South Dakota Special Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:38:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  South Dakota Special Election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: South Dakota Special Election  (Read 10896 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: January 26, 2004, 11:58:09 AM »

Opebo--

well depends .. I knew people int eh russell campaign and so I could have had a paid position if I wanted it but my other career is flourishing more now, so just decided to volunteer for convention.

Generally you need to go and get involved in some events and volunteer and just get out there and meet some people, local and also statewide f you can go to a convention.  After you make yourself know a bit you can then get hired on with a little experience ina state house race or then a congressional one.  I am also sure that MO will have a big staff for Bush and so maybe you can get in their.  So start by going to events, send letters and resumes to state and federal officials and start by volunteering and then work up to paid.

Just don't have a lot of contacts in MO after Ashcroft left.  Did have a guy on his Senate staff as a friend.

Is it normal to have lots of paid campaign workers in the US? I have only done unpaid volunteer work in the campaign I have participated in, but we were out-spent 10-1, so there was good reason...I felt that unpaid workers were often more dedicated than those who had been hired.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2004, 01:03:46 PM »

Well, I thought people could work at home, so to speak, but I understand expenses could be a problem.

yes lots of campaigns have hired staff, but also lots of volunteers.  Volunteers have a problem travelling though adn just picking up expenses when they move from home base.

Opebo--

well depends .. I knew people int eh russell campaign and so I could have had a paid position if I wanted it but my other career is flourishing more now, so just decided to volunteer for convention.

Generally you need to go and get involved in some events and volunteer and just get out there and meet some people, local and also statewide f you can go to a convention.  After you make yourself know a bit you can then get hired on with a little experience ina state house race or then a congressional one.  I am also sure that MO will have a big staff for Bush and so maybe you can get in their.  So start by going to events, send letters and resumes to state and federal officials and start by volunteering and then work up to paid.

Just don't have a lot of contacts in MO after Ashcroft left.  Did have a guy on his Senate staff as a friend.

Is it normal to have lots of paid campaign workers in the US? I have only done unpaid volunteer work in the campaign I have participated in, but we were out-spent 10-1, so there was good reason...I felt that unpaid workers were often more dedicated than those who had been hired.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies