Courier Press: Lieberman unsure about the House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:35:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Courier Press: Lieberman unsure about the House
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Courier Press: Lieberman unsure about the House  (Read 978 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 16, 2006, 10:27:29 AM »

http://www.courant.com/news/politics/hc-lieberman1015.artoct15,0,4212964.story?coll=hc-headlines-home
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 11:12:40 AM »

Lieberman is a disgusting pile of human garbage. I hope this story spreads.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 12:28:23 PM »

I wouldn't go to that extent, but this story won't help Lieberman's cause.
Deano963

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 01:48:01 PM »

I can't believe there are so many Democrats in CT who are so stupid as to vote for this idiot who can't even say he would prefer his own party to control the House.
NHPolitico

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 02:11:00 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2006, 02:13:10 PM by NHPolitico »

I can't believe there are so many Democrats in CT who are so stupid as to vote for this idiot who can't even say he would prefer his own party to control the House.

If Lamont beats Lieberman and the GOP keeps control of the Senate, Ned will be totally useless to the people of Connecticut. Totally. Utterly. Joe, OTOH, is the ranking member of Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs. He's a powerful member of other committees, too.  What can Joe do for you? A hell of a lot, actually. He already has, in fact-- that's why he's going to beat Ned Lamont rather easily.   How can the voters (regardless of party) be stupid for choosing a guy who brings government money/projects to a small state?  I was surprised that Dodd will be appearing in ads for Ned. It seems obvious, yes, but I was still surprised.

If the Dems take the Senate, booting Lieberman is even stupider. He'd then be the Chair or a Senate Committee. Ned doesn't change the balance of power in the Senate, so he has no influence among even Democrat leadership there. Electing Lamont makes no sense.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 02:37:59 PM »

He says he has been assured by Senate Democratic leaders of retaining his 18 years of seniority, an assertion other senators say privately is well-founded.
Damn shame.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 02:44:13 PM »

Lieberman is a disgusting pile of human garbage..

why?  because he isnt a democrat anymore?

i dont blame him for being tepid in his support of democrats.  you democrats abandoned him and nominated some internet blogger and part time city council man.

just curious, has jed utilized the services of the reverend al sharpton lately?
Deano963

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 02:55:11 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2006, 02:57:31 PM by Deano963 »

If Lamont beats Lieberman and the GOP keeps control of the Senate, Ned will be totally useless to the people of Connecticut. Totally. Utterly. Joe, OTOH, is the ranking member of Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs. He's a powerful member of other committees, too.  What can Joe do for you? A hell of a lot, actually. He already has, in fact-- that's why he's going to beat Ned Lamont rather easily.   How can the voters (regardless of party) be stupid for choosing a guy who brings government money/projects to a small state? 

LOL LOL LOL.

Translation: PORK PORK PORK PORK PORK PORK PORK PORK.

I find it only reinforces my opinion of Joe even more that when people argue in his favor, the only thing they can say is that he brings pork to the state.

Forget principles, forget his stance on when we are going to stop sending our soldiers to die for no reason, on when we are going to stop spending $8 billion/week in Iraq, forget that he talks and walks like Dick Cheney, forget that the man has not one conviction that he won't drop like bad habit in exchange for a campaign fundraiser featuring Karl Rove.

Yes....let's just forget all of that and focus on the one thing Lieberman is good at - spending money that dosen't exist and further contributing to our bloated national debt.

Your argument is absolutely pathetic and like I said only reinforces my opinion of Joe.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 03:17:04 PM »

I dont do this often but.........

Senator Joe Leiberman, heres that new avatar you ordered:

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 04:14:46 PM »

If Lamont beats Lieberman and the GOP keeps control of the Senate, Ned will be totally useless to the people of Connecticut. Totally. Utterly. Joe, OTOH, is the ranking member of Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs. He's a powerful member of other committees, too.  What can Joe do for you? A hell of a lot, actually. He already has, in fact-- that's why he's going to beat Ned Lamont rather easily.   How can the voters (regardless of party) be stupid for choosing a guy who brings government money/projects to a small state? 

LOL LOL LOL.

Translation: PORK PORK PORK PORK PORK PORK PORK PORK.

I find it only reinforces my opinion of Joe even more that when people argue in his favor, the only thing they can say is that he brings pork to the state.

Forget principles, forget his stance on when we are going to stop sending our soldiers to die for no reason, on when we are going to stop spending $8 billion/week in Iraq, forget that he talks and walks like Dick Cheney, forget that the man has not one conviction that he won't drop like bad habit in exchange for a campaign fundraiser featuring Karl Rove.

Yes....let's just forget all of that and focus on the one thing Lieberman is good at - spending money that dosen't exist and further contributing to our bloated national debt.

Your argument is absolutely pathetic and like I said only reinforces my opinion of Joe.

Joe is doing a really sh**tty job. When he took office in 1989, CT got back 86 cents per dollar they sent DC. In 2004, they got back 66 cents per dollar.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/files/ftsbs-timeseries-20060316.pdf
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 09:12:09 PM »

Lieberman may have deep concerns that a Democratic House would succumb to the folly of seeking to impeach Bush and, thus, risk being thrown back into a minority come 2008

Personally, I don't think they'll have the numbers to impeach Bush. Lets face it if the Democrats do gain control of the House it will be in no small part to the success of moderate candidates in "red" (for want of a better word) states

Nevertheless, the House will rightly scrutinise the executive and its decisions

Dave
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2006, 09:13:18 PM »

Lieberman may have deep concerns that a Democratic House would succumb to the folly of seeking to impeach Bush and, thus, risk being thrown back into a minority come 2008

Personally, I don't think they'll have the numbers to impeach Bush. Lets face it if the Democrats do gain control of the House it will be in no small part to the success of moderate candidates in "red" (for want of a better word) states

Nevertheless, the House will rightly scrutinise the executive and its decisions

Dave

Either Lieberman is a Republican or he's a concern troll that might as well be a Republican.
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2006, 09:49:24 PM »

How can the voters (regardless of party) be stupid for choosing a guy who brings government money/projects to a small state?  I was surprised that Dodd will be appearing in ads for Ned. It seems obvious, yes, but I was still surprised.

If the Dems take the Senate, booting Lieberman is even stupider. He'd then be the Chair or a Senate Committee. Ned doesn't change the balance of power in the Senate, so he has no influence among even Democrat leadership there. Electing Lamont makes no sense.

Well to say that Lieberman has brought money/projects home to CT is rediculous.  Although he is pro-pork he does poorly bringing that pork home.  We're 49 out of 50 for a return on our taxes.

And Ned does change the balance of power.  It means one less reliable Republican vote on just about everything that matters.  It means one more vote to end the illegal and immoral war in Iraq.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies