Is this our future?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:24:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Is this our future?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is this our future?  (Read 1065 times)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 24, 2006, 09:45:32 AM »

I wasn't too sure where to post this, but I guess this is as good as any.  Below is a left-wing rant with some disturbing ideologies.  Not about politics, but about how the next generation might be raised.  (I put some sections in bold to highlight the main theme, but I could almost highlight the entire entry.)

"True Story About 'Mrs. Macaca'"

To the Editor:
We had an interesting experience at Clifton Day this year. Myself, my 11-year-old son and a friend were walking up the street in the big crowd when we encountered Mrs. George Allen and her entourage. A large proportion were skinheads. We are a very political family and we talk politics around the breakfast and dinner table on a daily basis. For some reason, Mrs. Allen introduced herself to my son, who has a sweet "howdy-doody" face with freckles. Here is the exchange:
Mrs. Allen: "I am Mrs. George Allen."
My son: "You suck."
Me: "She's Mrs. Macaca."

Mrs. Allen: "Oooooo, don't teach your children to hate."
Me: "Teach your children to think. (We chant) Stop the corruption."
And she was whisked away by her handlers. I get the sense, like George W., she isn't used to opposition and the usual crowd is laced, ahead of time, with only supporters. I have never been more proud of my son. We are teaching respect on a case-by-case basis, not on arbitrary parameters having to do with social position or age. The main thrust of this experience is this: We are starting to hate and it would be incredible if the children of the right wing would start to think and read for themselves.

(Cont...)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 10:27:28 AM »

Your point?  Obviously it is great that the man is teaching his son about racism and the ruling class, as represented by the nazi-esque Allen woman.
platypeanArchcow

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -7.65

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 10:49:03 AM »

We are teaching respect on a case-by-case basis, not on arbitrary parameters having to do with social position or age.

The idea holds certain appeal.  It would be nice if we didn't have to change our behavior (or appearance for that matter--I would be happy if I could wear shorts and a T-shirt anywhere) to suit the social occasion.  But regardless of "social position or age," they should "teach the child to respect" people he meets for the first time.  Egalitarianism shouldn't be confused with a lack of civility.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 11:55:20 AM »

Your point?  Obviously it is great that the man is teaching his son about racism and the ruling class, as represented by the nazi-esque Allen woman.

So lets just go up to her and say "you suck" making our self look as bad as them. They are blinded by hate, but yet you want to teach kids to also be blinded by hate and say things like that to people who disagree with them.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 01:23:16 PM »

Um, chanting "stop the corruption" just makes you look really dumb and they should have been beaten for that alone. What a dumbass.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 01:44:31 PM »

what

I don't even understand what the intended "message" is supposed to be.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 01:46:30 PM »

No. We're far more likely to see a general anti-left backlash. Note: I don't mean right-wing because it would also go after the populistic types. At best something like me... at worst. Well it would give hitler a boner that's for sure.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 06:39:52 PM »

Okay so this guy is basically telling is child to hate people who don't agree with him? Or what? It seems rather convoluted.

On the respect issue I think you should treat with respect anyone who you come in contact with unless they are being complete dicks to you. I really loath some politicians but if I met them face to face I would be very respectful since they are a leader in the community. Jesus Christ it should be an honor to talk to and get a little face time with a public figure since so few people never even see anyone of importance.

From reading the article though the guy sounds like a class A asshole, no matter what his politics are.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 06:45:30 PM »

Bad news for leftists: they have fewer kids than conservatives. So 20 years from now Lamont's successors will lose even more badly.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 07:28:51 PM »

Not suprising, politics is the only area of discussion in which manners and respect have little or no value.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 07:54:33 PM »

Bad news for leftists: they have fewer kids than conservatives. So 20 years from now Lamont's successors will lose even more badly.

I didn't realize ideology was genetic.
platypeanArchcow

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -7.65

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2006, 04:32:34 AM »

It's probably partly genetic like everything else, but the important thing is upbringing/childhood indoctrination.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2006, 08:12:57 AM »

I should go up to the guys child and get him to believe something like his parents want to kill him. Tongue
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2006, 11:27:39 AM »

Right-wingers do engage in a high degree of indoctrination of their unfortunate offspring.. particularly the religious type.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2006, 03:11:51 PM »

Right-wingers do engage in a high degree of indoctrination of their unfortunate offspring.. particularly the religious type.

As do the left-wingers.  The original post provides an excellent example.
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2006, 03:34:46 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2006, 03:36:18 PM by Senator Virginian87 »

That's one of the most retarded comments I've ever seen.  Are you insinuating that people who are pro-life are automatcally going to have more children?  Just because you're pro-life does not mean you won't use condoms or birth control.  I'd expect this kind of partisan garbage from DWTL, but not from someone who has a brain.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2006, 03:40:17 PM »

I'd expect this kind of partisan garbage from DWTL, but not from someone who has a brain.

Perhaps you weren't around for when AuH2O was here before, but he's one of the most partisan guys out there.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2006, 03:41:02 PM »

I think he was trying to make a joke.  At least that is how I took it.  (Maybe he should have put [/sarcasm] after the post.)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies