Edwards to be vp say Fox news. Possible campaign attack on Virginia, NC and SC?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:26:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Edwards to be vp say Fox news. Possible campaign attack on Virginia, NC and SC?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Edwards to be vp say Fox news. Possible campaign attack on Virginia, NC and SC?  (Read 3966 times)
Mr. Fresh
faulfrisch
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2004, 01:06:37 PM »

Ya, PD should have been banned.  What slowed PD down was people e-mailing Dave about him.  If crackpots doesn't get banned today, we should start the e-mailing campaign.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2004, 01:08:00 PM »

I just reported Crackpots.  I hope this helps Smiley
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2004, 03:19:30 PM »

Interesting tidbit.  In a Press Conference today John McCain introduced Edwards as Vice-President Edwards
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2004, 03:25:46 PM »

Interesting tidbit.  In a Press Conference today John McCain introduced Edwards as Vice-President Edwards

No signs of it in the news.  Link?  Source?  Channel?  BS?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2004, 03:45:15 PM »

No signs of it in the news.  Link?  Source?  Channel?  BS?

It was on CNN's Inside Poltiics
Rococo4

« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2004, 03:48:13 PM »

this story is not true.........look who started it

It could end up being Edwards, but there was no announcement.  It was just speculation by guests on FNC.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2004, 03:52:39 PM »

I don't think its official by any means.  Probably speculation by those on FNC and the McCainn comments were probably made for laughs (which he did get) bec ause he thinks Edwards will get the VP nod
ThePrezMex
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: 5.25, S: -1.69

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2004, 04:25:03 PM »

Drudge Report has been running All day Long as its main news: "Exclusive: DNC Chairman favors Edwards for Kerry mate".
And since early in the morning it has not updated its just 4 lines ending in "...developing...".

It has been kept as headline even above the barbaric news about the fate of the abducted Korean.

What's your interpretation of this?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2004, 04:26:11 PM »

Crackpots is right about O'Reilly though.  Susan was on that show explaining all of the top level Edwards people throughout key positions in the Kerry campaign and how weird it would be for Kerry to tell all of his campaign leaders "No, you're wrong, I want someone different."
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2004, 08:09:52 PM »

Spinning crackpots is a troll and it's now confirmed. Delete this thread and delete her! Please!
zorkpolitics
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2004, 08:25:53 PM »

Edwards has baggage.  As a trial laywer one could pin some of the rising medical costs on the costs of malpractice insurance and lawsuit payouts.
He also has a skelton in the closet:
How can he explain setting up a dummy corporation to avoid paying an estimated $290,000 in Medicare taxes in the two years before he ran for the Senate?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2004, 08:33:18 PM »

Edwards has baggage.  As a trial laywer one could pin some of the rising medical costs on the costs of malpractice insurance and lawsuit payouts.
How can he explain setting up a dummy corporation to avoid paying an estimated $290,000 in Medicare taxes in the two years before he ran for the Senate?

Whoa that's almost a bombshell! Expect the media to bury it however. Because truth in journalism was buried once Al Gore got beat.
World Order
Spinning Crackpots
Rookie

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2004, 09:13:45 AM »

Virginia is a battleground state. Just look at the polls. Wait till edwards is picked for vp. Virginia could seriously flip democrat. if not in 2004 maybe 2008.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2004, 09:14:16 AM »

You're an idiot.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2004, 10:15:47 AM »

Virginia is a battleground state. Just look at the polls. Wait till edwards is picked for vp. Virginia could seriously flip democrat. if not in 2004 maybe 2008.

And I've got a bridge for you in Arizona!
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2004, 02:42:37 PM »

It seems to me that people think Edwards is a lot younger than he is, he is actually 50 (although he may not look it) so I don't see people attacking his age as too much of a problem like you seemed to suggest Crackpots.
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -8.26

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2004, 04:49:55 PM »

Whoa that's almost a bombshell! Expect the media to bury it however. Because truth in journalism was buried once Al Gore got beat.

it actually was buried long before that.
platypeanArchcow

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -7.65

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2004, 06:18:01 PM »

it actually was buried long before that.

Yeah, sometime around the 4th century B.C.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2004, 07:20:14 PM »

They may be an idiot, but  I'm not so sure the Republicans have such a good position in Virginia.  Yes they've managed to go from almost no seats in the General Assembly to huge majorities, but they lost the Governor's manson.  This year the Republicans have done everything possible to demotivate their base.  The huge state tax increases and out of control spending.  
Bush has done similar things (out of control spending, support of the assult weapons ban).  I suspect most Republicans will stay home this year.  

Now on the other hand the Democrats continue to energize their base (although for the life of me I can't understand why a Democrat would like Kerry).  NoVa continues to increase in population, bringing more and more Democrats from DC.  

Republicans stay home.  Democrats turn out in droves.  Virginia could easily go for Kerry especially if the VP is Southern Moderate/Conservative Democrat.

Just counting the bumper stickers I've seen in the Richmond and the surrounding counties in the last week

18 Kerry
1 Badnarik
1 Bush (from 4 years ago)

Welcome to the forum  stry_cat  Smiley A fine selection of Political Minds here... and all generally good folks Smiley Hope ya enjoy it here and always good to see another citizen of the commonwealth on the site Wink
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies