PA 7
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:15:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA 7
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA 7  (Read 1081 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 29, 2006, 11:36:15 AM »

Sestak (D) leads Weldon (R) by one point.  Keystone Poll. MOE 4.7%.  I got this off of KWY.

I mentioned in July or August ago that I was hearing some rumblings out of PA 7.  There could be an eastern PA hat trick.

I think we better star that district as one to watch.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 12:00:16 PM »

Of the four PA CDs that we know we're talking about here (6, 7, 8, 10), I was unsure where to place 7 for quite a while.

I'm still unsure where to place it, even after this poll.  The only thing I know for sure is that 8 is last on the list, that's for sure.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 12:04:39 PM »

I wouldn't go strickly by a poll showing a candidate only ahead by 1 and being crushed in other polls, I would wait for other polls to confirm this.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 12:05:33 PM »

This is from a uni poll with a horrible track record, I wouldn't read into it.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 12:08:20 PM »

Unfortunately, we don't get many polls for Congressional CDs as a whole, so you have to take what you can get in terms of polling.  The only way I would change my mind was if there was an internal poll released that showed the D(R) candidate doing worse than his own performance in the Indy poll.

I doubt this (or the PA-06) poll changes my call of the race (Toss-Up), but it probably moves each up and down a couple of spots, respectively.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 12:31:02 PM »

I've been called a hack but ultimately from what I've seen of polling I'd rate PA-6 as Lean Republican. 

For a long time we've heard that Sestak is a good candidate but Weldon is a strong incumbent.  Weldon has been ahead in fundraising and polling for much of the campaign and is still favoured I believe.  He has wide appeal in the District and has shown an ability to survive tough re-elections before; didn't he actually win in a very pro-Democratic year, either '82 or '86 comes to mind?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 02:17:48 PM »

I've been hearing from people in the district about the race for 2 months.  I've been reading press reports and watching Sestak's ads on TV.  On paper, Weldon should cruise to a ten point victory.  I'm not seeing it, and this one could be the next PA 4.

I am not a Democrat hack by a long shot.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2006, 02:20:17 PM »

It is a long shot but redistricting has helped the republicans maintain a slight advantage in this race. I think Weldon should win this race. The best pickup is PA 6.
Whacker77

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2006, 02:39:35 PM »

I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but this poll also gave Casey a 49-32 lead over Santorum.  I'm guessing that number was just in the seventh district.  As for this race, I had been of the opinion that it had dropped off the table.  Bob Novak still lists it as "Leaning Republican", so maybe he was on to something.  Still, it's just one poll.  It could be much like the Fox poll two weeks ago that showed just a 3 point spread in the generic number.  When the next poll came out this past week, the number was in line with what others had shown.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2006, 10:44:47 PM »

Unfortunately, we don't get many polls for Congressional CDs as a whole, so you have to take what you can get in terms of polling. 

Exactly. It is especially funny because Keystone was the same polling group that did PA 13 and I remember a certain moron from Minnesota harping over how much Schwartz was leading in those polls.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 08:20:34 AM »

First Lady in town tomorrow for Weldon and Clinton arrives on Thursday for Sestak - http://www.timesleader.com/mld/timesleader/news/local/15662691.htm
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2006, 11:09:53 AM »

Unfortunately, we don't get many polls for Congressional CDs as a whole, so you have to take what you can get in terms of polling. 

Exactly. It is especially funny because Keystone was the same polling group that did PA 13 and I remember a certain moron from Minnesota harping over how much Schwartz was leading in those polls.

Didn't that Keystone Poll more or less match the final result in PA-13?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2006, 09:53:23 PM »

Didn't that Keystone Poll more or less match the final result in PA-13?

I believe so. I think they had Schwartz up 12.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies