MT Debate on Now
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:17:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MT Debate on Now
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MT Debate on Now  (Read 1607 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 09, 2006, 08:32:56 PM »

Alright. How the hell was Conrad Burns ever elected? The audience is laughing at him.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 08:53:47 PM »

Stan Jones had the greatest closing statement ever.
sethm0

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 08:58:44 PM »

Stan Jones was wonderful comic relief. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard during a debate.

I didn't think Tester was at his best, but Burns was his usual senile self. Another win for Tester.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 09:05:43 PM »

Wow. I thought Tester was amazing. Jon Tester=serious business. I think this race is pretty much over tonight (if it wasn't already).
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 09:17:07 PM »

I just finished watching it.

Good lord, what kind of meds do they have Burns on? Most of the time it sounded as though even he himself did not know what he was trying to say. "The Patriot Act has not stripped you of a single right!...unless you are ----". Reminds me of the senile old men at the retirement home...thank god he is being done away with.

Tester was better, but I was rather disappointed in him. He kept telling the crowd to shut up which made him come off as stiff. I got his points, I just didn't think he was very stellar.

I loved Stan Jones though. This man is a freedom fighter...reminds me of Ross Perot in some ways. He was just flat out hilarious...but in a good way.
ThePrezMex
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: 5.25, S: -1.69

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 09:24:20 PM »

I watched the final 15 minutes or so. I was favorably impressed by Tester, I think he would be a good Senator. And I share the opinion that Burns looked senile - and he's not even that old, he's 71.

Stan Jones.... what a joke. I think if I had been one of the other candidates, after hearing his closing statement would have had a very difficult time not saying: Ohh.. you're definetely a loony one.
His closing statement about the North American Union was baseless - the new currency, etc... it did make me laugh out loud.

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 09:46:59 PM »

Stan Jones was wonderful comic relief. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard during a debate.

Are saying you don't believe we are being over taken by a global communist conspiracy?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 09:48:53 PM »

I'm switching my money over to Ameros.
ThePrezMex
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: 5.25, S: -1.69

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 10:01:34 PM »

I'm switching my money over to Ameros.

yeah! let's start doing that. ... at least can we make them in different set of colors like the Mexican bills and not just boring green?.... ah, and also in polymer, like in Australia and Mexico, instead of paper.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2006, 10:10:27 PM »

I want to see this Stan Jones guy now.
poughies
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2006, 10:16:37 PM »

The libertarian candidate seemed a lot more like a VERY liberal democrat..... Tester sounded like a liberal democrat.... Burns sounded like a moron......
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2006, 10:20:17 PM »

The libertarian candidate seemed a lot more like a VERY liberal democrat..... Tester sounded like a liberal democrat.... Burns sounded like a moron......

I'm assuming you didn't hear the part where he insisted on eliminating the Department of Education and Federal Income Tax.
poughies
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2006, 10:22:44 PM »

yea i didn't..... in all honesty... i was also watching friends..... the damn awful curtains in the back made me switch. Couldn't they invest in some drapery?
mgrossbe
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.43

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2006, 10:31:08 PM »

Outside of his conspricy theories stan jones was by far and away better than Burns. I mean a third party canidate with no expereince makin a fool out of you i agree with the person above who said how is burns is a senator. Stan should be proud of himself he won't win but if it was him verse burns you know he would, with out a doubt.
sethm0

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2006, 10:32:41 PM »

My favorite Stan Jones moment was when he suggested that global wamring isn't that big a deal because it only affects the Northern Hemisphere. I guess we can all rest easy now.
Downwinder

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2006, 10:34:36 PM »

yea i didn't..... in all honesty... i was also watching friends..... the damn awful curtains in the back made me switch. Couldn't they invest in some drapery?

LOL.  Thanks for giving me a laugh for today!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2006, 12:21:29 AM »
« Edited: October 10, 2006, 06:57:27 AM by Eraserhead »

I'm assuming you didn't hear the part where he insisted on eliminating the Department of Education and Federal Income Tax.

..or when he insisted global warming was a good, natural thing that shouldn't be stopped.
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2006, 02:36:01 AM »

Jones made Burns sound like an idiot.  Tester makes Burns look barely human.  Seriously what was the Montana GOP thinking?  He is sooooo bad.

I continue to be as impressed with John Tester as with any candidate this cycle.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies