2004 AFDNC Convention (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:42:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  2004 AFDNC Convention (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2004 AFDNC Convention  (Read 8494 times)
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« on: January 25, 2004, 01:03:40 AM »

*The governor of Iowa enters the stage*

*Someone in the crowd protests that he isn't Nym 90*

"Right you are! The next president has been held up in a crowd of support in the street. He will be in shortly, one the loving crowd disperses somewhat. Ah, here he is now..."
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2004, 09:29:10 PM »

*The governor of Iowa re-enters the stage. Before the applause dies, he yells out...*

*Welcome to the future. Welcome to a Democratic America. Welcome to a land of freedom, justice, equality and a fair go for all. Welcome to the DNC Louisiana '04!*

"Today, I come up here as a humble governor of a state that really isn't that important to the whole of America, right? Wrong. Iowa is important. So is Louisiana. And Michigan. And Alaska. And Florida. And Connecticut. And Nevada. America is a country of countries. We are all so different. Can you understand a Bostonian? Hell No! I sure as hell can't understand someone from Mobile! But there is one thing that brings us all together-America. America is a country that gives everyone a chance. I was born in a little town on the Mississippi, up in Iowa, and look where I am now. Nym90 had a similar story.

The Democrats have n important duty. Our duty is to make sure that people like myslef can become what we are. We have a duty to let that kid in East Compton become what he wants to be. We have a duty to let the single mom in Staten Island rest assured that her daughter, who suffers from Leukemia, has adequate healthcare, and a chance to live.

The Democrats bear a massive burden. We are the party that makes sure that people have what they need. Whether that is health, education, jobs or security, its our job to provide it. Who else is going to? The Republicans? Well, keep dreaming. It's our duty as Democrats. And we have given the brunt of the responsibility to these great men to my left, Nym90 and Harry!

These men, as democrats, are the only people who can assure americans that this country will remain a country of differences, and let us all have an individual style and taste-I've never understood the fascination with clam chowder in Maryland-and let us remain a country of freedom, justice, equality and a fair go for all. We now have a duty to get the message out to the Bostonians and Mobilians, even if they can't understand us. We, as democrats, must recognise our duty to our country. Nym90 and Harry have. Now, help them.

Thank you Louisiana!"

*wild cheers, a "Ooh" as the governor trips over and falls into the crowd, and then more cheers as people realise that wacky Iowan is actually crowdsurfing*

Cheesy
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 06:33:59 PM »

thanks. I guess thats why I was on the school's Public Speaking team Wink
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 08:06:15 PM »

Tongue

Don't worry I wasn't the captain' whilst I'm a good speech WRITER i'm very average at actually speaking Tongue

And it counts Smiley

Also, as has been pointed out, this isn't an election against Bush.

I suggest we run ads on the theme of duty to america.

I also suggest we discuss ads here first (looks at the VP candidate)

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies