VA: Mason-Dixon TIE(Whoops! Fake poll! Umm, maybe not.) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:23:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  VA: Mason-Dixon TIE(Whoops! Fake poll! Umm, maybe not.) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA: Mason-Dixon TIE(Whoops! Fake poll! Umm, maybe not.)  (Read 30615 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: September 29, 2006, 06:00:36 PM »

Well I can't help but feel smug and I will be slapped down for this but I told you so!  All the people on the SUSA VA Senate threads called me basically wrong when I questioned how Allen could be winning 27% of African Americans and 75% of Hispanic Americans.  I always felt this was close and now, everyone's favourite pollster is behind Adlai! 

If I have one niggling doubt, isn't 43%-43% a bit low?  Allen must have sunk pretty badly. 

I am concluding that you didn't read my post.  I never said you were wrong in your estimation.  I merely said that you don't know anything about how polls are conducted or about statistics in general.  That's all.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 06:01:01 PM »

Stickied as an example of why you should not post polls until you see them from a reputable source.

Thank you.  Perhaps people won't be as "trigger-happy" next time.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 10:32:15 PM »

Explain this:
Full poll details.

From that:What is your current official party voter registration? Are you registered to vote as a:

DEMOCRAT 31%

REPUBLICAN 34%

INDEPENDENT 35%

Problem? Look at this pdf.

Anyone see where to register by party? 

Yeah, that's a screw-up on Mason-Dixon's part...but I doubt it affected the results in any form.

Could be a sign that the poll was not written by MD themselves, but that they only conducted the poll.  Also, the sample selection is not typical MD.

Also the 5-day span of conducting the poll is totally not M-D.  Very strange indeed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies