al-Sadr: Bush invaded Iraq to prevent return of 12th Imam
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:42:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  al-Sadr: Bush invaded Iraq to prevent return of 12th Imam
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: al-Sadr: Bush invaded Iraq to prevent return of 12th Imam  (Read 1951 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 03, 2006, 10:21:14 AM »
« edited: October 03, 2006, 10:31:42 AM by jmfcst »

Waiting for the imam's return to Earth

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0%2C%2C3-2385384%2C00.html

THE followers of Moqtada al-Sadr believe that the US invaded Iraq to prevent the return to Earth of their sect’s messiah-like figure, the Mahdi, or 12th imam.

Hojatoleslam al-Sadr claims that his militia is preparing for the day when the Mahdi, the last direct descendent of the revered Shia figure Ali, reappears. Shia believe that the Mahdi, who disappeared in 868, will bring justice to Earth.

At a prayer service in the central Iraqi city of Kufa on September 15, the cleric told a crowd of thousands that the Americans were collecting a dossier on the Mahdi to prevent his return. “Did you ever ask yourself about why all of this, the bloodshed and the prisons? Why are the brothers fighting each other for a political game planned by the Americans? This all happened because they (the Americans) are waiting for the Mahdi. This planning started ten years ago. They have a big file for Imam Mahdi and they just need his picture to complete it.”

Hojatoleslam al-Sadr and his advisers are convinced that the Americans want to destroy Islam and stop the Mahdi. “The Americans are trying to hijack Islamic movements. They think that these are serving the Mahdi’s interests. Whatever they did in Afghanistan and Iraq are all attempts to hijack the Mahdi’s return.”

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 10:34:20 AM »

Bush should have killed al-Sadr a couple of years ago.  Instead they tried to reign him in by allowing him to join the 'political process'.
NewFederalist
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -2.26

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 03:08:18 PM »

Bush should have killed al-Sadr a couple of years ago.  Instead they tried to reign him in by allowing him to join the 'political process'.

That comment sounds a lot like Pat Robertson's suggestion that we kill Hugo Chavez. How can a professed Christian want to do these things?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 03:32:50 PM »

That comment sounds a lot like Pat Robertson's suggestion that we kill Hugo Chavez. How can a professed Christian want to do these things?

The only thing my profession in Christianity keeps me from doing is kicking you in square in the head.

al-Sadr is a TERRORIST who has killed men and women wearing the uniform of the United States.  He should've been killed as an enemy combatant.  But, as usual, Bush was too afraid to use the necessary force to get the job done. 

Of Bush it was once said, “Told you I did. Reckless is he. Now, matters are worse.”…or was that Yoda speaking of Luke?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 04:02:22 PM »

Bush invaded Iraq for equally crazy, but different reasons.
NewFederalist
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 04:51:02 PM »

The only thing my profession in Christianity keeps me from doing is kicking you in square in the head.

al-Sadr is a TERRORIST who has killed men and women wearing the uniform of the United States.  He should've been killed as an enemy combatant.  But, as usual, Bush was too afraid to use the necessary force to get the job done. 

Of Bush it was once said, “Told you I did. Reckless is he. Now, matters are worse.”…or was that Yoda speaking of Luke?

He has an outstanding warrant for his arrest. Why not let the justice system work rather than assassination? I stand by my comment.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 05:59:58 PM »

He has an outstanding warrant for his arrest. Why not let the justice system work rather than assassination? I stand by my comment.

wasn't the warrant revoked?
NewFederalist
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 08:45:21 PM »

Not that I am aware of but the government is not currently strong enough to enforce it.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 09:34:17 PM »

Not that I am aware of but the government is not currently strong enough to enforce it.

He is the government.
Tory

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 09:47:49 PM »

He is the government.

I haven't seen you on shiachat lately, did you give it up?
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 10:10:12 PM »
« Edited: October 03, 2006, 10:12:05 PM by phknrocket1k »

He is the government.

I haven't seen you on shiachat lately, did you give it up?

I'm still there. Just don't post as often as I used to since I got facebook.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2006, 02:10:42 AM »

al-Sadr is a TERRORIST who has killed men and women wearing the uniform of the United States.

What a laughable characterization of a freedom fighter attempting to rid his nation of a hated foreign invader!  Certainly he is a detestable character due to his religiousity, but how can you blame him for killing these agents of Bush's american terrorism in the region?
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2006, 06:49:57 AM »

Anyone who believes that either the '12th imam' or Jesus Christ for that matter will return within their lifetime and then tries to hasten that return through war, terror or repression is a penny short of a pound and deserves everything coming to them.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2006, 09:07:30 AM »

Anyone who believes that either the '12th imam' or Jesus Christ for that matter will return within their lifetime and then tries to hasten that return through war, terror or repression is a penny short of a pound and deserves everything coming to them.

"'12th imam' or Jesus Christ"?  No, you are confused; there is no "or" involved, for these Muslims believe that BOTH the 12 Imam and Jesus Christ will return together, with Jesus Christ being a follower of the 12th Imam and praying behind him.

And, yes, they do believe they can bring about their return through war and chaos.

As far as their punishment…we all “deserve” punishment, but we can avoid it by following this prescription:

Acts 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ

So there is only one path for the Jew as well as for the Gentile: 
1) repentance toward God (not to be confused with repentance toward man, which is really no repentance at all)
2) faith in Christ Jesus
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2006, 09:10:35 AM »

"'12th imam' or Jesus Christ"?  No, you are confused; there is no "or" involved, for these Muslims believe that BOTH the 12 Imam and Jesus Christ will return together, with Jesus Christ being a follower of the 12th Imam and praying behind him.

And, yes, they do believe they can bring about their return through war and chaos.

As far as their punishment…we all “deserve” punishment, but we can avoid it by following this prescription:

Acts 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ

So there is only one path for the Jew as well as for the Gentile: 
1) repentance toward God (not to be confused with repentance toward man, which is really no repentance at all)
2) faith in Christ Jesus

No, they believe different nonsensical crap than you, jmfcst, so your prattlings are pointless.  Surely you can see that believing JC is 'god' or 'a follower of the 12th Imam' is equally ridiculous?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2006, 09:36:21 AM »

No, they believe different nonsensical crap than you, jmfcst, so your prattlings are pointless.  Surely you can see that believing JC is 'god' or 'a follower of the 12th Imam' is equally ridiculous?

Their true identity was not a concern of the point being made, rather afleitch was talking about those attempting to bring about a return of one of them through war.  I simply clarified that they are not trying to bring about the return of the "12th Imam OR Jesus Christ", but were rather trying to bring about the return of BOTH the "12th Imam AND Jesus Christ".
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2006, 09:39:19 AM »

Their true identity was not a concern of the point being made, rather afleitch was talking about those attempting to bring about a return of one of them through war.  I simply clarified that they are not trying to bring about the return of the "12th Imam OR Jesus Christ", but were rather trying to bring about the return of BOTH the "12th Imam AND Jesus Christ".

We already know they are religious - the details of their mental incapacity are not really necessary.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2006, 10:13:02 AM »

Which isn't really relevant to what afleitch was saying, as he was referring to both Muslims and Christians respectively who wish to do the things he was talking about.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2006, 10:23:03 AM »
« Edited: October 04, 2006, 11:15:52 AM by jmfcst »

Which isn't really relevant to what afleitch was saying, as he was referring to both Muslims and Christians respectively who wish to do the things he was talking about.

Ah, and so the point emerges!

So, who, exactly, pray tell, are these Christians who conjure up war in an attempt to advance the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ?  And how are they relevant enough to current world events to mention in the same breath as these Muslims?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2006, 10:33:31 AM »

Ah, and so the point emerges!

So, who, exactly, pray tell, are these Christians who are attempting to conjure up war in attempt to advance the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ?  And how are they relevant enough to current world events to mention in the same breath as these Muslims?

Don't ask me, ask afleitch - I'm merely clarifying the point he was making. I'm sure somewhere there exists some self-proclaimed Christians who actively wish to bring about the return of Jesus, though I couldn't point you to any particular group. As far as relevance, he was simply pointing out that they are equally having a screw loose, not whether or not they were important to world politics.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies