2004 User Predictions - Technical
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:54:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 User Predictions - Technical
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: 2004 User Predictions - Technical  (Read 136476 times)
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2004, 08:32:34 PM »

Note that I have upgraded the user prediction pages.  Please submit bugs and/or post any problems here.
Thanks,
Dave
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2004, 04:44:11 PM »

Note that I have upgraded the user prediction pages.  Please submit bugs and/or post any problems here.
Thanks,
Dave

I filled out the registration form and entered my 'code', but it says my account is not set up.. can't post a prediction.
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2004, 09:37:42 PM »

Hi,
Sorry for the difficulty.  Can you please be more specific?  When you entered the enable code, did you get an error message?  

Once you enter the code, you should get this message:

User Prediction and Polls Comments successfully enabled.
If you have an old User Prediction, upgrade it to the new database Login

Then, once you log in, I had this message
Note: This account is not enabled for full site membership.
(but I realize that it is confusing and have changed it).  The important point is that cookies must be allowed by your browser in order to post predictions (this is how the login information is remembered).  Can you describe what the error is when you try to post a prediction?

Thanks,
Dave
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #103 on: May 23, 2004, 11:45:56 AM »

Dave,

I am not able to log in to update my prediction.  I am being told that my password is incorrect.  I am sure I typed the correct password.  I have clicked the forgotten password link, but have not received an e-mail response.  My user name is JLD.  Thanks Dave!
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2004, 09:45:18 PM »
« Edited: April 01, 2019, 07:37:14 AM by Dave Leip »

Fritz - you need to register for the free atlas membership (I've created this new overall membership for polls, user predictions, and the (soon to be available) mock election.  The reg page is:

https://uselectionatlas.org/members.php?type=form

Dave
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2004, 11:10:51 AM »

Fritz - you need to register for the free atlas membership (I've created this new overall membership for polls, user predictions, and the (soon to be available) mock election.  The reg page is:

What are we going to be doing with the mock election?  Can you give any hints? Wink
PrisonerOfHope
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.70, S: -5.50

P
« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2004, 07:56:05 PM »

I've read that CO has gotten a measure on Nov. ballot for proportional appointment of electors that would take immediate effect for 2004 EC vote if it passes.   Any chance this scenario can be modeled?  How can we best reflect the situation in interim?
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2004, 08:59:56 AM »

The Predictions Page now has most recent compiled maps and data on the prediction home page.  I used the most recent 500 - about three weeks worth.  (note, that only one prediction per user is included in the compiled version.  If more than one version from any one user was created in the time frame, only the most recent of those is included in the calculations).
Dave
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #108 on: September 27, 2004, 09:20:46 PM »

A 'technical' prediction which may astound many when the first election results are announced is the size of the 'early; (used to be called 'absentee') vote and its significant difference from the precinct vote.

In many areas, the 'early' vote is counted before the precinct votes as those votes are already in the hands of the election officials in the central (usually county) voting offices.

This differentiation may be particularly accute if Democrat election officials may try to keep polling places with heabily Democrat registration open later than the times provided for by law (they did this in St. Louis in 2000).
qwerty
ghwbush
« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2004, 09:06:45 AM »

Dave, there are a few predictions with all red states or all blue states, can you delete these so they don't offset the average map on the front page?
Napoleon XIV
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: -0.70

« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2004, 10:29:17 PM »

There appears to be some sort of weird bug that just turned my map (and my friend's) into a sea of blue (with the exception of CD 1 and 2 in ME for some reason).

I'm guessing it's a bug, because it's showing the Fish voting for Bush too...
kevinatcausa
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -5.04

« Reply #111 on: October 22, 2004, 05:39:08 AM »

The median calculations for the last 500 predictions seem a bit off. 

Since the predictions don't allow for choices other than Kerry and Bush, all predictions should have (Bush+Kerry)=538, and the same should hold true for the median (which is the average of the middle two).  However, the current median has both candidates below 269.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies