I almost praised Pelosi on the radio
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:34:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I almost praised Pelosi on the radio
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I almost praised Pelosi on the radio  (Read 1185 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 22, 2006, 10:30:46 PM »

I called my local Christian talk show host to say i was grateful to her about scolding Chavez, but the show ended before I got on.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 06:17:17 AM »

Let's not get crazy here.  Chavez didn't say anything much worse than what people like Pelosi say regularly.

Pelosi wants to be Speaker of the House.  She knows that won't happen if people correctly perceive her party to be closer to the position of thugs like Chavez than to our president.  So she defended Bush, even though it probably killed her to do so.

I don't think that's worthy of too much praise, though I'm glad to see that she felt it necessary to do so.  That alone is a good thing.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 07:51:38 AM »

Let's not get crazy here.  Chavez didn't say anything much worse than what people like Pelosi say regularly.

Much worse?  Hell, it was praised compared to Pelosi
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 11:11:07 AM »

Pelosi wants to be Speaker of the House.  She knows that won't happen if people correctly perceive her party to be closer to the position of thugs like Chavez than to our president.  So she defended Bush, even though it probably killed her to do so.

I don't think that's worthy of too much praise, though I'm glad to see that she felt it necessary to do so.  That alone is a good thing.

I think that's a bit unfair. There is nothing wrong with Democrats berating Bush on matters of policy and, for that matter, Bush doing likewise with Democrats. Indeed, there's a world of difference between that and the mad rants of some no-mark from Venezuela

Dave
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 01:35:31 PM »

I called my local Christian talk show host to say i was grateful to her about scolding Chavez, but the show ended before I got on.

Good for you! It's good to see a Republican who recognizes that Democrats are also outraged by Chavez's incendiary remarks.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 02:42:40 AM »

^^^^
Complete double-standard on the part of Pelosi.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2006, 03:44:18 AM »

^^^^
Complete double-standard on the part of Pelosi.

What's driving it is politics, and a bit of the "family" factor.

By "family" factor, I mean that even families that don't get along, and say bad things about each other, don't appreciate it when outsiders attack members of the family.

So I think Pelosi's and Rangel's statements can be attributed to both of those factors.
Bdub
Brandon W
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2006, 08:53:44 PM »

Just a side note.  I was at the Capitol this week and had Nancy Pelosi walk right by me.  She even said hello.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2006, 08:56:14 PM »

Just a side note.  I was at the Capitol this week and had Nancy Pelosi walk right by me.  She even said hello.

She was in Connecticut in the past couple of days campaigning for Diane Farrell against Chris Shays.  I'm really put out by the people Diane Farrell has brought in -- people like Pelosi, Danny Glover, etc.  Just like Lamont, who brought those Jackson and Sharpton people.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies