Kansas
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:52:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Kansas
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kansas  (Read 1106 times)
merseysider
militant centrist

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 22, 2006, 12:32:07 PM »

I saw an interesting article on CNN saying that several senior Republicans in Kansas had defected to the Democrats because they felt that the local Republican party was too extreme and ultraconservative. This included the guy who is now the Dem's nominee for Attorney General.

Are the Dems likely to make big advances in Kansas as a result (they've already got the Governorship)?

Does this have any national implications? Are there any other states where similar things are happening? Are there any Republicans at national level who might make the same sort of switch?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 12:45:30 PM »

I saw an interesting article on CNN saying that several senior Republicans in Kansas had defected to the Democrats because they felt that the local Republican party was too extreme and ultraconservative. This included the guy who is now the Dem's nominee for Attorney General.

Are the Dems likely to make big advances in Kansas as a result (they've already got the Governorship)?

Does this have any national implications? Are there any other states where similar things are happening? Are there any Republicans at national level who might make the same sort of switch?

Oklahoma did have State Senator Nancy Riley who was a Republican Primary Candidate for Lt Governor in 2006 switch to the Democratic Party in August 2006, accusing the Republicans of abandonment.

Article:  http://www.accessmylibrary.com/comsite5/bin/pdinventory.pl?pdlanding=1&referid=2930&purchase_type=ITM&item_id=0286-16263976
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 12:51:33 PM »

I believe the Republican Attorney General is on the record as saying all homosexuals should be jailed.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 09:20:05 PM »

I believe the Republican Attorney General is on the record as saying all homosexuals should be jailed.

He also wants a registry of all women who have had abortions.

His opponent is my old county DA when I lived in Kansas and recently switched to the Democratic party.
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 02:11:16 AM »

Basically the "old school moderate Republicans" are becomming Democrats because their party has been taken over by the far right wing militant theocrats.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 11:39:46 AM »

Basically the "old school moderate Republicans" are becomming Democrats because their party has been taken over by the far right wing militant theocrats.
if it can happen in Kansas, it can (and needs to) happen everywhere else.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 03:50:34 PM »

Wealthy suburbanites?  No thanks, stay where you are.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 03:51:43 PM »

]
[/quote]
if it can happen in Kansas, it can (and needs to) happen everywhere else.
[/quote]

I'd feel better with three parties.  The current Republican Party could be the American Fascist Union (or some trendier, newer name)...the moderate Republicans and even some of the more mainstream paleocons could keep the Republican name and take it back to the tradition of Lincoln, T-R, Eisenhower, Rockefeller and Ford...and then Democrats can go back to being liberals.

Right now, I feel like most of my choices are between fascists and Eisenhower Republicans (even if they happen to be Democrats).

In Indiana we have a saying...  "Here, even our Democrats are Republicans."
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies