Colin Wixted (Chief Justice) Confirmation Hearing
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:35:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Colin Wixted (Chief Justice) Confirmation Hearing
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Colin Wixted (Chief Justice) Confirmation Hearing  (Read 5433 times)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2006, 12:51:01 AM »

I defend my collegue Senator Jcar's vote... He has the right to vote as he sees... It's his choice, in the matter. Now, we may not agree with his breakdown of Mr. Wixted's qualifications... In fact, I'd like to share a quick story if you all don't mind...

Now, Way back when, I ran for Senate against Colin... He won, because I found some of his behavior insulting to me, as well as alot of the Atlas members as well... I deleted myself, and had intended never to return...

Since returning, I've found Colin to be a nice guy, and generally fit to serve in the offices to which he is elected.

Now, Senator Jcar has a right to vote against him, ladies and gentleman. I may not agree with him, nor do any other liberal or conservative member of this body... But the fact remains... It's his right.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2006, 09:35:14 AM »

With 6 Ayes, 1 Nay and 0 Abstentions, the Senate, hereby, confirms Colin Wixted as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

'Hawk'
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2006, 05:04:12 PM »

Now, Way back when, I ran for Senate against Colin... He won, because I found some of his behavior insulting to me, as well as alot of the Atlas members as well... I deleted myself, and had intended never to return...

Since returning, I've found Colin to be a nice guy, and generally fit to serve in the offices to which he is elected.

Well I'm sorry for acting in an insulting manner to you. It was a tough race and that was in the heated days of the AFDNC pocket votes and the Red Avatar squad and the loathing that I had for inactive AFDNC members who voted Democrat for no reason came off in that campaign. I remember attacking you from the beginning and that was probably wrong of me. It was the first time I ever had a good shot at winning an election so I felt that I had to do everything in my power to win. No hard feelings I hope.

To JCar: That's fine you have every right to vote against me. I just wanted to know what the problems were in more detail since you not liking my character is a very broad statement and I should not have pressed on you to bring up your reasoning.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2006, 10:12:53 AM »

No, I tell you! There was nothing between me and that woman who was found dead in my bathroom!

Tongue

Aye FTR, even if you are a scoundrel. Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies