PA 13
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:19:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA 13
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 68
Author Topic: PA 13  (Read 327936 times)
timsadem

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: July 30, 2004, 07:02:24 PM »

I am a democrat and I support brown because I go to Catholic High School even though she is pro choice she against funding to planned parenthoods and against partial birth abortion so therefore I support her more then Allyson. Allyson is an abortion advocate.  
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #301 on: July 30, 2004, 07:19:53 PM »

I am against partial birth abortion as well (with exceptions), but I do not mind Allyson Schwartz's establishing abortion clinics.  Hey, some women need it.  I went to Catholic school as well, but I do not have a tunnel dug from my house to Cardinal Rigali's residence either.  Allyson Schwartz is the better candidate overall.  Melissa Brown supports tax cuts for the wealthy, strangling patients from suing their doctors when they screw up, and giving Bush a blank check for Iraq.  I'll admit I gave her a second look after Joe Torsella lost considering the fact she lit a fire under the PHA with regards to the mismangement of Section 8.  All things considered I am voting for Allyson Schwartz in the Fall and there is no turning back!    
timsadem

« Reply #302 on: July 30, 2004, 10:13:50 PM »

I was out there hard for Joe Torsella this past April. After he loss I as well went down and said to myself Melissa is the better candidate because of Her stance on section 8 housing. My chairman emphasizes that there hasnt been no new applicants since 2002. I know there hasnt been no new applicants since 2002, but there was a section 8 house on my block and the people that lived in there both past away but that is still a section 8 house so therefore other section 8 people can move in therefore I got African Americans who dont work that moved on my block. Section 8 was established for elders who cant work so it gives them  a break with prescription drugs.Mayor Street and his cronies are giving it to the wrong people and that is why Melissa Emphasizes REFORM section 8 housing not get rid of section 8 so the people that really need it get it.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #303 on: July 31, 2004, 01:45:41 AM »
« Edited: July 31, 2004, 01:47:14 AM by Senate Candidate Handzus26 »

I was out there hard for Joe Torsella this past April. After he loss I as well went down and said to myself Melissa is the better candidate because of Her stance on section 8 housing. My chairman emphasizes that there hasnt been no new applicants since 2002. I know there hasnt been no new applicants since 2002, but there was a section 8 house on my block and the people that lived in there both past away but that is still a section 8 house so therefore other section 8 people can move in therefore I got African Americans who dont work that moved on my block. Section 8 was established for elders who cant work so it gives them  a break with prescription drugs.Mayor Street and his cronies are giving it to the wrong people and that is why Melissa Emphasizes REFORM section 8 housing not get rid of section 8 so the people that really need it get it.

Let me clarify a few things here without being condescending..

1.  Joe Hoeffel and Jonathan Saidel have also hit on the issue of Section 8 pretty hard.  Theya re the ones who got the PHA mortatorium on Section 8 housing in Northeast Philadelphia.  Both of whom are endorsing Allyson Schwartz this election.  I really do no think Allyson Schwartz is going to buy into Street cronyism.  She would be foolish if she does and I very much doubt it.  

2.  Yes there are African Americans on Section 8, but there are also lazy redneck whites on it as well.  I feel our media does not like to show it, but at the K&A welfare office, there are many whites collecting welfare and receiving Section 8 benefits as well.  I feel Melissa Brown brought up a very good issue, but I feel she overemphasized race.    Please keep race out of discussions for future reference.

3. As I have said before, Allyson Schwartz fits me MUCH better than Melissa Brown though I share many of your concerns.  I too was a Joe Torsella supporter, but Melissa Brown is seemingly going to be a rubber stamp to Bush's polcies.  This does not sit too well with me.

I just want to ask you.. why are you a Democrat?  I respect your opposition to abortion and the mismanagement of Section 8, which I feel strongly about as well, but there are greater issues here that should not be trumped for this election.  If Melissa Brown were running for say City Council, my consideration would increase drastically for she would provide a hefty counterbalance to the far-left City Hall.  However, you must realize this is CONGRESS!!  The GOP has the White House and both the House and Senate.  Why is Section 8 not reformed?  Joe Hoeffel has fought for it and I'm sure others have in other cities.          
timsadem

« Reply #304 on: July 31, 2004, 10:38:45 AM »

When it comes to malpractice suits and prescription drugs Melissa is the best candidate because she was a doctor and she knows how to face these issues. Allyson Schwartz will not since in senate she voted no on SB 9. Melissa knows we have a struggling school district and wants to better it. I believe in Melissa although you do not thats fine,  but melissa is the better candidate in this race.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #305 on: July 31, 2004, 07:09:52 PM »

When it comes to malpractice suits and prescription drugs Melissa is the best candidate because she was a doctor and she knows how to face these issues. Allyson Schwartz will not since in senate she voted no on SB 9. Melissa knows we have a struggling school district and wants to better it. I believe in Melissa although you do not thats fine,  but melissa is the better candidate in this race.

Melissa Brown with regards to Section 8 was sleazy.  She practically painted Joe Hoeffel as inventing it with Al Sharpton's endorsement.  She is ridiculous, a snake, and makes false accusations.  She does not deserve to be my Congresswoman!

With regards to malpractice suits, she wants to limit suits SEVERELY.  She is not attacking the REAL source of the problem- THE INUSRANCE COMPANIES.  They are to blame for increasing premiums because of poor investments in the stock market, NOT PATIENT LAWSUITS.  Sens. Tommy Tomlinson and Stew Greenleaf, also Republicans, voted with Schwartz on SB 9.  

In my judgment, Melissa Brown is the wrong choice.  She has too often made baseless and false accusations.   Section 8 is a problem KILLING the Northeast and I agree strongly on that issue having come from lower Northeast Philadelphia myself.  I dreaded seeing neighborhoods my fahter grew up in, others in between such as Juniata, and eventually mine and more decay because of the gross mismanagement of Section 8.  Joe Hoeffel and Jon Saidel ahve worked very hard to stop the expansion of Section 8 until the problems are fixed.  This is not to say problems can't be fixed at the federal level.  The PHA can better manage what anyone can do in COngress.        

If you can counter any of my arguments with fact and analysis, I'd like to hear it.  
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #306 on: July 31, 2004, 09:36:20 PM »

I am a democrat and I support brown because I go to Catholic High School even though she is pro choice she against funding to planned parenthoods and against partial birth abortion so therefore I support her more then Allyson. Allyson is an abortion advocate.  

A DEMOCRAT WITH BRAINS!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #307 on: July 31, 2004, 09:37:28 PM »

I'm really glad to see a Democrat here supporting Brown. She definetley is the best candidate in the race and even the Dems know it.
timsadem

« Reply #308 on: August 01, 2004, 09:36:22 AM »

You know what will make Melissa win is all the dems who will vote for her in november.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #309 on: August 01, 2004, 01:24:46 PM »

You know what will make Melissa win is all the dems who will vote for her in november.

You have yet to counter any of my arguments.  I would still like to hear them.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #310 on: August 01, 2004, 01:59:38 PM »

Voting for a HOUSE candidate based on their position on abortion is stupid. It will make ZERO difference on abortion the issue between two pro-choice HOUSE candidates. The only difference it will make is what the candidate will do for the district. The Supreme Court, and Senate will decide about abortion.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #311 on: August 01, 2004, 03:16:23 PM »

Voting for a HOUSE candidate based on their position on abortion is stupid. It will make ZERO difference on abortion the issue between two pro-choice HOUSE candidates. The only difference it will make is what the candidate will do for the district. The Supreme Court, and Senate will decide about abortion.

What do you think I've been trying to tell these guys all along.  The same goes for Section 8 housing in this case.  
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #312 on: August 01, 2004, 05:50:09 PM »

You have yet to counter any of my arguments.  I would still like to hear them.

He's right, Handzus. The Northeast Philly Dems aren't big fans of Schwartz and they know Brown a lot better. Face it, she's a popular candidate. She came within 4 points of beating an incumbent that many thought would be safe in 2002.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #313 on: August 01, 2004, 09:27:02 PM »

Cook and Sabato still have it lean Democratic.  Hoeffel STILL won in NE Philly in 2002 and he wasn't the incumbent here since Borski got booted.  Melissa Brown is not Arlen Specter.  I do not understand why any prominent NE Dems are supporting Brown.  Mike McGeehan isn't.  Joe Torsella (born and raised here) isn't.  Ellen Bard in Montco isn't.  She is a fraud and will lose.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #314 on: August 01, 2004, 09:33:24 PM »

Cook and Sabato can put it in the solid Dem column for all I care. They don't know the district like the locals do. They obviously don't see the fact that Brown is a popular and well known candidate who is taking on the issues that matter most to the voters here. PA 13 - GOP pickup.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #315 on: August 01, 2004, 09:35:32 PM »

I NEVER thought Allyson Schwartz would win the Dem nomination either, but hey what do you or I know?  Everyone knows Melissa Brown is using fear tactics to win an election.  She has never held political office and is full of sh!t.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #316 on: August 01, 2004, 09:37:41 PM »

NEWSFLASH - Your beloved Torsella never held political office either!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #317 on: August 01, 2004, 09:43:16 PM »

NEWSFLASH - Your beloved Torsella never held political office either!

Actually let me correct that. Joe Torsella DID hold "political" office as Deputy Mayor under the Rendell administration. However, I thought you were referring to ELECTED office which Torsella never held.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #318 on: August 01, 2004, 09:46:59 PM »

BUT Allyson Schwartz has and she will prevail in November when Bush tanks.  Melissa Brown has tied herself to him and will sink with him as far as I'm concerned.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #319 on: August 01, 2004, 09:52:26 PM »

I think you left out alittle something Handzus...she is a State Senator, yes, BUT only a small portion of her Senate district is inside PA 13. She is an elected official BUT moved into the district when the PA 13 seat opened up. She is an elected official BUT she is completley unknown. Even if Bush does horrible here, the voters of PA 13 know how to split the ticket. Example: 2002. Rendell cruised to victory here but Brown gained 47% in the Congressional race against an incumbent. This year, Brown has the edge.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #320 on: August 01, 2004, 09:56:21 PM »

You also have to realize Bush would have handily won here as well in 2002.  You are forgetting people do not like Bush's economy or war which Brown is fully on board with when it comes to Bush.  That got me from Torsella to tossup to Schwartz.
timsadem

« Reply #321 on: August 02, 2004, 04:46:49 PM »

Handzus your a disgrace. Rendell was one of the worst mayors in Philadelphia history. Allyson Schwartz held a residence in Mount Airy most of her life until PA 13 opened up she got a condo in Jenkintown. Please get Rendels picture and Melissa's off of your messages. I am a melissa supporter and most of the members are except for the chairman of the club I  belong to. The members in our club that are 18 and just got registered to vote are also voting melissa you got it all wrong melissa will do much more for the Democrats and the republicans in the district. I am so sick of Section 8 I am glad melissa is trying to reform it. I am also glad we have a doctor and an educator running in this district.
Demoteen04
Rookie

« Reply #322 on: August 02, 2004, 08:19:23 PM »

Tim your making a band name for the PTADS in this forum.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #323 on: August 03, 2004, 01:13:50 AM »

Handzus your a disgrace. Rendell was one of the worst mayors in Philadelphia history. Allyson Schwartz held a residence in Mount Airy most of her life until PA 13 opened up she got a condo in Jenkintown. Please get Rendels picture and Melissa's off of your messages. I am a melissa supporter and most of the members are except for the chairman of the club I  belong to. The members in our club that are 18 and just got registered to vote are also voting melissa you got it all wrong melissa will do much more for the Democrats and the republicans in the district. I am so sick of Section 8 I am glad melissa is trying to reform it. I am also glad we have a doctor and an educator running in this district.

Awww, I'm sorry!  News flash- I've been in the working world a little longer than you have and know much more about macroeconomics than you.  Your're centrist views here are welcome, but how dare you call me a disgrace.  You and Keystone Phil seem to have little clue as to how Section 8 actually works.  If what you are saying is true, you have a lot to learn.  Unlike you I want a representative, not a Bush lackey full of hot air then turns around and denies it.  I know BS when I see it and IMO, Melissa Brown is BS!  Btw, the pictures stay!

Demoteen, please tell this character not to be so cocky at our meetings if he were to show up.  I applaud you for having such independent and complex thought at such a young age.  
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #324 on: August 03, 2004, 11:17:26 AM »

Schwartz is (IMO) the favourite to win PA-13... it's worth remembering that Montgomery county-based Hoeffel still beat Brown in the NE Philly part of PA-13 (despite the merger of two districts the results were very similer in both halves of the district) and that that part of PA-13 was a de facto open seat.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 68  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies