Debate time set--4 PM Eastern Standard Time (9 PM GMT) tomorrow
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:31:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Debate time set--4 PM Eastern Standard Time (9 PM GMT) tomorrow
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Debate time set--4 PM Eastern Standard Time (9 PM GMT) tomorrow  (Read 6923 times)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 07, 2004, 06:31:38 PM »

I already posted this in the Atlas Fantasy Elections section, but since it should be of interest even to those who are not interested in the Fantasy elections to see debates between 4 great political minds, I'm posting it here as well.

We have gotten confirmations from all 4 candidates that they will be there tomorrow. I'll set up a chatroom and invite everyone to it who is online at that time. If you do not have your Aol Instant Messenger name listed on your profile, please email me at enyman90@yahoo.com so that I can add your name to my buddy list and invite you to the debate. I'll send out an invitation to the chatroom at about 3:55 or so. The debate will start at 4 PM Eastern Standard time (which is 3 PM Central Standard time, 2 PM Mountain Standard time, 1 PM Pacific Standard time, and 9 PM Greenwich Mean Time).

For anyone who wants to attend but does not have Aol Instant Messenger, you can download it for free from http://www.aol.com/. If you are having difficulty downloading it, please email me or post here and we will attempt to help you out.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2004, 12:53:22 AM »
« Edited: February 08, 2004, 12:53:45 AM by Nym90 »

The transcript of the debate will be posted to this board.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2004, 01:17:53 AM »

I'm pretty sure I can moderate, but just in case I can't make it, have someone make a few back-up questions.

Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2004, 01:37:11 AM »

I won't be on when the debate is happening (work) but can I ask a question of the candidates? (in true Iowan style, always jumping the gun Tongue)

Hypothetical sitution: Russia invades the Ukraine againsts its will. Putin is not prepared to negotiate. only 40% of the population supports war; 50$% oppose, with 10% undecided. The EU have already announced they are going in, despite the fact that 2/3 of their citizenry is against them doing so, fearing they would be attacked as a result. You have 48 hours to react. What do you do?
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2004, 01:39:18 AM »

y r u asking
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2004, 01:40:12 AM »

Hugh, with all due respect, I think there are more important issues at hand, and people are on a schedule, heh.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2004, 01:48:03 AM »

this isn't the debate, this is just a question I am asking to candidates. It is to determine who I want to have their finger over the big red button.

As I said, I won't be able to ask a q during the debate, so i am atm Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2004, 07:40:04 AM »

I won't be on when the debate is happening (work) but can I ask a question of the candidates? (in true Iowan style, always jumping the gun Tongue)

Hypothetical sitution: Russia invades the Ukraine againsts its will. Putin is not prepared to negotiate. only 40% of the population supports war; 50$% oppose, with 10% undecided. The EU have already announced they are going in, despite the fact that 2/3 of their citizenry is against them doing so, fearing they would be attacked as a result. You have 48 hours to react. What do you do?

You think the EU would go to war over anything other than, possibly, French colonial interests? Think again my friend, think again...
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2004, 07:43:34 AM »

The transcript of the debate will be posted to this board.

Excellent idea. I can't use AIM because it causes my computer to freeze on a regular basis.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2004, 08:10:07 AM »

Excellent idea. I can't use AIM because it causes my computer to freeze on a regular basis.
That's strange...it's fine for me, but you're on Mac.  Oh well.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies