Describe a Reagan-Reagan-Bush-Perot-Perot-Bush-Peroutka-McCain-Paul-Trump-Trump voter
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:50:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Describe a Reagan-Reagan-Bush-Perot-Perot-Bush-Peroutka-McCain-Paul-Trump-Trump voter
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Describe a Reagan-Reagan-Bush-Perot-Perot-Bush-Peroutka-McCain-Paul-Trump-Trump voter  (Read 269 times)
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 22, 2021, 04:54:45 PM »

How would you describe a Reagan-Reagan-Bush-Perot-Perot-Bush-Peroutka-McCain-Paul-Trump-Trump voter?
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 07:29:53 PM »

How would you describe a Reagan-Reagan-Bush-Perot-Perot-Bush-Peroutka-McCain-Paul-Trump-Trump voter?

A Marylandish conservative who was annoyed with Newt Gingrich's tribalism and went for Perot, a moderate, twice. In 2000, went for the 'compassionate conservatism' of George W. Bush and then for fellow Marylander Peroutka. In 2008, went for the conservative McCain, in 2012 for Rand Paul (because he disliked Romney for being Mormon) and then for Trump twice.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 09:47:34 AM »

A Marylandish conservative who was annoyed with Newt Gingrich's tribalism and went for Perot, a moderate, twice. In 2000, went for the 'compassionate conservatism' of George W. Bush and then for fellow Marylander Peroutka. In 2008, went for the conservative McCain, in 2012 for Rand Paul (because he disliked Romney for being Mormon) and then for Trump twice.

Fun fact: this is how I would vote in every election since 1980. I usually vote Republican, but I would have voted for Perot, not because of Gingrich, but because I preferred his more populist message to that of the 1990s GOP. I would have voted for Peroutka over Bush in 2004, because I would not have approved of the Iraq War. I almost would have voted for Buchanan, but I decided to vote for Bush given how close the election was, forgetting that I lived in a safe Gore state. I would have reluctantly voted for McCain in 2008, but probably regretted that and probably would have voted for Paul in hindsight, so I voted Libertarian in 2012, as I would have seen Romney as no better than McCain.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies