CT Senate Debate: GOOD LORD!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:45:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CT Senate Debate: GOOD LORD!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CT Senate Debate: GOOD LORD!  (Read 952 times)
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 20, 2006, 12:04:07 AM »

A 5 candidate debate (on C-SPAN now) including

Timothy Knibbs (Concerned Citizens)
Ralph Ferrucci (Green Party)
Joe Lieberman (Connecticut for Lieberman)
Alan Schlesinger (Republican)
Ned Lamont (Democrat)

A must watch.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 03:07:46 AM »

Please tell me that people went crazy.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 03:11:38 AM »

I wonder how the bizarre dynamics in this Senate race (CW is that there's a Schlesinger surge going on) will affect the House races.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 08:17:55 AM »

So I watched the debate last night, and once again...the only impressive one was Schlesinger. My evaluation of the candidates:

Tim Knibbs (CC) - Considering that he was a nobody, I was pleasantly suprised by his articulate natue. He came out with moderate-libertarian platform which included withdrawing troops from Iraq, drilling in the ANWR, and partially privatizing. Having said that, I still wasn't that impressed with him. He spouted off a lot of rhetoric, but really didn't back it up with any substance. Also, the man has virtually no charisma or drive.

Ralph Ferrucci (G) - Good lord, where did the Green Party find this guy? He was about as articulate as Reignman after having eaten a Snickers. All of his points tied to Iraq, some of them without much relevance. He was simply painful to listen to. Just the token, liberal, third party, joke.

Joe Lieberman (CFL) - I loving seeing the look on his face when Schlesinger busts him on his lies. Everytime he says that we have money in the Social Security Trust Fund, the glee that floods on to Schlesinger's face is priceless. Aside from that, Lieberman spent the whole debate on the defensive which really hindered his preformance. I thought his answers were murky (as usual) and that he was ill prepared.

Alan Schlesinger (R) - I don't care what they call themselves, any "Republican" that can even fathom voting for Joe Lieberman after hearing Schlesinger speak is a one issue hack, and just short of a RINO. Schlesinger proved once again that he had real ideas, and proved to me that he was the only conservative of the 5 on stage. He speaks brilliantly, and with a sense of fearless that I would love to see in a Senator. If or When he loses this race, I really hope his political career picks up elsewhere.

Ned Lamont (D) - Blah, same old crap. "Arg! Lieberman's fault!". As I have said before, the only thing Lamont seems to have in his platform is the idea that he isn't Joe Lieberman. Deep down, he is just an attention whore riding the waves of the back-lash. There is no substance to him, only a rank and file Democratic platform.

So, in order of preformance:

Alan Schlesinger
Timothy Knibbs
Joe Lieberman
Ned Lamont
Ralph Ferrucci
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 04:03:56 PM »

Ralph Ferrucci (G) - Good lord, where did the Green Party find this guy? He was about as articulate as Reignman after having eaten a Snickers. All of his points tied to Iraq, some of them without much relevance. He was simply painful to listen to. Just the token, liberal, third party, joke.

Do you mean Rain Man, the movie character, Reignman the basketball player, or Reignman the forum member? Tongue
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 09:46:40 PM »

Do you mean Rain Man, the movie character, Reignman the basketball player, or Reignman the forum member? Tongue

I meant Rain Man (the mentally challenged movie character), it's just been one of those weeks.

In Louisiana, I heard some noise about David DUke challenging Landrieu.;

Who would you vote for, Duke or Landrieu, Id got for Landrieu

Tough, neither suit my fancy for rather obvious reasons. With a gun to my head, I would probably take Landrieu for the simple fact that she isn't racist scum. I probably wouldn't vote.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies