My laugh at me/lose all respect for me/make fun of me here thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:00:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  My laugh at me/lose all respect for me/make fun of me here thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My laugh at me/lose all respect for me/make fun of me here thread  (Read 798 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 28, 2006, 07:39:35 PM »

To start things off, this is probably a question that can be easily answered by a few people here, but a friend and I are wanting to make our own website.  The problem is, neither one of us knows the first thing on how to go about making one.  Does anyone know a good website to go to that would guide us into what we should do?  Thanks.

What is the website going to be, you might ask?  Well, here's the part where you can laugh at me, make fun of me, etc.  Okay, some of you might know that I'm a big X-Men fan.  Yea, not just the movies, the comic books too.  I know, I'm a geek.  Hey, I'm not going to hide it.  Smiley  So my friend and I were talking one day and made up our list of our "ideal" X-Men teams.  Then he said something about wanting to write stories based on his team, and so I decided to go along too.  Then he brought up maybe making our own website to post the stories and inviting other people along too who share our interest--they could create their own teams, as long as they're different from ours, and they could write stuff as well.  It would be just like the comic books, in that each writer would be responsible for one title per month (example: I would be the writer for Uncanny X-Men while another writer might be the writer for X-Factor).  And to somehow try and make all the stories intertwine with one another, pretty much just like the comics do, and sort of make our own X-Men universe.

Okay.  Now start making fun of me.

(But also help me out with the first question, please!!! Smiley )
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 07:44:45 PM »

Given that we're all political nerds, I really don't think any of us are in much of a position to laugh at you over this. Wink

In fact, I think your idea is pretty cool, and a friend of mine (big X-Men fan) would probably be interested.
NewFederalist
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -2.26

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 08:26:14 PM »

I suggest you send a PM to Alcon. He seems to be the computer guru here.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 09:39:21 PM »

Do you want free hosting or are you willing to pay money for the website?  That's the first question to ask, because the places to go can depend on that bit of information.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 09:52:49 PM »

the only thing i know how to do with my computer is sign on to the internet.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 10:15:12 PM »

htmlgoodies.com might help
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies