2004 AFDNC Convention (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:18:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  2004 AFDNC Convention (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2004 AFDNC Convention  (Read 8498 times)
migrendel
Italy

« on: January 25, 2004, 06:49:27 PM »
« edited: January 25, 2004, 06:51:58 PM by migrendel »

My fellow Americans, we convene in New Orleans to make a decision that will be nothing less than our destiny. We solemnly gather to nominate our choices for President and VP, Nym90 and Harry. The reason why this choice is so grave is because we cannot fail. The alternative would be a calamity for the state and commerce, and would be nothing less than an affront to the spirit of liberty that animates this nation.

I stand before you tonight because our economy exists along old lines. The wealthy and the pedigreed still deliver pronouncements from their cold citadel of privilege, and anyone who looks up to those lofty heights cannot help but feel they will not be their self-sovereign.

This is because they cannot access what is necessary to preserve their health, and the occupation they work in, the recipient of their life's blood, will not bear fruits for their enjoyment. It is more accurately a cog in a vast machine that has one goal: profit.

This is intolerable, because America can be a fairer, better place. Only with dynamic action can these aged notions of economic Darwinism be replaced with a vision of a society where when you work, you work towards a better future for yourself.

I must also say that the men who are the guardians of the alternate of our vision for the world are distinctly unsuited for the glorious burden of public office. Why supersoulty is crass, imposing, and absolute in his rejection of the legitimacy of alternate ideas. All of these attributes with a blood-curdling sense of humor that would leave a hyena stone-faced and silent.

Perhaps most importantly, we must win because we offer the alternative view of society, one where freedom is our point of reference, and callous fear of equality and autonomy is unthinkable.

We defend the right of women to make that most important decision of their lives, whether she will become a mother, without an authoritarian state making choices that would rightfully be vested in an Obstetrician-Gynecologist. We declare for all the world that an individual of talent and dedication should not be excluded from full participation in society based upon race, religion, age, disability, national origin, or sexual orientation. We pledge to commit our full efforts to save the environment, because we do not own the land, the land owns us.

I speak to you tonight to say never to despair. Never be daunted by the mountains we must scale. The price we will pay is too much for timidity, especially for those as strong of both head and heart as us.

I leave you tonight with the commitment of my undivided emotions and mind to my candidate, Nym90, and with the words of William Hazlitt, "The love of power is the love of ourselves. The love of liberty is the love of each other."

Thank you and good-night.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies