Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 06:42:26 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2006 Elections
| | |-+  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
| | | |-+  WA: Strategic Vision: Cantwell(D) has substantial lead on McGavick(R)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: WA: Strategic Vision: Cantwell(D) has substantial lead on McGavick(R)  (Read 929 times)
OC
olawakandi
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2006, 12:32:14 am »
Ignore

New Poll: Washington Senator by Strategic Vision on 2006-10-29

Summary: D: 52%, R: 44%, U: 4%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
YaBB God
Netherlands

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 09:44:06 pm »
Ignore

Could someone fill me in on how this race went from a possible tossup early this year to a clear win for Cantwell now? She's still in the low 50's in all the recent polls. Did the McGavick campaign implode?

Also, what are the chances that Cantwell will win swing places like Spokane and Clark Counties.

Hearing scattered reports of de Blasio supporters rounding up Kulaks on Wall Street and executing them in the streets.
It's always nice to see white people claim distant lands.
ottermax
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.97, S: -6.52

P P
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 10:53:43 pm »
Ignore

Washington has become very polarized in recent years. Most voters were already decided months before the election based on partisian lines. The race only seemed like a tossup because she won such a close election in 2000, and the gubernatorial election in 2004 was extremely close.

My state is split strongly by East and West. If you looked ten years ago, Locke and Murray were winning counties in Eastern Washington easily, but the last time a Democrat won a county in Eastern Washington for a major race was 2000 when Locke was reelected. If Murray couldn't win any counties East of the Cascades, then Cantwell probably won't.

Cantwell probably could win Clark, but it would be difficult, but I would find it more likely than any counties in Eastern Washington (although there is always room for a surprise).
CultureKing
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 12:26:05 am »
Ignore

Washington has become very polarized in recent years. Most voters were already decided months before the election based on partisian lines. The race only seemed like a tossup because she won such a close election in 2000, and the gubernatorial election in 2004 was extremely close.

My state is split strongly by East and West. If you looked ten years ago, Locke and Murray were winning counties in Eastern Washington easily, but the last time a Democrat won a county in Eastern Washington for a major race was 2000 when Locke was reelected. If Murray couldn't win any counties East of the Cascades, then Cantwell probably won't.

Cantwell probably could win Clark, but it would be difficult, but I would find it more likely than any counties in Eastern Washington (although there is always room for a surprise).

Agreed Washington has become extremely east-west polar, though the possibility of winning Spokane county is possible, I wouldnt be too suprised if Cantwell won Clark this year (Kerry only lost it by about 1-2% and Murray won it in the same year)

Econ: -6.50, Social: -5.23
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
YaBB God
Netherlands

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 01:14:33 am »
Ignore

The split between the coast and the interior is very noticable. I guess Eastern Washington has more in common with the Idaho Panhandle than the Seattle Metro area.

Now if Cantwell wins Lewis County, we'll know this is a truly historic election. We once had a discussion on here about why that was the only place in Western Washington to vote consistently Republican.

I just looked at the WA Senate and Gov. maps and it seems that Spokane and a few ID border counties can vote Dem. on occasion, but the rural central part of the state never does. Not only was there a geographical split but all the elections seem to be narrow/moderate Democrat wins. I assume this is simply due to the greater population along the coast. There were never any landslides, just 50-58% wins.

Hearing scattered reports of de Blasio supporters rounding up Kulaks on Wall Street and executing them in the streets.
It's always nice to see white people claim distant lands.
Downwinder

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 03:29:03 am »
Ignore

Seems like Cantwell is consolidating undecideds to her as the election nears.

11/07/06:  The American citizen wakes up!!  God Bless America!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout