Democrats: What are you doing to make sure we win this election?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:33:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Democrats: What are you doing to make sure we win this election?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Democrats: What are you doing to make sure we win this election?  (Read 3416 times)
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 14, 2006, 05:17:10 PM »

I'm been phone banking and canvassing 3-4 times a week.

What about you? The time to do something is now!!
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 05:19:18 PM »

Apart from giving $200 to the Jim Webb campaign, as well as $30 the DNC, I have just finished flyering on behalf of his campaign. 

This may well be the last election in which I will ever vote Democratic on the national level...
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 05:33:46 PM »

I've probably spent about a hundred hours or so cavassing and doorbelling
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 05:36:03 PM »

I've probably spent about a hundred hours or so cavassing and doorbelling

You're the man!! Thank you for your effort.

I want to be partying and living it up the night of November 7th, and the time to make sure that happens is now.
Conan
conan

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 05:51:02 PM »

Apart from giving $200 to the Jim Webb campaign, as well as $30 the DNC, I have just finished flyering on behalf of his campaign. 

This may well be the last election in which I will ever vote Democratic on the national level...
How is this?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 06:02:28 PM »
« Edited: October 14, 2006, 06:04:40 PM by Dixiecrat »

How is this?

As far as the 2008 presidential election goes, I am almost certain that I will be voting Republican -I have no real hope that Evan Bayh will have as much of a chance as Mark Warner did in winning his party's nomination.

Beyond that, let's face it -I am becoming more and more conservative as time goes on, and as I get older.  I can only bring myself to support moderate-to-conservative Democrats nowaways, on top of which I am identifying with the Republican Party on more issues than I ever did when I was in college.  Before long, there will be precious little left to bind me to the Democratic Party.  At this point I am only biding my time.  I am not going to switch parties this year for obvious reasons, but in future years....who knows?   
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 06:15:10 PM »

Beyond that, let's face it -I am becoming more and more conservative as time goes on, and as I get older.  I can only bring myself to support moderate-to-conservative Democrats nowaways, on top of which I am identifying with the Republican Party on more issues than I ever did when I was in college.  Before long, there will be precious little left to bind me to the Democratic Party.  At this point I am only biding my time.  I am not going to switch parties this year for obvious reasons, but in future years....who knows?   

It is obvious you should already be a GOPer.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 06:20:49 PM »

It is obvious you should already be a GOPer.

^^^^^
Conan
conan

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2006, 06:22:33 PM »

How is this?

As far as the 2008 presidential election goes, I am almost certain that I will be voting Republican -I have no real hope that Evan Bayh will have as much of a chance as Mark Warner did in winning his party's nomination.

I dont see how this can be.... You are supporting liberal dems in your banners and the Reps are far right.. The democratic party has tons of moderates and even conservatives.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 06:27:10 PM »

Please don't let Frodo hijack this thread.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2006, 06:28:18 PM »
« Edited: October 14, 2006, 06:31:08 PM by Dixiecrat »

The ones I am supporting are by and large centrist (or moderately conservative) Democrats with the exception of Maria Cantwell -as least that was my understanding when I put their banners on my sig.  I would have not have done so if I were under the impression they were libs on par with Lamont. 

And even with Cantwell, I am supporting her because I like her record on the environment and even more so because of her position on the Iraq War, both before and after she moderated her position prior to the Washington state primary.  There were many antiwar libs on DU (and probably other liberal sites) who have been working to oust her in favor of some no-name or even a Green, so I felt it necessary to do my own small part in promoting her candidacy.  It is my 'middle-finger' to them of sorts. 
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2006, 06:30:16 PM »

The ones I am supporting are by and large centrist (or moderately conservative) Democrats with the exception of Maria Cantwell -as least that was my understanding when I put their banners on my sig.  I would have not have done so if I were under the impression they were libs on par with Lamont. 

And even with Cantwell, I am supporting her because I like her record on the environment and even more so because of her position on the Iraq War.  There were many antiwar libs on DU (and probably other liberal sites) who have been working to oust her in favor of some no-name or even a Green, so I felt it necessary to do my own small part in promoting her candidacy.  It is my 'middle-finger' to them of sorts. 

I uuuuhhh oppose Russ Feingold. He's looking for money to uhhhhh.... show those liberals who is boss.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2006, 06:31:45 PM »

Back to the original topic.........
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2006, 06:32:31 PM »

And even with Cantwell, I am supporting her because I like her record on the environment and even more so because of her position on the Iraq War.  There were many antiwar libs on DU (and probably other liberal sites) who have been working to oust her in favor of some no-name or even a Green, so I felt it necessary to do my own small part in promoting her candidacy.  It is my 'middle-finger' to them of sorts. 

I uuuuhhh oppose Russ Feingold. He's looking for money to uhhhhh.... show those liberals who is boss.

That's the most pathetic parody of my positions that I have ever seen -at least try to be funny with it. 
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2006, 06:35:54 PM »

WAAA WAAA WAAA, THE DEMOCRATS ARE TOO LIBERAL!! I AM GOING TO JOIN THE REPUBLICAN PARTY!

Please Frodo, take your negativity somewhere else.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2006, 06:56:07 PM »

I have been making sure everyone I know is registered to vote.  I encourage them to vote Democrat, but I let them make up their own mind.

I think we will win more if we don't force ourselves down anyone's throats.  THe same goes for the Republicans.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2006, 09:01:02 PM »

WAAA WAAA WAAA, THE DEMOCRATS ARE TOO LIBERAL!! I AM GOING TO JOIN THE REPUBLICAN PARTY!

Please Frodo, take your negativity somewhere else.

oh come on, eventhough I am a liberal I think that BOTH parties need more moderate leaders.... personally I really wish there were three parties to represent the liberals, conservatives and moderates because right now the moderates get screwed no matter who seems to win
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2006, 09:41:39 PM »

How is this?

And who is your idea of a Republican who you would like???  and name one that can win the Primary
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2006, 09:44:28 PM »

Doing some volunenteer work for the Mejias  campaign.  Also have donatd $125 so far to the campaign  Haven't done canvassing yet (in part due to my work schedule).  Have done phone bankig, helping out with general office work.  Yesterday was delivering lawn signs.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2006, 09:45:07 PM »

I'm phonebanking twice a week, leading my local Democrats Club and I'm passing out lit for Gov. Kulongoski to strangers on the public transit.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2006, 10:02:04 PM »

lol, what havent I done?  I dropped literature and knocked on doors for 8 hours today.  During the week I phone bank and build 4x8 signs & distribute them.  I also man the Local Democratic HQ's, so that people can stop by and get signs, stickers, etc.

they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2006, 10:16:13 PM »

I've done some lit drops at my apartment and around campus, and have done some phone banking and door knocking. I'll be doing some tommorow too.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2006, 10:37:09 PM »

How is this?

And who is your idea of a Republican who you would like???

Those who are moderately conservative like Chuck Hagel, John Warner, Lindsay Graham, Richard Lugar, Johnny Isaakson, and many others too numerous to name.
----------------------------------------

And I will volunteer a list of those Republicans I don't want to have in my company:

Ted Stevens, Richard Pombo, Tom DeLay, Tom Cole, George Allen, Rick Santorum, and I am probably missing some.   

You must be logged in to read this quote.

John McCain, Mike Huckabee, Mitt Romney, and Rudy Giuliani are all acceptable. 
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2006, 10:40:52 PM »

How is this?

And who is your idea of a Republican who you would like???

Those who are moderately conservative like Chuck Hagel, John Warner, Lindsay Graham, Richard Lugar, Johnny Isaakson, and many others too numerous to name.
----------------------------------------

And I will volunteer a list of those Republicans I don't want to have in my company:

Ted Stevens, Richard Pombo, Tom DeLay, Tom Cole, George Allen, Rick Santorum, and I am probably missing some.   

You must be logged in to read this quote.

John McCain, Mike Huckabee, Mitt Romney, and Rudy Giuliani are all acceptable. 

mcCain has seemed to have burned too many bridges to win a Primary.  Giuliani is WAYYY to socially liberal to win a GOP Primary.  Romney is an obvious fake (unlike Kerry who was accused of flip floppoing, Romney's opinions have completley bounced all over the place depending who he is talking to) and Hukabee is a bit more conservative than most people tend to think.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2006, 10:42:54 PM »

Romney is under federal investigation now.  Something about the Big Dig.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies