Foley: A "Gay Man" and was Molested by Clergyman as Teen
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:37:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Foley: A "Gay Man" and was Molested by Clergyman as Teen
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Foley: A "Gay Man" and was Molested by Clergyman as Teen  (Read 2242 times)
Conan
conan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 03, 2006, 06:27:58 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/10/03/foley.scandal/index.html

Read and discuss
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 06:29:27 PM »

Everyone blames the church for everything, this is all because the Catholic church has become to accepting, we should publically humilated the gay priests in the town square, then the church could become a church instead of a liberal secularist society
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 06:30:45 PM »

then the church could become a church instead of a liberal secularist society

Congratulations.  That may have been the least sensical statement I've seen all day.
Conan
conan

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 06:32:15 PM »

Everyone blames the church for everything, this is all because the Catholic church has become to accepting, we should publically humilated the gay priests in the town square, then the church could become a church instead of a liberal secularist society
Like the church is so liberal. The Catholic Church is one of the most conservative churches. If they were less conservative and aloud there priests to marry then they wouldnt turn out to be this way. Not all of the child molesting priests are gay either.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 06:32:41 PM »

Congratulations.  That may have been the least sensical statement I've seen all day.

The church has changed and not for the better
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 06:33:13 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Wait, wtf?  Mark Foley is gay?!  Hold the phone.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 06:34:32 PM »

OK, well, whatever.  Let me break down that statement instead of being lazy:

Are you actually implying that the Church ignored the gay priests because they wanted to be accepting of gays or paedophiles (the later of which is a mainstream liberal position now?) as opposed to covering their own collective asses, a phenomenon which knows no political boundaries?

What does any of that have to do with secularism?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 06:37:10 PM »

Are you actually implying that the Church ignored the gay priests because they wanted to be accepting of gays or paedophiles (the later of which is a mainstream liberal position now?) as opposed to covering their own collective asses, a phenomenon which knows no political boundaries?

The church is trying to become secular and "PC" rather than be a true church, Vatican II really hurt the Catholic Church.  The final straw that made me not want to go to church was my parish allowing a Democratic councilmen as a Deacon.

Here's the church's problem, they've lost Jesus's message:

Jesus changed Mary Magdelin, he didn't say "keep being a prostitute because I must learn to accept your new alternate lifestyle."  He said, "stop that sh** or I'm not going to help you"

The church needs to do more of converting and saving than accepting
Conan
conan

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 06:42:08 PM »

The church is trying to become secular and "PC" rather than be a true church, Vatican II really hurt the Catholic Church.  The final straw that made me not want to go to church was my parish allowing a Democratic councilmen as a Deacon.

Jesus changed Mary Magdelin, he didn't say "keep being a prostitute because I must learn to accept your new alternate lifestyle."  He said, "stop that sh** or I'm not going to help you"

You dont seem to know much about Mary Magdelin or christianity.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 06:43:43 PM »

I'd like to know where I'm wrong, what I said is the actual teachings not the new PC church
Conan
conan

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 06:45:39 PM »

I'd like to know where I'm wrong, what I said is the actual teachings not the new PC church
The Catholic church is very un PC. This is the church that says all gays will go to hell and that they are evil. Straight from the pope/former pope. This is the church who isnt cooperating with police in their crimes.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2006, 06:47:20 PM »

Take it outside, kids
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2006, 06:47:47 PM »

The Catholic church is very un PC. This is the church that says all gays will go to hell and that they are evil. Straight from the pope/former pope. This is the church who isnt cooperating with police in their crimes.

Umm.., you said I was wrong, where was I wrong?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2006, 06:53:42 PM »

You dont seem to know much about...christianity.
Well then, it seems he's got all the requirements to be a mainstream Chrisitan.
Conan
conan

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2006, 07:05:12 PM »

You said the church was pc and it isnt. It will take way to long to give a lesson on the scriptures. Go ask a priest or reverend whats wrong with your statement.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2006, 07:07:01 PM »

You said the church was pc and it isnt. It will take way to long to give a lesson on the scriptures. Go ask a priest or reverend whats wrong with your statement.

Whether the church is PC or not is an opinion not a fact.  And what I said is exactly what the scriptures say.  Jesus did not say accept flaws, he said fix them
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2006, 07:07:18 PM »

Could you please kick someone in the face (theologically speaking) so we can move on?  Preferrably DownWithTheLeft (or conan if you have to).
Conan
conan

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2006, 07:10:16 PM »

Could you please kick someone in the face (theologically speaking) so we can move on?  Preferrably DownWithTheLeft (or conan if you have to).
Sorry for taking up space on this topic for such nonsense.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2006, 07:10:53 PM »

Yes, next time if your going to call someone "wrong" know what your talking about
Conan
conan

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2006, 07:13:50 PM »

Yes, next time if your going to call someone "wrong" know what your talking about
You were wrong. Again this is not the place to discuss this. Go ask some clergyman as they have all the time in the world and know more then me on this subject.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2006, 10:26:24 PM »

If they were less conservative and aloud there priests to marry then they wouldnt turn out to be this way.

Uh...no.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Exactly. A lot of them are married so please explain how allowing priests to be married would reduce this?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2006, 10:27:51 PM »

This is the church that says all gays will go to hell and that they are evil. Straight from the pope/former pope.

Uh...wrong again and it would be funny if so many people didn't think it was true.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies