The Latino Coalition announces Endorsements
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:11:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  The Latino Coalition announces Endorsements
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Latino Coalition announces Endorsements  (Read 4235 times)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 04, 2006, 03:52:13 PM »

First of all:

DEANO - Look at the damn date on the letter.  If you're too lazy to do so, it is dated 10/3/06. 

Ahh, I feel better now.

Here is the link from the TLC naming all candidates receiving endorsements:  "TLC Endorsement announcement"

US Senate endorsements:
Arizona - John Kyl (R)
California - Dianne Feinstein (D)
Connecticut - Joe Lieberman (I)
Delaware - Thomas Carper (D)
Florida - Bill Nelson (D)
Maryland - Michael Steele (R)
Missouri - Jim Talent (R)
Nebraska - Ben Nelson (D)
Nevada - John Ensign (R)
New Jersey - Robert Menendez (D)
New Mexico - Jeff Bingaman (D)
New York - Hillary Clinton (D)
Ohio - Mike Dewine (R)
Pennsylvania - Rick Santorum (R)
Tennessee - Harold Ford (D)
Virginia - George Allen (R)
Washington - Mike McGavick (R)

Here is the link to the letter endorsing George Allen:  "Letter endorsing George Allen"
Deano963

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 03:55:10 PM »

DEANO - Look at the damn date on the letter.  If you're too lazy to do so, it is dated 10/3/06. 

Good! I broke your stupid-ass habit of trying to pass off month-old African American endorsements of George Allen as breaking news! Glad to see you've turned a new leaf. Keep it up.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 03:58:23 PM »

i Viva la Santorum !
Conan
conan

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 04:06:27 PM »

First of all:

Ahh, I feel better now.

Here is the link from the TLC naming all candidates receiving endorsements:  "TLC Endorsement announcement"

US Senate endorsements:
Arizona - John Kyl (R)
California - Dianne Feinstein (D)
Connecticut - Joe Lieberman (I)
Delaware - Thomas Carper (D)
Florida - Bill Nelson (D)
Maryland - Michael Steele (R)
Missouri - Jim Talent (R)
Nebraska - Ben Nelson (D)
Nevada - John Ensign (R)
New Jersey - Robert Menendez (D)
New Mexico - Jeff Bingaman (D)
New York - Hillary Clinton (D)
Ohio - Mike Dewine (R)
Pennsylvania - Rick Santorum (R)
Tennessee - Harold Ford (D)
Virginia - George Allen (R)
Washington - Mike McGavick (R)

Here is the link to the letter endorsing George Allen:  "Letter endorsing George Allen"

Back incumbents unless they are a minority themselves even though the people who they are endorsing doesnt like there race. Seems pretty logical.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 04:21:57 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2006, 04:24:11 PM by nickshepDEM »

How much weight does this group pull?  Are they the Latino group?
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 05:11:54 PM »

I opened this thread expecting to find some endorsement of Allen, and MODU didn't disappoint. Keep up the hard work, buddy. Your guy needs all the help he can get. Smiley
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 06:02:06 PM »

I opened this thread expecting to find some endorsement of Allen, and MODU didn't disappoint. Keep up the hard work, buddy. Your guy needs all the help he can get. Smiley

I aim to please.  Smiley  Though he really doesn't need my help.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 06:06:41 PM »

I can't really figure out what these endorsements have to do with anything.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 06:18:54 PM »

In a group like this, I equate it with union endorsements.  While they don't speak for everyone, the tend to influence (or represent) the voters who identify themselves with the group.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 08:51:30 PM »

They've made some good picks and some lousy buggers

Dave
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 08:58:35 PM »

I'm sure Latinos everywhere will be lining up to vote for Rick Santorum.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2006, 08:59:21 PM »

In a group like this, I equate it with union endorsements.  While they don't speak for everyone, the tend to influence (or represent) the voters who identify themselves with the group.

Hispanics must be a lot more Republican than anyone imagined, then.  Basically, this is a right-of-centre, politically-educated endorsement list and then Menendez.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2006, 09:10:05 PM »

Actually, Santorum has a pretty good record with minorties. He is very involved in urban areas. I love when people make smart ass remarks when they don't know what they're talking about.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2006, 09:11:46 PM »

Actually, Santorum has a pretty good record with minorties. He is very involved in urban areas. I love when people make smart ass remarks when they don't know what they're talking about.

Really? Care to make a prediction on his share of the Lationo vote?
Mike in Maryland
Rookie

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2006, 09:19:31 PM »

From what I read on their website, the Latino Coalition is essentially a business interest group, a sort of Hispanic mini-Chamber of Commerce.  I don't know how much weight they pull, but their bipartisan endorsements don't measure up with Latino voting behavior, which is pretty solidly Democratic in most, but not all, races.

The LC endorses, among other things, Bush's Social Security privatization plan and much of the GOP's overall fiscal policy, which are not very popular with the public overall and so are probably unpopular with Latinos.  I think the group's endorsements may carry some weight with Latino business owners, but probably not much with average rank-and-file voters.  There are a lot of other Hispanic interest groups that compete for their attention.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2006, 09:19:43 PM »

No, but I do think he'll do fairly well. Being the uninformed hack that you are, you had no idea of Santorum's involvement in urban areas amongst minorities. I'm just pointing out that your sarcastic remark was quite foolish.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2006, 09:28:55 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2006, 09:30:29 PM by Eraserhead »

No, but I do think he'll do fairly well. Being the uninformed hack that you are, you had no idea of Santorum's involvement in urban areas amongst minorities. I'm just pointing out that your sarcastic remark was quite foolish.

You are a joke and the king of hacks with an absurd signature that proves it. All politicians claim involvement in "urban areas" but does he vote to help people in them? No. Santorum will be taking home about 20% of the Latino vote and he deserves nothing more.

Honestly I'm still laughing at idea of you calling anyone a hack. Good one.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2006, 09:46:14 PM »

You are a joke and the king of hacks with an absurd signature that proves it.

I see plenty of others with signatures that include the logos of candidates that they support. How else can I be the king of hacks?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Oh, I see. So because "everyone" says it that means Santorum couldn't possibly be involved. Let's ignore the countless people on both sides that admit that he is heavily involved and go with the idiot from New York's opinion on this one.

I'm such a hack that I had supported Bob Casey for State Treasurer in 2004 and would probably vote for him again (though a lot less enthusiastically). I'm such a hack that I'll probably like Bob Casey more as a Senator than Arlen Specter. Beat that, moron.
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2006, 10:16:31 PM »

Seriously, WHAT THE HELL?

That letter is awful.  They're actually accusing Webb of intolerance.  What a joke.  Hopefully, minority voters in Northern Virginia won't listen to these clowns.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2006, 10:56:38 PM »

Phil your signature proves you are a hack because it shows that you actually believe Santorum will win. That is like me coming on here and saying Pederson has a lock on Arizona.

Oh and wow suddenly you love Bob Casey (which we all know is a lie) and that proves you aren't a hack. Want an award? I like Lincoln Chafee and Chuck Hagel myself.

No one takes you seriously because you spin everything as you see fit. My god you once went on a thread with a poll that had Casey leading by ten points and said "I'm pleased Santorum has kept Casey under 50% in recent polls". Grow up kid. You are becoming an embarrassement to humanity.
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2006, 01:11:34 AM »

Phil your signature proves you are a hack because it shows that you actually believe Santorum will win. That is like me coming on here and saying Pederson has a lock on Arizona.

Hey, I don't agree with Phil either on several issues, but that is now reason to attack him.  By your logic, I'm a partisan hack because I have Jim Webb's banner in my signature. 

Phil is a highly respectable person here on this forum.  He may be partisan, but so is most everyone here.  He's certainly not a hack; as far as Republicans go, there are far worse (you know who I'm talking about).  While I support Casey this November, I won't be taunting Phil if Santorum loses.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2006, 03:50:15 AM »

Oh and wow suddenly you love Bob Casey (which we all know is a lie) and that proves you aren't a hack. Want an award? I like Lincoln Chafee and Chuck Hagel myself.

No one takes you seriously because you spin everything as you see fit. My god you once went on a thread with a poll that had Casey leading by ten points and said "I'm pleased Santorum has kept Casey under 50% in recent polls". Grow up kid. You are becoming an embarrassement to humanity.

We won't think you're cool just because you act mean, you know. Phil has his anger problems but he's a lot nicer than you (and not more hackish than most people).
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2006, 07:03:48 AM »

Seriously, WHAT THE HELL?

That letter is awful.  They're actually accusing Webb of intolerance.  What a joke.  Hopefully, minority voters in Northern Virginia won't listen to these clowns.

See, that's one of Webb's biggest weaknesses.  Allen has a record of performance which has benefitted many ethnic groups while in office.  Webb doesn't.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2006, 09:00:17 AM »

Anyone with at least half of a brain believes Santorum has a better shot than Pederson and I'll be proven right on November 7th.

I never said I love Bob Casey. I love how you just make stuff up. I said I would likely vote for him again if he was running for Treasurer over the same Republican and that I'd probably like him more as a Senator than Specter. How can I be one of the biggest hacks here if I can say that? How many Republicans have you seriously considered voting for?

And people take you seriously? How can you even make the accusation that no one takes me seriously? I have genuine beliefs. I don't spin everything. In fact, for the longest time, I thought Casey would win. Once he announced I predicted an fairly easy victory for him. How did I spin that?

...and anyone else would say the same. It's a reasonable point. You'd find a poll with Pederson down fifteen and say that he's closing the gap! When you get a clue about anything political, you can return to the grown up table. In the meantime, enjoy Fantasy land.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2006, 09:01:34 AM »

YOU ARE IN NO POSITION TO SAY THAT I HAVE AN ANGER PROBLEM!!!

Tongue
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies