Gay Marriage Amendment
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:46:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Gay Marriage Amendment
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Gay Marriage Amendment  (Read 318244 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2004, 11:48:31 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Hets, from what I see of your posts, have a higher rate of mental illness and mental retardation.

If you wish to get snippy about paying for things, why should I, a person with no kids, pay for the education of the many little nippers that "breeders" plop out with too must regularity?  But I know your "issue" on this subject isn't money: it's hatred and bigotry.

Got 'yo number.  You do know that, right?

Good.

- Alfie

Whatever you say. Troll. Call it hatred if you wish. Of course in your liberal mind any dissent is considered racism. But why argue with a troll.
Alfie
Rookie

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2004, 11:55:16 PM »

No, not true.  Dissent, however defined, is a good thing -- at least when it is intelligent and reasonable.  It is when people become blind to their hatred of others that it becomes rather sad and dreary.

I just think that very few Americans share your frothingly radical, bitter view of the world, that's all.  From equality to war, you are on the fringe.  Not my fault.

- igwt
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2004, 12:00:45 AM »

No, not true.  Dissent, however defined, is a good thing -- at least when it is intelligent and reasonable.  It is when people become blind to their hatred of others that it becomes rather sad and dreary.

I just think that very few Americans share your frothingly radical, bitter view of the world, that's all.  From equality to war, you are on the fringe.  Not my fault.

- igwt

Listen troll. I am far on the "edge" I am fairly moderate. My religious beliefs show me that homosexuality is clearly an abomination and 2000 years of civilized society have shown that thought to be correct. Whether you like that fact or not. Call me whatever name you want. I personally do not give three craps. I have no bitter view of the world. I have a cynical view of the world as I do not trust 90% of Europe and almost all of Asia. They are in COMPETITION with us. They do not want America to stand as it is. It's those like you who would rather b*tch and moan about a few inconviences in your life then worry about the majority of Americans safety. Get over yourself already. If people with views such as yourself had been the majority in the second world war we never would have won and the national anthem would be Deutchland Uber Alles.  You are the first one to throw out "racist" "bigot" and that is not reasonable dissent. That is idiocy. Plain and simple.
Alfie
Rookie

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2004, 12:08:45 AM »

Shown it correct?  Really?  To who?  You?  Please.  The world long left that dark ages stuff behind.  No, I fear the wrost -- you are on the fringe, on the edge.  But hey -- some people find that exciting.

And?  What's that got to do with the topic?  BTW, the only people afraid of competing are those who know they can not win.  Is that the case here?  I know it isn'twith me -- I say "bring it on!"  Any good capitalist knows competition is the friend of the market place.  

Which views are they?  And please -- spare me the Rush "Dr Feelgood" Limbaugh crap about WWII.  He makes a mockery of all that is decent in America.  Draft dodging Chicken Hawk AND three-time divorcee... thinks he's a closet case?

- Alfie
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2004, 12:12:37 AM »

That is why 60+% of America agree with me. But I digress.

They are in competition to destroy us as a nation. Both economically and militarily. The UN is anti US.

This war is comparable to World War 2. But I guess you would prefer to have your Neville Chamberlain become president.

"We can not fight communism alone." -John Kerry 1971
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2004, 12:15:54 AM »

I think the latest poll had 51% of Americans rejecting homosexuality in society.  Basically tied with the MoE.  Hardly the fringe though.
Alfie
Rookie

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2004, 12:20:17 AM »

I think the latest poll had 51% of Americans rejecting homosexuality in society.  Basically tied with the MoE.  Hardly the fringe though.

Got a documented cite?  And please, don't even try to pass of some lunatic "Family Research Council" crap.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2004, 12:20:46 AM »

I guess 51% of Americans are "racist" "bigots" like me for holding a different opinion.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2004, 12:22:55 AM »

Got a documented cite?  And please, don't even try to pass of some lunatic "Family Research Council" crap.

Time did a poll on that in 1999.
Alfie
Rookie

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2004, 12:24:04 AM »

Time did a poll on that in 1999.

Great.  Where's the URL?  It don't "count" if you can't prove it.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2004, 12:28:02 AM »
« Edited: June 23, 2004, 12:30:12 AM by Lunar »

I had O'Reilly running in the background at 5, so that's where I got the 51% number.

By the way, I support gay marriage (actually, I want the government out of marriage - leave that to the churches).

Anyway, I did a quick Google and found this:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/polls/vault/stories/data081303.htm

36. Would you favor or oppose a law that would allow homosexual couples to legally form civil unions, giving them some of the legal rights of married couples?

Oppose - 58%

38. As you may know, the Episcopal church has given its bishops the option of allowing clergy to bless the committed relationships of gay or lesbian couples. Do you approve or disapprove of this decision?

Disapprove - 60%

39. (ASK IF RESPONDENT HAS A RELIGION) Now thinking about your own religious faith or denomination, would you approve or disapprove of giving local churches the option of blessing committed relationships of gay or lesbian couples?

Disapprove - 63%

40. (ASK IF RESPONDENT HAS A RELIGION AND ATTENDS CHURCH AT LEAST A FEW TIMES A YEAR) If the church you regularly attend decided to allow blessings of gay or lesbian couples, would you (continue to attend that church) or would you (look for another church to attend?)

Look for another 47%
Alfie
Rookie

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2004, 12:33:56 AM »

Sorry, no cigar.  That's NOT the polling data to which you referred.  You wrote:

"I think the latest poll had 51% of Americans rejecting homosexuality in society.  "

Rejectig homosexuality in society is VERY DIFFERENT than saying one disagrees with Gay marriage.  Consider what you wrote, and reply to that polling question.

- Alfie

38. As you may know, the Episcopal church has given its bishops the option of allowing clergy to bless the committed relationships of gay or lesbian couples. Do you approve or disapprove of this decision?

Disapprove - 60%

39. (ASK IF RESPONDENT HAS A RELIGION) Now thinking about your own religious faith or denomination, would you approve or disapprove of giving local churches the option of blessing committed relationships of gay or lesbian couples?

Disapprove - 63%

40. (ASK IF RESPONDENT HAS A RELIGION AND ATTENDS CHURCH AT LEAST A FEW TIMES A YEAR) If the church you regularly attend decided to allow blessings of gay or lesbian couples, would you (continue to attend that church) or would you (look for another church to attend?)

Look for another 47%
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2004, 12:35:54 AM »

Alfie here is another good thread for you. Now go criticize someone else if you can handle it.

http://www.uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=5124;start=0#msg131603
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2004, 12:36:20 AM »

Jesus, I heard the poll on the news.  I don't have the exact link, I just found a general question that implicates similar sentiments among the American populace.
Alfie
Rookie

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2004, 12:38:10 AM »

Jesus, I heard the poll on the news.  I don't have the exact link, I just found a general question that implicates similar sentiments among the American populace.

Sorry.  Hearsay simply is not admissible.  Get on google and FIND IT, or withdraw the comment.  I don't like being this way, but data, folks, is data.

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2004, 12:39:05 AM »

Sorry.  Hearsay simply is not admissible.  Get on google and FIND IT, or withdraw the comment.  I don't like being this way, but data, folks, is data.

The troll demands it Lunar. lol I love this 'dude'.
Alfie
Rookie

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2004, 12:41:01 AM »

LOL!!!! Just busting them, that's all!!!

- Alfie
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2004, 12:45:24 AM »

Replace 'rejecting homosexuality in society" or whatever, with what my poll says.  Do in your mind.

Finding a specific poll when all I can do is paraphrase the wording is near impossible.  I might not even know it if I did manage to find it
Alfie
Rookie

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2004, 12:52:31 AM »

Replace 'rejecting homosexuality in society" or whatever, with what my poll says.  Do in your mind.

Finding a specific poll when all I can do is paraphrase the wording is near impossible.  I might not even know it if I did manage to find it

Fair enough.  But do you see what I'm pointing out?  That America rejects Gay marriage is understandable to me -- it really is.  But the suggestion that somehow we are to be exiled is very different.

- Alfie
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2004, 12:57:03 AM »

Fair enough.  But do you see what I'm pointing out?  That America rejects Gay marriage is understandable to me -- it really is.  But the suggestion that somehow we are to be exiled is very different.

- Alfie

I oppose gay marriage, though I think it should be put on the ballot of the states. I do not think you should be exiled, executed or whatever you want to say I believe. My opinions on this subject have been expressed on this forum yet you fail to respect them. You do what you want but I know from my religious faith that the act you are committing is wrong, plain and simple. That doesn't mean you're a bad person or evil. Simply misguided is all.
Alfie
Rookie

« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2004, 03:12:28 AM »

Nor do I think the evangelicals, America's equal to the Taliban, ought to necessarily be shipped to Gitmo when the Dems take power in January.  I know there is some discussion about that on the Left, but for now, I disagree.  Sort of.

Your religious "faith" is a mockery, and an insult to God.  Who do you think you are -- to act as God by being the judge and jury over any group of people?  Who elevated you to that lofty position?  It is a sacrilege, it is arrogant, and it wrong for you to make such outrageous and preposterous claims.  But I will pray for you...

- Alfie

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2004, 04:39:56 AM »

I think John Kerry will not hinder the progress by fighting against the rulings that these courts make. That's his apathetic attitude on the issue.

Good! Lets let the activist judges keep getting out of control.

You mean like ones who over-ride state's rights in an election case by a 5-4 ruling?  Yeah, I'll be pefectly happy if someone can keep those 5 SCOTUS members in control.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2004, 04:43:00 AM »

I thought it asked for Democrats.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2004, 04:46:50 AM »

I had O'Reilly running in the background at 5, so that's where I got the 51% number.

By the way, I support gay marriage (actually, I want the government out of marriage - leave that to the churches).

Anyway, I did a quick Google and found this:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/polls/vault/stories/data081303.htm

36. Would you favor or oppose a law that would allow homosexual couples to legally form civil unions, giving them some of the legal rights of married couples?

Oppose - 58%

Disapprove - 60%

Disapprove - 63%

Look for another 47%

August 2003?
Trust me, opinion has moved in favor of gay marriage in the last 10 months.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2004, 08:34:32 AM »

Nor do I think the evangelicals, America's equal to the Taliban, ought to necessarily be shipped to Gitmo when the Dems take power in January.  I know there is some discussion about that on the Left, but for now, I disagree.  Sort of.

Your religious "faith" is a mockery, and an insult to God.  Who do you think you are -- to act as God by being the judge and jury over any group of people?  Who elevated you to that lofty position?  It is a sacrilege, it is arrogant, and it wrong for you to make such outrageous and preposterous claims.  But I will pray for you...

- Alfie

Hey, I'm just following the teachings of the bible. If you choose not to accept that, well that's your own idea. However wrong you are. My opinion of homosexuals is not my judgement, just biblical teaching.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies