Bush up by 5% in North Carolina says Research2000 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:45:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Polls
  Bush up by 5% in North Carolina says Research2000 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bush up by 5% in North Carolina says Research2000  (Read 4984 times)
millwx

« on: June 22, 2004, 11:06:24 AM »

There is a chance that he could actually carry his state.  If the chance succeeds, those 14 EVS are huge
Agreed.  Saw an article yesterday saying it was down to Gephardt and Vilsack.  That'd be foolish of Kerry.  I honestly still feel that even with Edwards, Kerry won't take NC.  Edwards has not been that popular even in NC (though this Research2000 poll shows him fairly popular).  But it will draw the race to within a few percent and force Bush to spend a LOT of money (15 EVs is nothing to sneeze at) in a state he would have otherwise ignored.

Edwards could also have enough draw in some surrounding states to make Bush spend money there as well.  I, personally, don't like Edwards.  I think his supposed "shine" is that of an ambulance chasing sleeze-ball lawyer Smiley  Nonetheless, from an election standpoint, he's Kerry's best bet.  Bush can't afford to spend time and money in NC - and possibly surrounding states.  **IF** this election is close, that extra time/money not spent in some other "true" battlegrounds could really cost him.  Kerry really needs to take Edwards.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies