Battle for the Senate: Both parties watch MTV
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:08:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Battle for the Senate: Both parties watch MTV
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How many Senate seats will Democrats pick up from MTV?
1, Missouri

1, Tennessee

1,  Virginia

2, Missouri and Tennessee

2, Virginia and Tennessee

2 ,Missouri and Virginia

MTV will go Democratic.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 13

Author Topic: Battle for the Senate: Both parties watch MTV  (Read 659 times)
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 25, 2006, 07:34:15 PM »

For months the NRSC confidently asserted they would hold the Senate because of the "firewall" states of Missouri, Ohio and Tennessee. 13 days before the election, Ohio is now Leans Democratic as is Montana, Rhode Island and Pennsylvania. GOP hopes of picking up NJ have diminished as Kean's overly negative campaign has repelled many voters who are equally disgusted by Menendez's corruption. This shift has left control of the Senate down to three states: Missouri, Tennessee and Virginia.

Democrats hold as slight edge in Missouri, with McCaskill benefiting from a last minute $3.5m cash infusion from the DSCC. Tennessee seemed to be slipping away from Ford, but my gut tells me that the new SUSA poll showing the race at 48%-48% is likely accurate.  If I were a Republican, I'd be very nervous that Corker wasn't ahead after the "Memphis Meltdown" and the devestating RNC ad.

Virginia is the final member of the triumvirate and the least likely member to switch parties. I think the methdology of the LAT polls was wrong and I thus toss out the only polls showing Webb in the lead.

If the election were held today,Missouri would go Democratic and Virginia and Tennessee would stay Republican. Stay tuned in Tennessee -- Saturday's debate could be they key to this dead-even race.

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 08:45:58 PM »

I only realised after voting that you were created a cutesy acronym for Maryland, Tennessee, and Virginia.  I currently have all three as Republican tossups, but I expect one will flip to produce a tied Senate.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 09:33:25 PM »

I only realised after voting that you were created a cutesy acronym for Maryland, Tennessee, and Virginia.  I currently have all three as Republican tossups, but I expect one will flip to produce a tied Senate.

If Democrats win in Missouri, let's just saying they'll be intently watching the TV to make sure they win in TV. Wink
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 09:41:45 PM »

Before I clicked on this thread, I thought it was about campaign strategies involving MTV.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 09:44:19 PM »

Before I clicked on this thread, I thought it was about campaign strategies involving MTV.

Oops.  That's how I voted as well.  I said none would go Dem cause of MTV, but now I realize the acronym.  So yes switch a MTV vote to a Missouri vote.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 12:52:06 AM »

Me too.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 12:53:19 AM »

I almost went with MV but I will look on the possible bright side and go with the whole MTV.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 07:24:48 AM »

I'll say Tennessee; but you need an option for none of them going Democratic.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies