Politics calling: How do you like those nasty telephone calls (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:06:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Politics calling: How do you like those nasty telephone calls (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Politics calling: How do you like those nasty telephone calls  (Read 1758 times)
David S
Junior Chimp

« on: November 02, 2006, 05:31:57 PM »

I e-mailed DeVos' campaign to say I was not going to vote for him because of those annoying calls.
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 06:19:22 PM »

I'm really getting irritated with the phone messages I'm getting from Dick Devos. I'm getting 4 or 5 a day now and they just clutter up my voice mail. I've already told his campaign that I'm not voting for him because of those damn things, but the calls keep coming. When those peckerwoods in Washington wrote the "do not call" legislation they neatly exempted themselves. We should pressure our representatives to end that exemption and leave us  alone.

Granholm's anti Republican TV ads stink too, so I'm not voting for her either. Just one more reason to vote Libertarian.
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 07:35:57 PM »

Following is an e-mail I sent to my representatives. If enough people complain about it maybe we can get it stopped.

Dear xxxxx

The robot phone calls I'm getting from politicians seeking my vote are really getting annoying. There must be at least 4 or 5 a day cluttering up my voice mail. Almost all of them are simply aimed at smearing the other candidate. When congress wrote the "Do not call" legislation they neatly exempted themselves. I urge you to sponsor legislation to close that loophole and keep these people from bothering us with their campaign ads. Until that happens I have adopted the position that I will not vote for any candidate who uses automated phone calls for campaign ads.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies