Burns closes in MT?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:31:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Burns closes in MT?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Burns closes in MT?  (Read 1123 times)
Whacker77

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 19, 2006, 06:05:17 PM »

I don't have access to this poll, but apparently Rasmussen has the Montana race closing, at least for now. The number is still in the premium section, but Tester still leads 48-46 and 49-46 with leaners.  If this proves not to be the case, I'm sorry for the error.
Mr. Paleoconservative
Reagan Raider
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: 5.30

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 06:47:43 PM »

If this is the case, it seems that Tester will need to start coming up with ways to implement an agenda rather than simply repeat the Lib-Dem talking points and making personal attacks on Burns/Bush.  I am not trying to rip into Tester, but if this poll is the real deal, he has flushed a sure thing down the toilet and made himself have to work a little for the win.
Conan
conan

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 06:51:11 PM »

If this is the case, it seems that Tester will need to start coming up with ways to implement an agenda rather than simply repeat the Lib-Dem talking points and making personal attacks on Burns/Bush.  I am not trying to rip into Tester, but if this poll is the real deal, he has flushed a sure thing down the toilet and made himself have to work a little for the win.
Personal attacks? Hahaha.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 07:42:13 PM »

Tester managed to make it a "sure thing," as it certainly wasn't a "sure thing" at the beginning of this race, and this movement is well within MoE.  Rasmussen has been screwy this year anyway.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 08:16:19 PM »

Provided that there is any value to this poll, Tester could be in real trouble. If Burns were to come back and win this, it would be the upset of the season.
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 09:25:04 AM »

One poll is, well....,  one poll...

Going from 50/44 to 48/46 in a poll with a sample size of 500 is soooooo far within the margin of error I'll call this statistical noise till we see another poll moving the same way.

One poll is, well....,  one poll...
Whacker77

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 12:42:20 PM »

Vorlon, are the Republicans doomed?  It's nice to hear from you again after two years.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies