SUSA's new 50 State Senate Approval Ratings
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:07:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  SUSA's new 50 State Senate Approval Ratings
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: SUSA's new 50 State Senate Approval Ratings  (Read 3865 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2006, 09:31:38 PM »

Its also very possible that Kyl, Chafee, Lieberman, and Allen lose.

I thought all the Dem hacks realized that this race is done?

This from the guy predicting a Santorum victory.

Sorry but Santorum is more likely to win than...wait...what's the joke you're running again? Pederson?
Deano963

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2006, 09:36:22 PM »

Sen. Vitter was the genius who said (when the Senate was yet again voting on gay marriage this summer) that gay marriage "is the most important, pressing issue facing this country today".

What a complete utter arse he must be Roll Eyes. It's pathetic he's riding so high, even in LA, if that's what he thinks is the most pressing issue [shakes head]

Dave

P.S. Not bad for my 7000 post Grin

Dave do you think gay mariage is more important than the Iraq War or clean-up and rebuilding efforts from Hurrican Katrina?

No, and given the tone of my post, I'm rather surprised you are even asking me that question

Dave

I thought I detected a trace of sarcasm in your post. People usually don't use the "rolling eyes" smiley face when they agree with someone. My bad.
poughies
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2006, 10:03:23 PM »

Two things:

Lieberman is not a "likud" hack. I mean Lamont is pro-israel.... i don't know how much of a difference i really see in the candidates there. There are other huge differences.

Kyl has a better chance of losing than Santorum has of winning.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2006, 10:14:20 PM »

Kyl has a better chance of losing than Santorum has of winning.

Ok, hack.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2006, 10:37:57 PM »

Can somebody explain how the two Democratic senators are so popular in such a Republican region?

Agricultural issues

Please elaborate. I've long wondered about this and appreciate any explaination. I just don't understand how a state can elect George Bush, Kent Conrad, and Byron Dorgan, all by huge margins. Thanks for any info.

I used to live there. Most people aren't very political or ideological hacks, so for such elections they'll vote for whoever they think will do the best for the state, and the Democratic delegation does a lot through ag pork and all that. And of course just about every opponent they've faced recently were very mean-spirited far right hacks that came across as way too nasty.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2006, 10:38:50 PM »

Lieberman is not a "likud" hack. I mean Lamont is pro-israel.... i don't know how much of a difference i really see in the candidates there. There are other huge differences.

Pro-Israel does not necesarily equal pro-Likud. Lieberman would fit in just fine with the Likud party.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2006, 11:13:01 PM »

lol your hypocrisy is hilarious.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2006, 12:56:43 AM »

Tom Coburn won so handily because he was replacing the very popular Don Nickles.

Hah!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2006, 09:11:00 AM »

Something you often forget is also how small states like North Dakota are. This means that a) after a while a popular senator probably knows personally like a majority of the voters and b) there simply aren't enough good candidates to make most races competitive.

Chaffee's numbers actually aren't too bad. He has high approvals among moderates and liberals and also among indepents.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2006, 09:25:56 AM »

Ken Salazar has experienced a dramatic decline from 56%-36% last month to now 50%-42%.

Either Brad Carson or Dan Boren should run against Inhofe in 2008.  Carson did well enough for a Democrat and in 2004 Boren carried every county in his District alongside George W. Bush.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2006, 10:29:47 AM »

Either Brad Carson or Dan Boren should run against Inhofe in 2008.  Carson did well enough for a Democrat and in 2004 Boren carried every county in his District alongside George W. Bush.

He did well in what ways? He got 41% of the vote in a race he was supposed to win or come very, very close to winning?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2006, 01:00:47 PM »

He did well in what ways? He got 41% of the vote in a race he was supposed to win or come very, very close to winning?

One of those damn greens picked of six percent.  Carson still would have lost with every one of those votes, but I get really pissed off by these stupid spoiler candidates. I would feel the same way about the Libertarians if I were a Republican. Thune only lost to Johnson in 2002 because of them.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2006, 01:04:06 PM »

Sheila Bileu drained off a few votes from him and Carson was close for much of the race.  At any rate he outperformed John Kerry statewide by 7%.  I predict that if the race were this year, he would win against Coburn. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2006, 01:23:46 PM »

Being a resident of Oklahoma, Carson was a very good candidate, but he had so many things working against him.  Coburn ran a much more effective, albeit nasty, campaign and Don Nickles was extremely popular in Oklahoma at the time of his departure that the voters wanted to keep the "Nickles legacy" alive.  I think the only reason Dan Boren, as much as I like him, is doing so well is he's running off of his father's name, David Boren who was a former Senator and former Governor and the current President of OU.  If he ever gets his own identity, I think he would be an excellent Senator, though.  Jim Inhofe is dropping quite a bit in the polls because he tends to spout off too much.  He appears to be an extremist at times and despite popular opinion, Oklahoman's will get tired of extremists on both ends after a while. 

I'd personally like to see the new Democrat Nancy Riley run again.  If you remember, she ran as a Republican for Lt Governor in 2006, then switched to the Democrats after accusing the GOP of abandoning her.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2006, 02:59:53 PM »

Interesting that Stabenow actually has higher approval ratings than Levin.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2006, 02:19:17 AM »

Interesting how Kyl and Akaka have low approval ratings and yet they are cruising to reelection.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2006, 04:06:44 PM »

Sheila Bileu drained off a few votes from him and Carson was close for much of the race.  At any rate he outperformed John Kerry statewide by 7%.  I predict that if the race were this year, he would win against Coburn. 

I know about Bileu and it was a close race for most of the time but up until the very end people considered it one of the closest.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies