Who won the TN Debate?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:55:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who won the TN Debate?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who won the TN Debate (10/8)?
Rep. Harold Ford, Jr. (D)

Fmr. Mayor Bob Corker (R)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: Who won the TN Debate?  (Read 1472 times)
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 08, 2006, 11:14:28 AM »

Who won the TN Debate?

I think Harold Ford by far!
poughies
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 11:21:23 AM »

Is this for real? I mean Corker didn't fall apart, but seriously.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 01:12:38 PM »

I don't think Corker fell apart at all, I just think that Ford was better.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 01:14:45 PM »

How do you put all those banners in your signature.

I copied and pasted them into paint and then just made it one graphic.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 01:17:28 PM »

How do you put all those banners in your signature.

I copied and pasted them into paint and then just made it one graphic.

And now the rest of us have to scroll down past an entire page of clashing banners.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 02:26:13 PM »

Ok so here's the deal...

I watched most of the debate live on C-SPAN last night. I noticed a few annoying things. For one, Ford and Corker started off a lot of their reponses while giggling. Another thing was their witty jabs at one another. There was one point when I would have called it for Ford but he decided to throw this in (I am paraphrasing):  "The President and I are friends. He calls me Fordy..."

Uh, what? Thanks for that one, "Fordy." After that, they were all tied up again but I'd give the debate to Ford in the end. He is a very passionate speaker as opposed to the boring Corker.

Corker is so annoying and I have such a dislike for him while "Fordy" is annoying in his own ways. The only reason why I'd even consider an endorsement in this race is because control of the Senate is at stake. If we weren't in such a bad situation, I'd more seriously consider backing Ford. We still might come to a point though where I'd hope for a Ford win.
Conan
conan

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 02:43:16 PM »

Harold Ford by far. He was congenial, fast speaking, got in his information, came across as the better choice.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 04:56:01 PM »

I am pleasantly suprised by how polite and articulate Hardold Ford is. This is the first that in which I have heard him speak for any length of time and I found him to be quite impressive. Corker on the other hand talked very slow and without passion, he didn't come off as genuine. Ford ran away with this debate, and this is really a safe time to say that he is also running away with this race. If I was Corker, I start worrying about now.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 05:14:43 PM »

Corker.  Ford had a stronger grasp of the issues, but he came off as a little punk.  He was disrespectful and too eager to please.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2006, 05:30:49 PM »

Does anybody have a link to a webcast of the debate?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2006, 05:35:08 PM »

Does anybody have a link to a webcast of the debate?

go to WREG.com, scroll about 1/3 or so down the page and their is a link to videos one of which is the debate, click on it,
Whacker77

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2006, 06:22:49 PM »

I saw bits and pieces of the debate so I can't say who won or lost.  The impression I got was that Ford seemed a little too slick for me.
sethm0

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2006, 06:46:10 PM »

Ford won, but not in a blowout. Good God he's conservative. He's up in the polls though so I'll bite my tongue.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2006, 07:57:45 PM »

Ford, definitely.
poughies
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2006, 08:01:27 PM »

This has been a great mystery to me. Pretty much every dem that wins in the south is conservative at least fiscally conservative. Sure there will be exceptions, but Mr. Gore was no liberal when he was winning elections as senator. He was pro life, which is something that Ford is actually to the left of him on. Ford is on par with a Branche Lincoln/Mark Pryor type (probably a little closer to the latter)..... Now, being a conservative Dem isn't good enough. You still need to be charasmatic..... Something I think Ford has got.... what do u think? hehe.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2006, 09:13:29 PM »

Ford won by far. That said, I had to roll my eyes when he hawked his book during the closing statements.
Conan
conan

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2006, 09:20:11 PM »

Ford won by far. That said, I had to roll my eyes when he hawked his book during the closing statements.
But you have to get your message out with a book!!!!!
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2006, 02:38:11 AM »

This has been a great mystery to me. Pretty much every dem that wins in the south is conservative at least fiscally conservative. Sure there will be exceptions, but Mr. Gore was no liberal when he was winning elections as senator. He was pro life, which is something that Ford is actually to the left of him on. Ford is on par with a Branche Lincoln/Mark Pryor type (probably a little closer to the latter)..... Now, being a conservative Dem isn't good enough. You still need to be charasmatic..... Something I think Ford has got.... what do u think? hehe.

I tend to agree though I would say he is closer to Lincoln.  I disagree with some of his views, and being a New York liberal it probably is a good thing because someone more in line with my views would have no problem winning the northeast, but won't win in the south.  With that being said Ford is very charasmatic & comes across as a very likeable guy.  I think he approaches religion the way most people who are quite religious do.  He lets his religious views knon, but doesn't force his own religious beliefs on to others which is something many conservative Republicans do quite often.  He also seems to be more in the mold of love my neighbor and help them out type of approach rather than condeming those who disagree approach with those on the right take.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2006, 12:52:38 PM »

Half way through the debate on YouTube, you never realise how good Ford might be with debates from his ads and currently he's doing very well indeed, Corker isnt bad it's just Ford is so much better while Corker is a best competant if wooden...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies