Resolution on Senate Procedure
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:50:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Resolution on Senate Procedure  (Read 717 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 01, 2006, 06:33:06 AM »

1. The Senate's consideration shall not be unduly interupted by the official end of the Senate term and the introduction of new Senators. There shall be no need to deem legislation expired.

2. Any new Senator may change the vote of his/her predecessor unless the time for allowing the changing of votes has passed.

Sponsor: Sen. Jas
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 06:44:22 AM »

Esteemed Colleagues Smiley,

First of all, my apologies for not introducing this as soon as the Vice President concurred with my decision. I was on emergency family business in Albany, Georgia (in fact, I was out all day yesterday and when I attempted to get on line last night, I was unable to)

While, I think it is absolutely vital that the Senate proceed with haste on this Resolution, unfortunately, the OSPR does not seem to permit me to move for cloture the minute I've introduced a Resolution onto the floor

At this point in time, final votes are ongoing on the Irish Paramilitary Bill and the Atlasian-Djibouti Free Trade Bill

Bono as Game Moderator is working on the Intermediate Budget , while the Military Modernization and Readiness Bill shall be presented to the Senate minus Section 3, which has been subject to a line-item veto by the President and the Senate does not have the votes necessary to override it.

Therefore, gentleman, I think that it is a matter of urgency that we endeavour to wrap-up all legislation currently on the floor before noon Friday November 3

Thank you,

'Hawk'
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 12:56:20 PM »

I would like to have this bill passed before Al and I take office on Friday. I remember when the 15th Senate first adjourned, it was deemed that between sessions, legislation had expired.

In any case, I strongly support this bill.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 02:01:18 PM »

I would like to have this bill passed before Al and I take office on Friday. I remember when the 15th Senate first adjourned, it was deemed that between sessions, legislation had expired.

In any case, I strongly support this bill.

It is my intention to introduce nothing new for the duration of the Fifteenth Senate. My priority is to see that all legislation on the floor is concluded before noon Friday November 3; namely, the revised Military Modernization and Readiness Bill, the Irish Paramilitary Bill and the Atlasian-Djibouti Free Trade Bill

Unfortunately, for the reasons I've stated earlier, I don't think there will be time to bring this Resolution to the vote and have it all done and dusted by Friday

'Hawk'
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 04:05:41 PM »

Then I urge you to consider it a top priority for the 16th Senate.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies