Fox stem cell ad hits Maryland airwaves
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:58:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Fox stem cell ad hits Maryland airwaves
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Fox stem cell ad hits Maryland airwaves  (Read 6723 times)
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2006, 05:08:08 PM »

I havn't seen it on the Milwaukee or Madison stations yet.
Deano963

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2006, 05:11:16 PM »

Steele is for stem cell research.  He just isn't for the taxpayers footing the bill for embryonic stem cell research. 

LOL!Yeh - I guesss that's what he meant to say when he compared it to Nazi torture and experimentation on Jews. He's actually for those things as well, according to your logic, he just dosen't want the taxpayers paying for them.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2006, 05:18:50 PM »

I suppose this Drudge Report headline is relevant to the thread at hand.  The battle intensifies...

EXCLUSIVE: Ad Response To Michael J. Fox running in Missouri tomorrow night; stars Jim Caviezel of 'The Passion of Christ' and Cardinals pitcher Jeff Suppan, who pitches Game 4 of World Series... MORE...

You know where to find the Drudge Report, I don't need to link to it.
Deano963

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2006, 05:18:54 PM »

I don't have a problem with Michael J. Fox promoting an issue or a candidate, but I don't like the way he's going about it.  I think it's over the top to purposefully refrain form using medication while filming these ads.  I don't doubt his sincerity, but the theatrics aren't needed.  Everyone with a descent memory knows that Fox is afflicted with Parkinson's Disease.  Pope John Paul II would never have refrained from use of his medication just to make a point.

Wow. I sincerely, SINCERELY hope that you do not get your information from Rush Limbaugh. But, unfortunately, it seems that you do.

And btw, the last time I saw Fox on one of the late-night talk shows, he looked exactly the same. I doubt he stopped taking his meds just to be dramatic then, and I doubt he is doing so now.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2006, 05:27:13 PM »

I don't really like the response ad.  It doesn't flow right.  It seems too rehearsed and too much like, well, the response ad it is.  And what is Jim Caviezel saying at the beginning?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2006, 05:46:03 PM »

Steele is for stem cell research.  He just isn't for the taxpayers footing the bill for embryonic stem cell research. 

LOL!Yeh - I guesss that's what he meant to say when he compared it to Nazi torture and experimentation on Jews. He's actually for those things as well, according to your logic, he just dosen't want the taxpayers paying for them.

If you read all I wrote on the issue, then you'll see how dumb your comment is.
Deano963

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2006, 05:50:11 PM »

If you read all I wrote on the issue, then you'll see how dumb your comment is.

I did read all you wrote. Most of it made even less sense. And absolutely none of it changes the context of the above quote from you or makes it any less dumb.

Next.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2006, 06:02:31 PM »

I did read all you wrote. Most of it made even less sense. And absolutely none of it changes the context of the above quote from you or makes it any less dumb.

Next.

Roll Eyes
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2006, 06:53:34 AM »

Counter-ad to Fox's Missouri ad.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2006, 12:31:19 PM »

That counter-ad is exactly a case of celebrities coming in from out of state and telling people what to do. At least in Fox's case he has a personal angle to it, none of these people do. Why is Patricia Heaton qualified to tell me this? Much weaker.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2006, 12:37:10 PM »

That counter-ad is exactly a case of celebrities coming in from out of state and telling people what to do.

Oh, you mean like when most of Hollywood's 'residents' travel all over the country telling people how awful the Republicans are?
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2006, 05:10:29 PM »

That counter-ad is exactly a case of celebrities coming in from out of state and telling people what to do.

Sweeney and Suppan are both athletes who play for Missouri teams, and Warner gained his fame playing for one as well.

That being said, this ad isn't nearly as powerful as the Fox one.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2006, 05:12:37 PM »

Countering the ad just makes them look foolish and desperate, This whole thing could give it to McCaskill
Deano963

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2006, 05:15:40 PM »

Countering the ad just makes them look foolish and desperate, This whole thing could give it to McCaskill

Exactly. The polls show it's losing issue for them. If they were smart they would try to draw attention away from this issue, not respond to it and create more media coverage.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2006, 06:32:41 PM »

Yup, but not countering the misleading ad is just as destructive.  It was a smart ploy to use Fox as their spokesperson.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2006, 04:49:41 PM »

Yup, but not countering the misleading ad is just as destructive.  It was a smart ploy to use Fox as their spokesperson.
Maybe but trashing the sick guy just doesn't look very good.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2006, 05:43:53 PM »

Even if Fox was off his meds, so what? He may have went on air to show how Parkinsons effects people.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2006, 09:45:49 PM »

Any questioning of the fact that Fox decided to do a commercial when he was in a state of uncontrol of his body, when there is enough recent film of him sitting relatively still, would be viewed as "trashing" him.  That's why I said it was a smart ploy by them to use Fox. 
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2006, 09:48:54 PM »

Any questioning of the fact that Fox decided to do a commercial when he was in a state of uncontrol of his body, when there is enough recent film of him sitting relatively still, would be viewed as "trashing" him.  That's why I said it was a smart ploy by them to use Fox. 

If your reffering to his Law and Order apperences then they took almost 40 shoots to make him stay that still.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2006, 10:40:50 PM »

Who are those third rate 'celebrities' in the Republican ad?  I don't know any of them.  They must have to dredge pretty deep to find any actors who are 1) intolerant enough to be Republican and 2) dumb enough to risk their careers by expressing their fasistic views.

Lets hope good producers/directors blacklist those nobodies who did the anti-Fox ad.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2006, 10:45:16 PM »

Who are those third rate 'celebrities' in the Republican ad?  I don't know any of them.  They must have to dredge pretty deep to find any actors who are 1) intolerant enough to be Republican and 2) dumb enough to risk their careers by expressing their fasistic views.

Lets hope good producers/directors blacklist those nobodies who did the anti-Fox ad.

You don't know Patricia Heaton?  I take it you don't watch TV.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2006, 10:53:01 PM »

You don't know Patricia Heaton?  I take it you don't watch TV.

I must admit I have seen that show a few times - not very good.  But I generally only watch Australian, British, and Canadian TV - we don't seem to get American shows where I live.

I wonder if that 'Raymond' guy is a right-winger.. if not he should fire the no-talent Heaton.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2006, 11:01:44 PM »

I actually like it OK, but I suppose you probably wouldn't like it unless it was Everyone Endows Raymond with a Hefty Inheritance Fund.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies