Pennsylvania: Casey would have to say macaca to lose now (rasmussen)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:53:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Pennsylvania: Casey would have to say macaca to lose now (rasmussen)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Pennsylvania: Casey would have to say macaca to lose now (rasmussen)  (Read 31725 times)
poughies
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 09, 2006, 11:01:05 AM »

Pennsylvania: Senator Rick Santorum (R) now trails 50% to 37% in the latest Rasmussen Reports survey. When leaners are added in, Bob Casey, Jr. (D) is ahead 52%to 39%. Data and Article Coming Later. Over the summer, Santorum was gaining ground, but his momentum has stopped. He had closed the gap to eight points by late summer, but trailed by ten in our last poll. When this data is released to the public, we will shift our ranking of the race from "Leans Democrat" to "Democrat"  in our Senate Balance of Power summary. This once again confirms Santorum's status as the nation's most vulnerable incumbent. No Democratic incumbents are trailing at this time and no other campaign involving a Republican incumbent is rated weaker than "Leans Democrat."
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 11:21:43 AM »

Looks like this is the end of Senator Dog Sex. Good riddance.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 11:23:20 AM »

I honestly don't know which of the two is worse.
No way would I ever vote for either of them.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 12:10:36 PM »

Santorum doesn't even have a month left. He had the momentum and a chance for a comeback about a month ago, but not anymore. I have no doubt the Santorum Will Win Brigade will be here now saying he'll still pull off an amazing comeback, but that's been said for the past few months, and he even had his shot before, and blew it.

Then you're an idiot.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 12:16:25 PM »

Pennsylvania: Senator Rick Santorum (R) now trails 50% to 37% in the latest Rasmussen Reports survey. When leaners are added in, Bob Casey, Jr. (D) is ahead 52%to 39%. Data and Article Coming Later. Over the summer, Santorum was gaining ground, but his momentum has stopped. He had closed the gap to eight points by late summer, but trailed by ten in our last poll. When this data is released to the public, we will shift our ranking of the race from "Leans Democrat" to "Democrat"  in our Senate Balance of Power summary. This once again confirms Santorum's status as the nation's most vulnerable incumbent. No Democratic incumbents are trailing at this time and no other campaign involving a Republican incumbent is rated weaker than "Leans Democrat."

Link?  This is great news, but I'd rather have a source so I can more easily believe it. 
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 12:19:46 PM »

No way would I ever vote for either of them.

Casey isn't that great, but come on you're not serious?  This is Rick Santorum "man on dog".
poughies
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 12:25:48 PM »

Its in the premium section, but here is the link to  real clear politics that has it listed: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/latestpolls/
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 12:32:14 PM »

The final result will be within 2% either way, you can quote me on that.

These polls don't reflect the reality of the situation.

1) Casey has no ground organization to speak of.  Santorum has spent the last year and a half building one.

2) Casey still refuses to debate Santorum, and it is gonna generate possitive press.

In fact, tomorrow, Santorum is coming here to Erie for a Press Conference where he will be asked questions by a panel of three journalists... hmmm... wait you say, this sounds like a debate format... well, it is.  That's because it was supposed to be a debate and Casey begged off at the last minute.

There will be two podiums on the stage... Santorum's... and the empty one that Casey was supposed to be standing at... I wonder what kinda press that is going to generate.

3) Casey's lead is soft, 20% of it is based on name recongnition alone.

4) Undecideds are gonna break solidly for Santorum, because if you haven't jumped on the Casey band wagon by now, you never will.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 12:35:43 PM »

1) Casey has no ground organization to speak of.  Santorum has spent the last year and a half building one.

2) Casey still refuses to debate Santorum, and it is gonna generate possitive press.

In fact, tomorrow, Santorum is coming here to Erie for a Press Conference where he will be asked questions by a panel of three journalists... hmmm... wait you say, this sounds like a debate format... well, it is.  That's because it was supposed to be a debate and Casey begged off at the last minute.

There will be two podiums on the stage... Santorum's... and the empty one that Casey was supposed to be standing at... I wonder what kinda press that is going to generate.

4) Undecideds are gonna break solidly for Santorum, because if you haven't jumped on the Casey band wagon by now, you never will.

Did Mark Kennedy tell you that?
Conan
conan

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2006, 12:37:54 PM »

Yea It is actually too bad that we played it safe with Casey. We could have had a more progressive dem and win.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2006, 12:39:12 PM »

Yea It is actually too bad that we played it safe with Casey. We could have had a more progressive dem and win.

There's a good chance Casey will be out of there and in the Governor's mansion in less than a term anyway, we should get someone better eventually.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2006, 12:43:42 PM »

I was acctually just about to change that seat to a Dem Lean
ucscgaldamez

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2006, 12:47:41 PM »
« Edited: October 09, 2006, 12:52:23 PM by ucscgaldamez »

I don't think Santorum can pull this off. Not even with a well-organized GOTV effort. If a GOTV effort did not pull an upset for Bush in PA., it will not do so for Santorum either.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2006, 12:58:39 PM »

It'll be closer than the polls show on the day... that said, it's Casey race to lose as of today.

Casey has a strong Dem organisation in the east and west of the state and Rendell very likley re-election (potentially by a wide margin) should provide a clear win for Casey in November... but we'll see.   
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2006, 01:51:39 PM »

It'll be closer than the polls show on the day... that said, it's Casey race to lose as of today.

Casey has a strong Dem organisation in the east and west of the state and Rendell very likley re-election (potentially by a wide margin) should provide a clear win for Casey in November... but we'll see.   

Interesting theory... however, I think that no real race for the governorship, lack of organization and the fact that Rendell doesn't support Casey will mean that Democrat turnout will probably be lower, as more people are going to see the race as a run away.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2006, 02:17:18 PM »

Good, but I tend to trust myself over anyone who actually thought Kennedy was at least a half-decent candidate.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2006, 02:27:25 PM »

No, you really couldn't have. Casey's support among those in the middle is based on positive name recognition, something a Hoeffel or Hafer wouldn't have had.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2006, 02:38:28 PM »

Time for the GOP to cut the funding here and instead try to save DeWine, Allen, Corker, and Talent.
Conan
conan

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2006, 02:44:02 PM »

No, you really couldn't have. Casey's support among those in the middle is based on positive name recognition, something a Hoeffel or Hafer wouldn't have had.
The national climate and the huge dislike of Santorum would have given Ted Kennedy a Senate Seat here.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2006, 02:45:49 PM »

Good, but I tend to trust myself over anyone who actually thought Kennedy was at least a half-decent candidate.

And I tend to trust the judgement of someone who is in state over that of someone who is out of state... that being said, you have the right-up on me in Minnesota and I woudl trust that you would believe the same for me in PA
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2006, 03:50:40 PM »

There is another poll that disputes this, there is poll just released that have it a 5 pt lead.
poughies
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2006, 03:56:38 PM »

ANOTHER F-ING AWFUL COLLEGE POLL! Another poll that contradicts the findings of 4 other polls. The other poll is completly garbage and I don't believe it....
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2006, 03:57:24 PM »
« Edited: October 09, 2006, 04:00:08 PM by Quincy »

They have Rendell up by 21 so I don't see how you don't believe it.
poughies
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2006, 04:03:34 PM »

Just because that number matches doesn't make this one better. As for 2004, there last poll was 2 weeks before the election, so that could be linked to nailing the result with 2 weeks to go, who knows whether they would have had it right if they polled with a week to go. The governor's race matches other polls (with perhaps too much to Rendell), but the fact remains that this poll does not match a CLEAR trend towards Casey. U give me two other polls like that and maybe I'll believe it. Until then, I'll take Rasmussen.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2006, 04:07:55 PM »
« Edited: October 09, 2006, 04:12:26 PM by Quincy »

Franklin Marshall 7 pts, SV 10 pts and Mason Dixon 9 pts. I think it is on track with these polls. I think the lead may not be 5 but it is around 10 pts. I don't think it is this big.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies