Clinton goes to bat for O'Malley.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:38:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Clinton goes to bat for O'Malley.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton goes to bat for O'Malley.  (Read 2414 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 04, 2006, 08:29:53 PM »

Click to watch the ad.

Good news, its a great ad that will play well across the entire state.

Bad news, the fact that Clinton is focusing so much on this race means something isnt right.

Guess we'll know in 2 days.

By the way, I hung out with the Mayor last night for like 2 hours.  It was great.

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 08:33:23 PM »

By the way, I hung out with the Mayor last night for like 2 hours.  It was great.

Shocked Awesome! What was the occasion?
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 08:40:14 PM »

Ive been working really hard on the campaign.  Basically my daily schedule for the last moth or so goes like this.  Wake up and go drop lit or stuff lit at the campaign HQ's, go to school and work, and then campaign (drop lit, canvass, phone bank, etc.) at night for 4-5 hours.

Anyway, my local County Councilman has really taken note of the hard work Ive put into this campaign.  So last night after an O'Malley rally at a local Democratic club, my Councilman asked me to stick around and help cleanup.  Anyway, I did, and after all the people filed out the Mayor snuck back in and we headed to the members only room.  Just the Mayor, my Councilman, and some people from his staff.  It was awesome.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 08:48:39 PM »

Ive been working really hard on the campaign.  Basically my daily schedule for the last moth or so goes like this.  Wake up and go drop lit or stuff lit at the campaign HQ's, go to school and work, and then campaign (drop lit, canvass, phone bank, etc.) at night for 4-5 hours.

Anyway, my local County Councilman has really taken note of the hard work Ive put into this campaign.  So last night after an O'Malley rally at a local Democratic club, my Councilman asked me to stick around and help cleanup.  Anyway, I did, and after all the people filed out the Mayor snuck back in and we headed to the members only room.  Just the Mayor, my Councilman, and some people from his staff.  It was awesome.

Well congrats. That's impressive dedication, and I'm not surprised that someone noticed it. Hopefully all that hard work will pay off. Smiley
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 08:51:03 PM »

well nick, since i like you, ill try not to rub it in too much when o malley loses.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 08:52:17 PM »
« Edited: November 04, 2006, 08:54:57 PM by nickshepDEM »

Cardin was at the rally, too, but he didnt stick around too long.  He was probably headed back to PG County.  He basically has to live there for the next few days.  I think he'll be fine.

I'm a little worried about the Gubernatorial race, but so far our GOTV has been great.  Its running really smooth and we have more volunteers than we can keep busy.  260,000 calls yesterday, targeted door knockers and lit drops today.

People will probably begin to think Im lying, but I met Mikulski today, too.  She was in Dundalk for a photo op and canvassed one street with us.  She's tiny!
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 08:53:47 PM »

well nick, since i like you, ill try not to rub it in too much when o malley loses.

Thanks, Walter and I like you too.  But we're not going to lose. Wink
Conan
conan

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2006, 08:56:31 PM »

Erlichs done.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2006, 08:56:40 PM »

Nick, O'Malley (kind of) looks like you.  He's older of course but you might look exactly like that in 15-20 years IMO.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2006, 08:59:20 PM »

I wish...

By the way, why do you say that?
Conan
conan

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2006, 09:26:06 PM »

Hes still behind, although narrowly and in the margin of error.  It's also a dems year and a dem state.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2006, 09:34:11 PM »

A day on the campaign trail...

A bad pic, but its the only one that turned out.

Conan
conan

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2006, 09:41:09 PM »

He looks older then in your banner. The campaign must be stressing him.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2006, 11:13:20 AM »

Maryland is pretty much the best place for Clinton to be campaigning. He was always very popular in the state and hopefully his popularity with blacks can keep them voting for Cardin rather than crossing over to the GOP.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2006, 08:01:54 PM »

Now, I'm definitely going to predict an Ehrlich win. 

I haven't forgotten about the "Clinton curse" in campaigning for other candidates one bit.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2006, 08:24:25 PM »

I haven't forgotten about the "Clinton curse" in campaigning for other candidates one bit.

He campaigned for Corzine in 2005.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2006, 08:39:57 PM »

He campaigned for Lieberman in the primary, and presently Angelides.  Smiley
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2006, 09:08:02 PM »

He campaigned for Lieberman in the primary, and presently Angelides.  Smiley

We can Harold Ford to the list as well as of today.
Deano963

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2006, 09:44:43 PM »

The 'Clinton curse'?

Get a grip.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2006, 09:49:28 PM »

The 'Clinton curse'?

Get a grip.

Check the history.  It's not correlative or anything (I would never say that), but it's interesting, that's all.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2006, 09:51:19 PM »

Clinton isnt going to hurt O'Malley or Cardin.

Wanna see someone take a hit?  Tell Bush to stop by for Ehrlich or Steele.  Hey, a guy can wish cant he?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2006, 09:56:43 PM »

Clinton isnt going to hurt O'Malley or Cardin.

Wanna see someone take a hit?  Tell Bush to stop by for Ehrlich or Steele.  Hey, a guy can wish cant he?

Hey, wait a minute.  Smiley

I'm not saying it's correlative or that it even has an effect on the campaign per se.  Rather, I'm saying that the connection between the two is becoming too obvious for me to really ignore and I take it into effect when I make predictions.  I'll probably be wrong this time around, now that I've talked about it publicly (the way it always goes).

It's kinda like the NY sports curse that started after Hillary took over or 9/11 took place or Bush became president, or whatever partisan spin you want to make of it.  I knew at some point (probably after the 2004 ALCS) that their was a reality to it and I stopped ignoring it.  The last two years I've made "mad money" betting against the Yankees in the playoffs and will continue to do so until I see the curse ending.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2006, 10:02:23 PM »

There was also that convoluted Redskins curse that we had in 2004.  It worked 19 times in a row but failed for Kerry.  Now the Clinton thing makes more sense than that, but don't put too much stock into these curses, Sam.

Plus, the "curse" isn't absolute.  There are examples where candidates that Clinton has campaigned for won.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2006, 10:06:12 PM »

There was also that convoluted Redskins curse that we had in 2004.  It worked 19 times in a row but failed for Kerry.  Now the Clinton thing makes more sense than that, but don't put too much stock into these curses, Sam.

Plus, the "curse" isn't absolute.  There are examples where candidates that Clinton has campaigned for won.

I wonder what the statistics are.  I too noticed that many of the candidates for whom Clinton campaigned tended to lose, but I never really sat down and looked at the actual percentages.

I would expect Clinton in general to be an asset in Maryland.  But sometimes I think these endorsements are irrelevant.  Maybe they help in a close race.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2006, 10:08:59 PM »

Fair enough, I will drop the point now.  Wink

I do want to say one other thing.  I have found that when predicting elections, you can't just go solely on the numbers.  Sometimes you go on gut and sometimes you go on superstition.

The key is developing that gut and superstition into such a refined tool that it becomes almost like a second number key (like polling).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies