WA: Survey USA: Cantwell(D) has the advantage over McGavick(R)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:20:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  WA: Survey USA: Cantwell(D) has the advantage over McGavick(R)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WA: Survey USA: Cantwell(D) has the advantage over McGavick(R)  (Read 769 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 16, 2006, 08:13:45 PM »

New Poll: Washington Senator by Survey USA on 2006-10-15

Summary: D: 51%, R: 43%, U: 3%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 10:22:52 PM »

Looks like this is just going to be 2004 again, with the Libertarian maybe hurting Cantwell a bit.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 05:34:38 PM »

I'd expect the Libertarian to hurt McGavick more, but maybe he'll pull from both equally. Cantwell is not exactly for small government to begin with.

The Libertarian seems to be running on a "flowers, peace, gay marriage and stuff, everyone!" platform instead of a "death to taxes" platform.  It'll be interesting to see, considering that the LP is traditionally weak in wealthy suburbs, the place where this kind of message would appeal most when matched with economic conservativism.
Mr. Paleoconservative
Reagan Raider
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: 5.30

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 05:43:36 PM »

I'd expect the Libertarian to hurt McGavick more, but maybe he'll pull from both equally. Cantwell is not exactly for small government to begin with.

The Libertarian seems to be running on a "flowers, peace, gay marriage and stuff, everyone!" platform instead of a "death to taxes" platform.  It'll be interesting to see, considering that the LP is traditionally weak in wealthy suburbs, the place where this kind of message would appeal most when matched with economic conservativism.

I am surprised that McGavick in the span of a year went from longshot, to contender, to longshot again.  The guy who masterminded Slade Gorton's comeback campaign apparently cannot engineer his own success. 
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 06:12:59 PM »

I am surprised that McGavick in the span of a year went from longshot, to contender, to longshot again.  The guy who masterminded Slade Gorton's comeback campaign apparently cannot engineer his own success. 

Well...I really think it's more that he went from not being heard of, to being a contender, to being a longshot.

I do totally agree, though.  Where is the magic that we saw with Slade Gorton's comeback?
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.09

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 06:40:18 PM »

In 2004, the Gregoire's votes were mostly taken away by the Libertarian candidate.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 09:14:49 PM »

In 2004, the Gregoire's votes were mostly taken away by the Libertarian candidate.

True, but then again the Libertarian candidate confessed that her primary objective was to derail Gregorie. I would like to think that Bruce Guthrie is in it for a little more than that.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies