MO: Research 2000: McCaskill (D) and Talent (R) deadlocked
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:52:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  MO: Research 2000: McCaskill (D) and Talent (R) deadlocked
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MO: Research 2000: McCaskill (D) and Talent (R) deadlocked  (Read 1198 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 29, 2006, 02:47:32 AM »

New Poll: Missouri Senator by Research 2000 on 2006-10-26

Summary: D: 47%, R: 47%, U: 4%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 03:06:17 AM »

I think this is the more reflective poll than the other polls we have been getting on this race.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 04:31:48 AM »

I hope it is.  Talent has led by 2%-3% in the last polls carried out on this race, whereas McCaskill had been leading for around the last few months.  I'm hoping that Stem Cell Research and Minimum Wage on the ballot elect McCaskill.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 05:40:12 PM »

I hope it is.  Talent has led by 2%-3% in the last polls carried out on this race, whereas McCaskill had been leading for around the last few months.  I'm hoping that Stem Cell Research and Minimum Wage on the ballot elect McCaskill.

I don't think anyone will really be able to call this race until election night.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 04:02:11 AM »

I don't think anyone will really be able to call this race until election night.

As close as this one is and considering its implications for control of the Senate, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Florida 2000 type fiasco. I think both sides will be more than willing to contest if it's close enough that irregularites are an issue. Just for the sake of argument, what's the political makeup of the Missouri Supreme Court?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 04:15:06 AM »
« Edited: October 31, 2006, 04:22:02 AM by Harry Haller »

As close as this one is and considering its implications for control of the Senate, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Florida 2000 type fiasco. I think both sides will be more than willing to contest if it's close enough that irregularites are an issue. Just for the sake of argument, what's the political makeup of the Missouri Supreme Court?

Maybe Opebo knows that ... I just know that the Secretaries of State in MO, TN and VA are all Democrats.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 08:27:13 AM »

Maybe Opebo knows that ... I just know that the Secretaries of State in MO, TN and VA are all Democrats.

I really don't know, but I believe the right-wingers are up in arms because they struck down a voter-ID requirement just recently.  So that's a good sign they are moderate.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies