Pennsylvania: Casey would have to say macaca to lose now (rasmussen) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:28:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Pennsylvania: Casey would have to say macaca to lose now (rasmussen) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pennsylvania: Casey would have to say macaca to lose now (rasmussen)  (Read 31957 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: October 09, 2006, 12:10:36 PM »

Santorum doesn't even have a month left. He had the momentum and a chance for a comeback about a month ago, but not anymore. I have no doubt the Santorum Will Win Brigade will be here now saying he'll still pull off an amazing comeback, but that's been said for the past few months, and he even had his shot before, and blew it.

I honestly don't know which of the two is worse.

Then you're an idiot.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 12:35:43 PM »

The final result will be within 2% either way, you can quote me on that.

These polls don't reflect the reality of the situation.

1) Casey has no ground organization to speak of.  Santorum has spent the last year and a half building one.

2) Casey still refuses to debate Santorum, and it is gonna generate possitive press.

In fact, tomorrow, Santorum is coming here to Erie for a Press Conference where he will be asked questions by a panel of three journalists... hmmm... wait you say, this sounds like a debate format... well, it is.  That's because it was supposed to be a debate and Casey begged off at the last minute.

There will be two podiums on the stage... Santorum's... and the empty one that Casey was supposed to be standing at... I wonder what kinda press that is going to generate.

3) Casey's lead is soft, 20% of it is based on name recongnition alone.

4) Undecideds are gonna break solidly for Santorum, because if you haven't jumped on the Casey band wagon by now, you never will.

Did Mark Kennedy tell you that?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 12:39:12 PM »

Yea It is actually too bad that we played it safe with Casey. We could have had a more progressive dem and win.

There's a good chance Casey will be out of there and in the Governor's mansion in less than a term anyway, we should get someone better eventually.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 02:17:18 PM »

1) Casey has no ground organization to speak of.  Santorum has spent the last year and a half building one.

2) Casey still refuses to debate Santorum, and it is gonna generate possitive press.

In fact, tomorrow, Santorum is coming here to Erie for a Press Conference where he will be asked questions by a panel of three journalists... hmmm... wait you say, this sounds like a debate format... well, it is.  That's because it was supposed to be a debate and Casey begged off at the last minute.

There will be two podiums on the stage... Santorum's... and the empty one that Casey was supposed to be standing at... I wonder what kinda press that is going to generate.

4) Undecideds are gonna break solidly for Santorum, because if you haven't jumped on the Casey band wagon by now, you never will.

I was acctually just about to change that seat to a Dem Lean

Good, but I tend to trust myself over anyone who actually thought Kennedy was at least a half-decent candidate.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 09:28:01 PM »

I was acctually just about to change that seat to a Dem Lean

Good, but I tend to trust myself over anyone who actually thought Kennedy was at least a half-decent candidate.

And I tend to trust the judgement of someone who is in state over that of someone who is out of state... that being said, you have the right-up on me in Minnesota and I woudl trust that you would believe the same for me in PA

I might if it weren't for the fact that we've been hearing forever that Santorum was going to be pull some miraculous comeback, and he hasn't.

Phil said he would be within 2 after Labor Day. He wasn't.

We were told he'd get a massive boost after the Meet The Press debate. He didn't.

We were told that whe the polls had him within 5-6 points that it'd hold there at least. It didn't.

And to top it off his approvals are trash

Note that even the Republicans admit Burns and DeWine are probably screwed, and they're both running in more conservative states against far more liberal opponents. If someone doesn't think Santorum will lose now, they must think there is absolutely no circumstance whatsoever in which he can lose, because it's harder to think a worse case scenario.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 12:24:24 PM »

The one thing no Republican ever mentions:

SANTORUM'S APPROVAL RATINGS ARE CRAP

People with net 14% disapproval seldom win, and certainly not Republicans in Kerry states in bad Republican years against the best possible challenger the opponent can get.

Like I said, Republicans must think there is no circumstance whatsoever under which Santorum can lose, because I can't think of more of a worst-case scenario than now.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 11:14:31 PM »

Does anyone else find it interesting that the Republicans are violating J.J.'s second rule of elections?

I wonder if J. J. is going to violate his own rule too.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 09:30:42 PM »

Can you say Debbie Stabenow?

I stand by my prediction Rick Santorum will win, but I wouldn't mind Casey if he doesn't change his views.

He's an idiot, but at least he's pro-life and pro-FMA

Casey is anti-FMA.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 01:36:49 PM »

Fine.

What happened to this supposed amazing ground game of Ricky's?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies