Allyson Schwartz for Congress!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #294 on: July 28, 2004, 08:24:35 PM »

My decision is set and it is a final one. I am supporting Allyson Schwartz after much prayer and thought. Even though she is Pro- Choice. Her educational views about the No Child Left Behind Law and the money the school districts need and not getting because in Washington DC it is not a priority. I also support her because she is about getting the Veterans benefits where they should be. Veterans should be able to go to a VA hospital if need be because they fought for our country proudly. President Bush cut Veterans benefits enormously this year. Therefore leaving Veterans, Va Hospitals, and homes left out to dry. That should not be especially now with the war in Iraq and we have men and women out there looking for their veterans benefits when they get older and they have been cut. Now is that right.  My grandfather is a veteran and I feel they should get the proper benefits for fighting for our country. So there you have it Allyson Schwartz for Congress!

Wow, Mark! You REALLY surprised me with that one. We know you supported her all along and you admitted you supported her when you first joined. THEN you caught yourself in contradictions when you said you supported neither candidate. You surprised no one with your "decision" tonight.
Demoteen04
Rookie

« Reply #295 on: July 28, 2004, 08:27:59 PM »

You are entitled to your opinion. I do not attack for supporting melissa. I am leaving this forum as well tonight because PA 13 really doesnt concern me considering I live in PA 8 and most of my club does, but being the chairman of the Philadelphia Teenage Democrats and this being such a close race known across the country, I had to support a candidate and I feel I supported the right candidate.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #296 on: July 28, 2004, 08:31:27 PM »

You are entitled to your opinion. I do not attack for supporting melissa. I am leaving this forum as well tonight because PA 13 really doesnt concern me considering I live in PA 8 and most of my club does, but being the chairman of the Philadelphia Teenage Democrats and this being such a close race known across the country, I had to support a candidate and I feel I supported the right candidate.

Well you voiced your opinions while here and while we got into our arguements...it was entertaining.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #297 on: July 28, 2004, 08:36:45 PM »

Don't leave the forum.  There are other good threads in here with a lot of good discussion.  I congratulate you on your decision.  Leave most of the thearguing on here to me and KeystonePhil for it si our district, but feel free to chime in!
timsadem

« Reply #298 on: July 30, 2004, 05:50:17 PM »

Melissa Brown is going to win this election with no ifs and or buts.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #299 on: July 30, 2004, 06:54:50 PM »
« Edited: July 30, 2004, 06:57:20 PM by Senate Candidate Handzus26 »

Melissa Brown is going to win this election with no ifs and or buts.

And you know this because?  Look, she supports Bush to a tee except on some social issues.  I want a representative, not a lackey!  Whyare you a Democrat if you're supporting Brown.  Just curious.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 68  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies