Menendez won't lose
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:45:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Menendez won't lose
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Menendez won't lose  (Read 5666 times)
Whacker77

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 02, 2006, 05:11:27 PM »

I think Menendez will not lose this election.  The Democrat machine in New Jersey is just too powerful.  I know most polls favor Kean, but it won't matter.  The question is which race will be the Republican equivalent.  Could it be Ohio, probably not.  Could it be Montana, probably not.  Could it be Tennessee, probably so.  Corker is the Republican reflection of Menendez.  Niether can seem to do anything right, but the party machine and history favor them.  That's my view with five weeks to go.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 05:14:29 PM »

I think Menendez will not lose this election.  The Democrat machine in New Jersey is just too powerful.  I know most polls favor Kean, but it won't matter.  The question is which race will be the Republican equivalent.  Could it be Ohio, probably not.  Could it be Montana, probably not.  Could it be Tennessee, probably so.  Corker is the Republican reflection of Menendez.  Niether can seem to do anything right, but the party machine and history favor them.  That's my view with five weeks to go.

Few differences though.

NJ is more Democratic than TN is Republican

Bush is unpopular in TN< very unpopular in NJ

Both menendez 7 ford havve the Cash on hand advantages

Kean JR while running a decent campaign is running nearly as strong as a campaign Ford is running
Conan
conan

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 05:36:34 PM »

The question is which race will be the Republican equivalent.  Could it be Ohio, probably not.  Could it be Montana, probably not.  Could it be Tennessee, probably so. 
Sounds like Rumsfeld...
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 05:41:17 PM »

I will take the time here today to let everyone I know that I am endorsing Kean Jr. In this race.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 05:55:39 PM »

The NJ race is a deadheat. Anybody who is certain of its conclusion is full of bs. As for the notion that NJ is too Democratic, lets not forget that Toricelli would have lost in 2002 if not for a shady last minute manouver by the Dems.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 05:59:15 PM »

The NJ race is a deadheat. Anybody who is certain of its conclusion is full of bs. As for the notion that NJ is too Democratic, lets not forget that Toricelli would have lost in 2002 if not for a shady last minute manouver by the Dems.

Granted, but keep in mind Menendez's problems aren't nearly as bad as Torreceeli's was, also that Bush & the GOP was in MUCH better position in the state then, than now.  Back then Bush's approval in the state was most likle in the 60;'s with a 2-1 approval to disapproval rate, now its in the low 30's with a 2-1 disapproval to approval rate
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 06:07:18 PM »

Just some objective thoughts about his commercials:

Why is Menendez making a commercial about corruption?

Why does one of his commericals say we need a change when he is the incumbent?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 07:00:49 PM »

I will take the time here today to let everyone I know that I am endorsing Kean Jr. In this race.

And I will take the time here today necessary to revoke your membership with the Democratic party.  You should be ashamed of yourself.
auburntiger
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.61, S: 0.65

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 07:07:59 PM »

I agree. TN and NJ are tossups, but I think NJ will flip before TN.
BTW, what part of memphis do you live in?
Conan
conan

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 08:41:01 PM »

1)Counter the Kean campaign on corruption.
2)Republicans control all three branches of government.
Deano963

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 08:56:56 PM »

The NJ race is a deadheat. Anybody who is certain of its conclusion is full of bs.

Bingo. MO as well. Anyone who says they are 100% confident of either race at this point is only inviting ridicule (and deservedly so) upon themselves after the election.

MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 09:04:40 PM »

I challenge you to name one incident of chicanerous behavoir by the New Jersey Democratic "machine."

BTW, I support Tom Kean for Senate.
Downwinder

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2006, 10:11:02 PM »

He's really not much of an incumbent though, is he??  He has only the briefest of records to run on.  Still, not very good advertising.  He doesn't seem like he should be given any accolades in either area.  See, DWTL??  You're starting to get to me.  Plus, it's hard to stomach a weak campaign, and continuous accusations against your candidate.  Like R's with Corker.
Downwinder

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2006, 10:13:19 PM »

And I will take the time here today necessary to revoke your membership with the Democratic party.  You should be ashamed of yourself.

Why??  New Jersey is a tough call, regardless of the balance of the senate.  A candidate who is allegedly corrupt, versus one who is allegedly dim.  A tough choice in either direction.  I don't know who I endorse yet.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2006, 10:46:29 PM »

The NJ race is a deadheat. Anybody who is certain of its conclusion is full of bs.

Bingo. MO as well. Anyone who says they are 100% confident of either race at this point is only inviting ridicule (and deservedly so) upon themselves after the election.

Actually it is much safer to predict a Menedez win in New Jersey than to make any prediction about the Missouri race. 
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2006, 11:34:57 PM »

Why exactly?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2006, 11:52:27 PM »

I agree. TN and NJ are tossups, but I think NJ will flip before TN.
BTW, what part of memphis do you live in?

East Memphis, near Walnut Grove and White Station. You?
auburntiger
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2006, 11:56:41 PM »

wow I'm like 2 seconds from you or used to I moved this summer. I used to live on Greenway off of Shady Grove. now i live in Germantown off Poplar. That's awesome I found another memphian on this forum. Where did you go to school?

memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2006, 12:21:44 AM »

wow I'm like 2 seconds from you or used to I moved this summer. I used to live on Greenway off of Shady Grove. now i live in Germantown off Poplar. That's awesome I found another memphian on this forum. Where did you go to school?

White Station. You?
auburntiger
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2006, 12:28:16 AM »
« Edited: October 03, 2006, 12:30:06 AM by auburntiger »

MUS. I graduated in 2005, and now I go to auburn. I remember Ford came to MUS during the 2004 election season to speak. I gave the devotion that day, and I sat next to him before he actually got up to speak. I had about a 1 minute conversation with the guy afterwards.

I have always been a Republican living in TN-9 (now TN-7), but I'm really considering voting for Harold. Corker is a huge disappointment. I voted for Bryant in the primary.

I bet you're really exicited as am I about the closeness of this race. TN is still a swing state on all levels
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2006, 01:20:55 AM »

MUS. I graduated in 2005, and now I go to auburn. I remember Ford came to MUS during the 2004 election season to speak. I gave the devotion that day, and I sat next to him before he actually got up to speak. I had about a 1 minute conversation with the guy afterwards.

I have always been a Republican living in TN-9 (now TN-7), but I'm really considering voting for Harold. Corker is a huge disappointment. I voted for Bryant in the primary.

I bet you're really exicited as am I about the closeness of this race.  TN is still a swing state on all levels

I'm very suprised by how close the race is, but the Republicans are having a tough year everywhere. It makes thing interesting sice TN-9 is never ever going to be competitive (or TN-7, for that matter) Just out of curiousity, what don't you like about Corker?
auburntiger
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2006, 07:58:27 AM »
« Edited: October 03, 2006, 02:01:46 PM by auburntiger »

Mainly his flip-flopping over abortion. Also, there is a great possibility that he hired illegal aliens on his jobsite (maybe the Ford campaign)

I'm pro-life, and anti-illegal immigration, and for smaller govt. and lower taxes. There are probably other issues that I'm not aware of that are just as important.

I sure wish Ed Bryant had won the primary. BTW I'm voting for Phil

I just don't know if I can actually pull the lever for Ford. I guess I'm just a partisan hack. lol
Conan
conan

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2006, 02:25:28 PM »

Mainly his flip-flopping over abortion. Also, there is a great possibility that he hired illegal aliens on his jobsite (maybe the Ford campaign)

I'm pro-life, and anti-illegal immigration, and for smaller govt. and lower taxes. There are probably other issues that I'm not aware of that are just as important.

I just don't know if I can actually pull the lever for Ford. I guess I'm just a partisan hack. lol
Small government and prolife contradict eachother.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2006, 02:54:14 PM »

No, not at all.  Small government means that you don't want the government taking your money in taxes and being overbearing on restrictions.  Being pro-life means you simply want the government to stop genocide.
auburntiger
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2006, 03:20:14 PM »

Huh
No. I am pro-life becuase I believe the unborn fetus is a human being and therefore aborting it means its murder. I am for small government and fiscal conservatism b/c I think I can spend my $$$ better than the govt. can.
those two issues have noting to do with each other.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies