strategies for tracking election returns / websites to check for results
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:11:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  strategies for tracking election returns / websites to check for results
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: strategies for tracking election returns / websites to check for results  (Read 655 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 04, 2006, 11:21:17 PM »

I assume there will be some kind of running discussion thread on Tuesday to track the overall House and Senate results (and then, I presume, separate threads that focus on individual races of interest).  However, I wanted to have a separate thread for people to post their strategies for how they're going to track the election returns in real time...specifically, for those looking for an up-to-the-second evolving look at the big picture, rather than on any one particular race.  (Maybe this can even be pinned to the top of the page, if it's deemed important enough.)

How will you keep track of the returns on election night?  I plan on making a list of the most vulnerable House seats, and will then mark down winners as they come in.  And in fact, I'm actually planning on keeping track of partial returns as well.  Writing down who's leading and by how much, and what %age of the precincts are reporting, up until the race is called.  This would obviously be unmanageable for all 435 seats, so I'm going to concentrate on about 40-50.  This'll give me a good picture of where things stand throughout the night.  I'll do something similar for the Senate, but that's a lot easier to keep track of.  Is anyone else going to do anything similar?  Do you have a different strategy?  Are you going to concentrate on the results coming in online, or will you be relying more on the TV coverage?

Regarding the online returns, does anyone have any suggestions for which websites are the best for keeping track of returns in a national election like this?  Or is that something that we just have to discover on election night?  I know that each state's Secretary of State's official website tends to be the definitive source for this kind of thing, but I'm not about to open 50 browser windows (!), so I'm looking for websites that will track the returns nationwide.  Are there any that are particularly good, and update frequently?
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 02:01:29 PM »

Well I'll be switching between FOX News Channel, CNBC and CNN on TV and then occaisonally coming on here.
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 03:06:11 PM »

For specific states, the Secretary of state office usually keeps up to date returns posted.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies