Does China approve of North Korea's nuke test?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:52:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Does China approve of North Korea's nuke test?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Does China approve of North Korea's nuke test?
Yes

No

Other (Explain)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Does China approve of North Korea's nuke test?  (Read 5836 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2006, 12:03:02 PM »

I get the feeling that Jmfcst would actually need a hand-delivered signed affidavit from the Chinese Premier, stating that his government does not approve of North Korea's nuke test, before he can even begin to start entertaining the notion of starting to think that perhaps they might not actually approve of it.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2006, 12:23:51 PM »

I get the feeling that Jmfcst would actually need a hand-delivered signed affidavit from the Chinese Premier, stating that his government does not approve of North Korea's nuke test, before he can even begin to start entertaining the notion of starting to think that perhaps they might not actually approve of it.

And you would be wrong, for I do not trust the words of the Chinese government.  So, until I see results, I am not buying their rhetoric.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2006, 04:56:07 PM »

I don't understand why in the world China would approve.  Whatever dislike the Chinese government might harbor towards the United States, their own security and well-being is their top priority (as it is with any country).  I certainly can't see how it could put their minds at ease to have a barely stable regime at their front door with nuclear weapons.  Kim Jong-Il is certainly not a Chinese puppet, much as the Chinese would probably like to have total control over North Korea.

China voted for sanctions on North Korea, has not made any attempt to squelch opinions that Kim should be forcefully removed from office, and has no logical reason whatsoever to support North Korea possessing nuclear weapons.  I simply can't see any reason to vote "yes" here other than a blind hatred for the Chinese government that restricts the capacity for logical thought and serious analysis.  However bad the Chinese government may be, they're still humans.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies