CT - 4 DCCC Runs ads for Farrell in NY Media Market
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:20:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CT - 4 DCCC Runs ads for Farrell in NY Media Market
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CT - 4 DCCC Runs ads for Farrell in NY Media Market  (Read 1654 times)
Conan
conan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 29, 2006, 07:12:14 PM »
« edited: October 29, 2006, 07:36:44 PM by conan »

Since when were they going to spend so much money to run ads for her in the NY Media market? Theres barely never any congressional ads on the NYC market besides Senate ads. Whats the deal in CT, don't they have their own local stations? Was this a surprise campaign move?
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 07:17:15 PM »

$1 million in a race that is leaning Democratic. How else could John Lapp of the DCCC have spent that money? How about ID-01, CA-04, KY-03, WY-AL, KS-02, OH-02, NY-19 and the list goes on and on.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 07:18:42 PM »

Since when were they going to spend so much money to run ads for her in the NY Media market? Theres barely never any congressional ads on the NYC market besides Senate ads. Whats the deal in CT, don't they have their own local stations? Was this a surprise campaign move?

CT-4, not Ct-2.  Their are local stations, but they are closer to Hartford and New Haven,  Most of the 4th district is in the NY media market, and doesn't get much coverage from the Hartford-New Haven market.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 07:35:23 PM »

I hope that you're talking about CT-04, because the CT-02 Dem opponent is Joe Courtney and the CD is nowhere near the NY media market.
Conan
conan

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 07:37:42 PM »

This seems like a waste of money to me. They should have just ran tons of ads on local cable TV.

They could have gotten a lot more for there money. 1 ad in the NY Media market is around 100 ads on cable tv practically.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 07:45:04 PM »

I hope that you're talking about CT-04, because the CT-02 Dem opponent is Joe Courtney and the CD is nowhere near the NY media market.
PoliticalMoneyLine confirms that the buy was for CT-04.
Conan
conan

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 08:18:50 PM »

Sorry about the confusion.
Conan
conan

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2006, 08:21:26 PM »

$1,025,990 ad buy
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2006, 08:23:06 PM »

no problem. Can anybody explain to me why Joe Courtney was allowed to run in CT-02? Rahm Emanuel should have pushed out this loser in a favor of a stronger foe for Simmons. As of now, I think Shays and Johnson have a better chance of losing than Simmons.
Conan
conan

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 08:33:52 PM »

no problem. Can anybody explain to me why Joe Courtney was allowed to run in CT-02? Rahm Emanuel should have pushed out this loser in a favor of a stronger foe for Simmons. As of now, I think Shays and Johnson have a better chance of losing than Simmons.
Does Ron Saxton have downsyndrome? It looks like it from that banner... Whats the beef with Courtney?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 08:42:49 PM »

Courtney has led in every poll I've seen.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 08:50:22 PM »

Clearly, you need to have your eyes (along with memory and brain) examined.

The only three Independent (not internal D or R polls) we've had are:
Aug. 27-29 - RT Strategies: Courtney 51, Simmons 45
Sept. 25-Oct. 2 - Reuters/Zogby: Simmons 44, Courtney 41
Oct. 12-Oct. 18 - Univ. of Connecticut: Simmons 46, Courtney 44
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 08:51:38 PM »

Here are the last five polls from CT-2:

Grove Insight (D)   10/25 - 10/25   400 LV   42   46   --   Courtney +4.0
Pub Op Str (R)   10/22 - 10/23   400 LV   50   43   --   Simmons +7.0
Univ. of Connecticut   10/12 - 10/18   774 LV   46   44   8   Simmons +2.0
Reuters/Zogby   09/25 - 10/02   500 LV   44   41   15   Simmons +3.0
Pub Op Str (R)   09/24 - 09/25   400 LV   50   36   --   Simmons +14.0

I just think we could have recruited a better candidate for Congress in the most Democratic district in the country that's held by a Republican.

Courtney's bio says he left the State House in 1994 and then ran unsuccessfully for LT. Gov in 1998. Besides losing in 1998 and 2002, what has Courtney been doing for the last 12 years?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2006, 08:52:34 PM »

Ah, I must've confused some internal D for independent.

However of the two showing Simmons up, one is Zogby, the other is a uni.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2006, 08:54:17 PM »

Does Ron Saxton have downsyndrome? It looks like it from that banner... Whats the beef with Courtney?

While Ron Saxton doesn't have Downs Syndrome, he does have Mad Flip-Floppers disease which is caught by candidates who are so desperate to win that they will sacrifice their principles to placate their base.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2006, 08:59:30 PM »

Ah, I must've confused some internal D for independent.

However of the two showing Simmons up, one is Zogby, the other is a uni.

And the other is a three-month old poll from a company with no record.  Smiley
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2006, 09:07:51 PM »

Does Ron Saxton have downsyndrome?

You think Downs syndrome is funny or something?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2006, 01:11:26 PM »

This seems like a waste of money to me. They should have just ran tons of ads on local cable TV.

They could have gotten a lot more for there money. 1 ad in the NY Media market is around 100 ads on cable tv practically.

It would have been a waste for them to not put it on NY Media. Of course, I support Chris Shays, but here in the 4th, there aren't many local stations based in Fairfield County, and any t.v. that is watched is base out of the NY area, so it makes sense to put it on there.
Conan
conan

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2006, 04:08:23 PM »

Does Ron Saxton have downsyndrome?

You think Downs syndrome is funny or something?
Did i suggest it was? I know people with downsyndrome. He looks like he has downsyndrome.
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2006, 07:03:14 PM »

$1 million in a race that is leaning Democratic. How else could John Lapp of the DCCC have spent that money? How about ID-01, CA-04, KY-03, WY-AL, KS-02, OH-02, NY-19 and the list goes on and on.

No where could that money have been better spent.  I fully believe the ads they are running in the Hartford-New Haven-New London market is what turned around the Courtney and Murphy races.  That money just shifted the race from Leaning-R to Leaning-D IMO.
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2006, 07:15:11 PM »

Only cause Simmons saved the sub base.  Do you know of a better candidate?  Cause I don't.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies