*sigh*... Here's an idea I think Opebo and BRTD will approve of
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:46:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  *sigh*... Here's an idea I think Opebo and BRTD will approve of
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you agree with this idea?
Yes

No

Undecided

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 21

Author Topic: *sigh*... Here's an idea I think Opebo and BRTD will approve of  (Read 1824 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 23, 2006, 03:50:57 PM »

Link

Dutch Mayor Wants Prostitutes To Accompany Troops Abroad

Amsterdam, The Netherlands (AHN) -- A Dutch mayor has supported the idea of sending prostitutes to accompany troops on mission abroad. The mayor said, "The army must consider ways its soldiers can let off steam."

Reuters quotes Annemarie Jorritsma, mayor of the town of Almere in central Netherlands, telling the national TV, "There was once the suggestion that a few prostitutes should accompany troops on missions. I think that is something we should talk about."

But Wim van den Burg, a spokesman for a military union, told a Dutch paper, "I don't think my wife would find it a good idea." The idea has led to mixed reactions from the Dutch community.

The mayor believes such a move would keep the troops away from local women. At least 2,000 Dutch soldiers are currently on mission abroad. Some of them are serving in Afghanistan and Bosnia in NATO's peacekeeping missions.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 03:57:47 PM »

That was a common practice in the past.  "Clean" women available to relax the troops while reducing the chances of them getting serious infections.  However, in the modern US military, I would be strongly against the practice.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 09:57:03 PM »

That was a common practice in the past.  "Clean" women available to relax the troops while reducing the chances of them getting serious infections.  However, in the modern US military, I would be strongly against the practice.

Why?  Modernity has not changed the physical needs of young males.

Of course this is a great idea, and would enormously reduce the number of rapes and murders comitted by the military.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 09:59:08 PM »

Opebo, are you for real or are you just an extremely sophisticated and long running troll?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 01:25:31 AM »

Opebo, are you for real or are you just an extremely sophisticated and long running troll?

For real, and why do you ask?  My post above is irrefutable, as evidenced by your inability to even attempt to refute it.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 09:06:57 AM »

No, if they want them they'll find them there.
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 10:06:55 AM »

I could see Bush trying to explain that one to his Christian followers. Roll Eyes
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 10:36:32 AM »

Possibly, though they might just rape them, being strong well-armed young men in weak subject societies.

Even if they do go searching to pay honestly, they might get into some dangerous situations.  It would be nice for the army to provide a 'safer' option for the less adventurous horny soldier.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 11:39:08 AM »

It would be nice for the army to provide a 'safer' option for the less adventurous horny soldier.

They did.  It was called Sodium Nitrate.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 11:44:58 AM »

It would be nice for the army to provide a 'safer' option for the less adventurous horny soldier.

They did.  It was called Sodium Nitrate.

Saltpeter has far more dangerous side effects than does having sex, MODU.  I'm sure the idea of making young men as impotent as you has its appeal, but sour grapes aren't a good argument for policy. 

On the other hand it is true that the owners certainly do not care about deleterious side effects in these cannon-fodder poors.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 01:01:48 PM »

This is a great idea. It'd cut down on soldiers raping local women at least, and it's good for that idea lone. Unfortunately the army passed an idiotic policy banning soldiers from hiring even local prostitutes, aimed at those stationed in the Philippines.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 01:43:41 PM »

Blame the lingering influence of christian moralism in US politics for that.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 02:32:19 PM »

We need to bring back Hooker's Brigade!
kashifsakhan
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2006, 04:17:26 PM »

haha...i cant believe im actually reading this!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2006, 12:29:27 AM »

Possibly, though they might just rape them, being strong well-armed young men in weak subject societies.

Even if they do go searching to pay honestly, they might get into some dangerous situations.  It would be nice for the army to provide a 'safer' option for the less adventurous horny soldier.

And they couldn't just rape the prostitutes.  Dumb idea.  More liberal crap from the Netherlands.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2006, 03:15:49 AM »

And they couldn't just rape the prostitutes.  Dumb idea.  More liberal crap from the Netherlands.

No, obviously they could not rape the prostitutes, as they would operate in a controlled and secure venuse overseen by the military authorities. 

And this idea is not 'liberal', you poor sap.  It is conservative.  Providing prostitutes for one's army is traditional, while denying the poor lads is the novel, 'progressive', moralistic view.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies