Why the Democrats prob have gained back the momentum
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:06:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Why the Democrats prob have gained back the momentum
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why the Democrats prob have gained back the momentum  (Read 612 times)
poughies
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 30, 2006, 10:48:47 PM »

On the heels of some polls last week that suggested that Kean and Steele were closing the ranks fast, the beginning of this week seems like good news for Dems. I could go into the the RT Strategies polls (though I doubt some of their accuracy].... but i'll head to the senate. First, we see the NJ race. Last week there was the rasmussen poll that suggested that Kean had pulled even with Kean. Now the NJ poll has Menendez out in front by 4. To top that off with we get the Republican Strategic version polling poll that has Menendez out by 1. We all know that when a partisan poll shows u tied or down by a point, you are major trouble. Now in Maryland, we got Steele who had his own poll showing him down by 2 (again not a great sign]..... u get the rasmussen showing him down by 5 and the Wp showing him double digits. Yea the Wp is prob a little high, but I am one who doubts that Steele is less than 6 pts down. Now in Virginia, we get the clearest big movement of the whole bunch. Yea maybe the rasmussen is a little off, but there is no doubt that Webb is not only in the MoE, but tied or slightly ahead. Not to mention the internal has him u 5 which suggests that he is in fact prob tied. In Tennessee, we still havent' had a nonpartisan poll this week, but Ford has a 5 pt lead in his internal up from the 2 in the DSCC poll last week. Granted, I would prefer a nonpartisan poll to go along with this stuff. But to me in the states that are not the true tossup of Missouri, we have seen movement in the past week towards Dems. The question is whether this only momentary and Repubs can regain momentum, which i think is very possible. But polling out today and this past weekend, suggest to me Dems have it for the moment. There is a quinnipiac poll out tomorrow.... should be interesting (from NJ that is.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 10:50:29 PM »

Tradesports still has 69.7% odds on a Republican Senate, although I'd imagine that's dropping.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 11:02:20 PM »

Could you please format your post so that those of us who might actually like to read it can?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies