Kean's Allegations Unraveling.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:18:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Kean's Allegations Unraveling.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Kean's Allegations Unraveling.  (Read 2654 times)
Conan
conan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 21, 2006, 03:55:51 PM »

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/jersey/index.ssf?/base/news-4/115881889653520.xml&coll=1

Ex-House lawyer sees no violation in Menendez rent deal
Thursday, September 21, 2006
BY JEFF WHELAN
Star-Ledger Staff
"  A former House ethics commit tee attorney, whom U.S. Sen. Robert Menendez said he consulted be fore entering into a rental deal that has come under fire, said yesterday there are no rules prohibiting congressmen from renting out personal property to tenants they help receive federal funds.

Ellen Weintraub, who served on the U.S. House of Representatives Ethics Committee from 1990 to 1996 and wrote the ethics manual at the time, said the rules regard ing when a member of Congress needs to recuse himself or herself from a matter because of a personal financial interest are "very, very narrow and often left to the member's discretion.

Weintraub said yesterday she did not recall a conversation with Menendez on the topic, but would not dispute it.

"During that time I had thou sands of conversations with hundreds of members of Congress. I have no reason to think I didn't have that conversation (with Me nendez). It certainly wouldn't be unusual," she said.

She said it was unlikely Menen dez violated house ethics rules.

"There is nothing about that that sounds like a violation of a rule as best as I can recall the rules," she said. "This doesn't strike me as a problematic transaction. But I don't have the details of the transaction in front of me." "
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 03:56:36 PM »

Good news. Good news.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 04:38:06 PM »

Either way, Cristie got a whole stack of crap to go after, and something tells me this is still not good news for Menendez.  Average person hears about corruption they don't go in depth in the scandal, there is no way this doesn't hurt Menendez.
Deano963

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 05:21:06 PM »

Either way, Cristie got a whole stack of crap to go after, and something tells me this is still not good news for Menendez.  Average person hears about corruption they don't go in depth in the scandal, there is no way this doesn't hurt Menendez.

Translation: "Kean is a lying sack of sh**t who knows that Menendez did nothing wrong, but he also understands that perception = reality so he will continue to throw the false corruption allegations at Menendez so people will get a false impression of him."
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 05:23:56 PM »

Translation: "Kean is a lying sack of sh**t who knows that Menendez did nothing wrong, but he also understands that perception = reality so he will continue to throw the false corruption allegations at Menendez so people will get a false impression of him."

Translation:
People should ignore you because you still think Menendez is an innocent little child
Deano963

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 05:29:52 PM »

Translation:
People should ignore you because you still think Menendez is an innocent little child

There you go with all of that fantastic evidence proving Menende is corrupt again Hack. Oh, wait....you're nothing but an ignorant high school kid who never backs up anything he says and you have never proven one thing about Menendez.....
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 05:32:24 PM »

Translation:

There you go with all of that fantastic evidence proving Menende is corrupt again Hack. Oh, wait....you're nothing but an ignorant high school kid who never backs up anything he says and you have never proven one thing about Menendez.....

There you go again, an idiot who says nothing but attacks the fact that I'm fifteen, hell I could've said I'm forty, Deano you act like a little kid who cries when they don't get there way.

You would be hard-pressed to find a majority of people who think I'm a partisan hack as you suggest, obviously you have about 3 posts so you don't really know much about the forum, and obviously almost as little about the NJ senate race as Conan
Deano963

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 05:50:36 PM »

Translation:

There you go again, an idiot who says nothing but attacks the fact that I'm fifteen, hell I could've said I'm forty, Deano you act like a little kid who cries when they don't get there way.

You would be hard-pressed to find a majority of people who think I'm a partisan hack as you suggest, obviously you have about 3 posts so you don't really know much about the forum, and obviously almost as little about the NJ senate race as Conan

LOL - yeh I bet not may think you are a hack. LOL

Oh hey DWTL - you never responded to my challenge to you yesterday to show me some hard evidence showing that Menendez is corrupt. If he is truly the "most corrupt person on Earth" I believe is how you brilliantly put and if you are truly as smart as you say you are, this should be no problem.

Why won't you enlighten me as to how bad a guy Menendez is?

It's not b/c you're full of it, is it?

Please repsond with some sort of substance this time.

PS - I know this may be hard for your puny brain to comprehend, but the # of posts you have on this particular blog does not reflect your knowledge of political races (or anything else in life for that matter) moron, so ytry to come up with a better argument. I can tell you are 15 by your childish and immature arguments like "I have more posts so I know more so there! Ha! Now I'm gonna go tell my mommy on you!" Get a clue dude.....
mgrossbe
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.43

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 05:52:57 PM »

I am sure he could find a few.  Also i know one vote that won't be cast for kean.  Though i think it is good that such a young person is interested in politics it is just sad that you got of to a foot of partisian bickering.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 05:54:36 PM »

Translation:

Oh hey DWTL - you never responded to my challenge to you yesterday to show me some hard evidence showing that Menendez is corrupt. If he is truly the "most corrupt person on Earth" I believe is how you brilliantly put and if you are truly as smart as you say you are, this should be no problem.

PS - I know this may be hard for your puny brain to comprehend, but the # of posts you have on this particular blog does not reflect your knowledge of political races (or anything else in life for that matter) moron, so ytry to come up with a better argument. I can tell you are 15 by your childish and immature arguments like "I have more posts so I know more so there! Ha! Now I'm gonna go tell my mommy on you!" Get a clue dude.....

When you can't argue, resort to senseless namecalling
There's your motto

Obviously you missed the buliding scandal, which you will say is Republican desperation effort

And the taking money for congressional votes from big companies,

I didn't respond because you will just respond w/worthless drivel about how I'm too young and Kean is an idiot, and Menendez did nothing wrong, it is much more intelligent and respectable to admit he is a corrupt politician
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2006, 05:55:09 PM »

I am sure he could find a few.  Also i know one vote that won't be cast for kean.  Though i think it is good that such a young person is interested in politics it is just sad that you got of to a foot of partisian bickering.

Welcome to the forum!

You've always been respectable in predictions and hope you will continue that here
mgrossbe
Rookie

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2006, 06:00:04 PM »

Thank you Down. But with no disrespect intended time and wisdom are very much linked.  Also, my second point stands your young don't lower yourself to partisian bickering its not what this country was founded on.  I have notice watching c-span in the morning before i go to work that the older you are the more hostile you are to the opposing party.  I think it is upon us to be more civil.  There are many issues that we will disagree on but when boiled down there can be comprise achieved.  Hell if my father-in law and i can agree on things anyone can.  Only you can hold yourself to a higher standard there will always be a vericeral reaction to comments but remove yourself for a minute before answering things.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2006, 06:02:29 PM »

Thank you Down. But with no disrespect intended time and wisdom are very much linked.  Also, my second point stands your young don't lower yourself to partisian bickering its not what this country was founded on.  I have notice watching c-span in the morning before i go to work that the older you are the more hostile you are to the opposing party.  I think it is upon us to be more civil.  There are many issues that we will disagree on but when boiled down there can be comprise achieved.  Hell if my father-in law and i can agree on things anyone can.  Only you can hold yourself to a higher standard there will always be a vericeral reaction to comments but remove yourself for a minute before answering things.

I agree, except me being 15 making a difference, your right poster like Deano should have fuel added to the fire, just ignored

I hope you contribute as much here as you in predictions
mgrossbe
Rookie

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2006, 06:06:32 PM »

First, off there is a lot of things i have learned in the 13 years since i was fifteen it just the way it is.  I know you hate hearing that i hated it when i was your age.  But, as time goes by you will understand just like all of us the wisdom in that statement.  But what do you think is on Christie desk.  I personally think kean is in good shape right now.  If you have noticed i changed my map to reflect that awhile back.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2006, 06:07:22 PM »

I have a feeling Kean's going to pull it out in the end his victory will be the only bright spot on a november night that is going to be very dark and dim for the GOP.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2006, 06:09:31 PM »

First, off there is a lot of things i have learned in the 13 years since i was fifteen it just the way it is.  I know you hate hearing that i hated it when i was your age.  But, as time goes by you will understand just like all of us the wisdom in that statement.  But what do you think is on Christie desk.  I personally think kean is in good shape right now.  If you have noticed i changed my map to reflect that awhile back.

It is really impossible to tell, because Chris Cristie is a great prosecutor and wouldn't tell what is coming next, he would never tip someone off.  He is a bipartisan prosectuor, well-respected, and Corzine picked his AG from his office.  Christie is going to kill Menendez, it's just a matter of time before something unable to recover from comes back.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2006, 06:15:13 PM »

You did not answer my question though what is on her desk as you refered to it.

Oh, sorry
If I had to venture a guess, I'd say Menendez has taken some illegal donations from some shady characters, but in all honesty I have no idea what exactly is on his desk.  But I would highly doubt Cristie isn't trying to find anything he can on Menendez.

Here's the biggest reason:
Crisite wants to challenge Lautenberg in 08'.  If Kean wins, he's in the senate, the NJ GOP looks good and he's poised to pull the upset.

If Kean loses, he probably pulls a John Thune and tries to run again hampering Cristie's prospects

Chris Cristie has a lot riding on this senate race
mgrossbe
Rookie

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2006, 06:16:57 PM »

Better hope i guess though i think kean is the front runner right now there is many ways i can see Men. winning.  I think you need on more thing to put it in the win column wether its winning the debates or a misstep.  Also, are your parents fervent reps like you, are the touting the Kean line a much a you do.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2006, 06:20:27 PM »

Better hope i guess though i think kean is the front runner right now there is many ways i can see Men. winning.  I think you need on more thing to put it in the win column wether its winning the debates or a misstep.  Also, are your parents fervent reps like you, are the touting the Kean line a much a you do.

Not that much, my parents tell me I need to be less involved in politics, I'm out handing out fliers at least once a week. Sure they are both Kean supporters, but not like me.  They'll vote for him but have no interest in getting involved with the campaign.

Something else I notice about American youth, I use this forum mostly because all my friends think I'm crazy to know anything about politics.  (Most can't name our two senators) Last year in Honors 9th grade history I held up a picture of Jon Corzine, and no one knew who he was.  That is sad.  Doesn't bode well for the future.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2006, 06:28:16 PM »

Not that much, my parents tell me I need to be less involved in politics, I'm out handing out fliers at least once a week. Sure they are both Kean supporters, but not like me.  They'll vote for him but have no interest in getting involved with the campaign.

Something else I notice about American youth, I use this forum mostly because all my friends think I'm crazy to know anything about politics.  (Most can't name our two senators) Last year in Honors 9th grade history I held up a picture of Jon Corzine, and no one knew who he was.  That is sad.  Doesn't bode well for the future.

Hey I found something I can agree with you on DWTL.
Deano963

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2006, 06:29:44 PM »

Translation:

When you can't argue, resort to senseless namecalling
There's your motto

Obviously you missed the buliding scandal, which you will say is Republican desperation effort

And the taking money for congressional votes from big companies,

I didn't respond because you will just respond w/worthless drivel about how I'm too young and Kean is an idiot, and Menendez did nothing wrong, it is much more intelligent and respectable to admit he is a corrupt politician

A link to some solid facts/info on those rather broad accusations ("And the taking money for congressional votes from big companies" - LOL) , would be nice DWTL. B/c you say something dosen't mean it is true. Especially if YOU'RE the one saying it, given your long history of wild accusations and claims backed up by no facts.
mgrossbe
Rookie

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2006, 06:29:54 PM »

wait for college that is where most people get involved.  I was very unaware of politics until i had the ability to vote.  Though it still is sad.  Also, when do you have civics in NJ that also helps energize kids.  Though i think nixon would say that his adm backfired he thought it would get more voters but voting has declined since 18 year olds can vote.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2006, 06:30:14 PM »

Hey I found something I can agree with you on DWTL.

There was something else, I just don't remember Smiley

There no reason people can't disagree as long as they don't go overboard and use childish name calling (Deano, cough, cough)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2006, 06:31:22 PM »

wait for college that is where most people get involved.  I was very unaware of politics until i had the ability to vote.  Though it still is sad.  Also, when do you have civics in NJ that also helps energize kids.  Though i think nixon would say that his adm backfired he thought it would get more voters but voting has declined since 18 year olds can vote.

Civics?  Took it in 7th grade, I was the only one interested really or knew what I was talking about

Other than that, my high school allows you to take Cit Law, but only as an elective in 11th or 12th grade, and most kids won't take it
mgrossbe
Rookie

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2006, 06:37:47 PM »

That is truly sad. In ind. we have only two required classes our senior year, english full year and a sem. of goverment which is theoritical and civics which is more of a look into the way its implemented. I noticed that once my brother got done with those classes he became interested in politics.  Also, when you have kids and a family that also gets you interested in politics though i don't suggest that route yet ofr you guys wait as long as you can. (I can say that right now my fiancee is visiting her sis otherwise hell to pay, you'll no what i mean one day.)
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies