Arnold is anti-environment
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:42:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Arnold is anti-environment
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Arnold is anti-environment  (Read 1130 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 17, 2006, 03:33:49 PM »
« edited: October 17, 2006, 03:40:29 PM by jfern »

As I've said before, Arnold opposes Prop. 87, the alternative energy propsition. It's supported by Angelides, the CA Democratic party, Bill Clinton, and even had the first TV ad in 6 years from Al Gore in support.

But, you say, he signed that greenhouse gas law.

Well, now Arnold is trying to undo everything in that law by very questionable executive orders.

Arnold has made it clear that he doesn't give one sh**t about the environment, even though the election is in 3 weeks. How hard to the right will he track Nov. 8th?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/10/17/BAG7ULQPOA1.DTL

That greenhouse warming thing was just another photo op to Arnold. At least he didn't have a pothole dug at taxpayer expense for that one.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/05/27/MNG9UCVOCH1.DTL

Dkos discussion:
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/10/17/152053/49

I wish I could say I was shocked. But this is Arnold, so I'm not.
Raoul Takemoto
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 03:44:50 PM »

jfern, you are so dead on about this. I've been telling everyone that Ahnold is moving to the center for political gain, and he will show his true colors once again after election day. 

Ahnold, like his buddy Richard Pombo, is no friend of the environment.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 04:31:30 PM »

yawn.

more dailykos links.

angelides has a promising career in insurance sales to look forward to.
NewFederalist
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -2.26

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 04:57:42 PM »

Arnold has made it clear that he doesn't give one sh**t about the environment, even though the election is in 3 weeks.

I wish I could say I was shocked. But this is Arnold, so I'm not.

Yeah but he talks so cute and has such nice muscles! Wink
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 05:30:08 PM »

Just because Arnold (not my favorite governor mind you) isn't an Al Gore environazi like the left would like, it doesn't make him an environment hater. This is another issue in which liberal elitism bleeds through and often over shadows any intelligent point that they may have had on the issue.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 05:36:27 PM »

Eh. The main problem here seems to be Arnold negotiated one agreement with the legislature which he signed, and now seems to be interpreting it in a different way, kind of like a signing statement. If he had wanted these emissions trading markets and cabinet control over implementation he should have held out for them when he was negotiating with the legislature. He's just trying to do the minimum he must to get re-elected and then move back to the right.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 05:37:08 PM »

Just because Arnold (not my favorite governor mind you) isn't an Al Gore environazi like the left would like, it doesn't make him an environment hater. This is another issue in which liberal elitism bleeds through and often over shadows any intelligent point that they may have had on the issue.

Arnold PRETENDED to care about the environment. However, it was all A PHOTO OP. Maybe extreme Gore haters like you don't care, but I'd hope anyone rational cares.  

The Democratic legislature could have kicked him under a bus and not negotatied at all with him this year, but they negotiated plenty (which helped him a HUGE AMOUNT in this governor race) and they just got stabbed in the back. Idiot Democrats.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 07:47:54 PM »

Arnold PRETENDED to care about the environment. However, it was all A PHOTO OP. Maybe extreme Gore haters like you don't care, but I'd hope anyone rational cares. 

The Democratic legislature could have kicked him under a bus and not negotatied at all with him this year, but they negotiated plenty (which helped him a HUGE AMOUNT in this governor race) and they just got stabbed in the back. Idiot Democrats.

There you go again. Disagreeing with, and legislating against the leftist environmental policy does not equate to not caring about the environment.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies